• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Obamas: How We Deal with Racism [W:305, 407]

You think being blonde gives you a comparable frame of reference to being black? Seriously?

If you've read this poster enough, you know she's being deadly serious. Pretty soon she'll start posting stories of all those blondes lynched in the South.

I thought you were done?

I did play the woman card. Your usual partisanism got in the way.

Have a lovely day.

No, you stupidly played the blonde card.

so.. why are white people even discussing this issue?..... our resident liberals have made it abundantly clear that white folks are not welcome to discuss the issue.

white folks, head on out to a different thread, let the black folks talk amongst themselves.

Why didn't the woman see Michelle as the first lady?

Two possibilities:

She was a low information voter, if she was a voter at all. A woman who spends most of her time texting on her free Obama phone, or:

The entire story was made up or set up.

Michelle is the only woman in the world who can walk out to the largest and best equipped private jet in the world, announce that she wants to go shopping anywhere in the world, and the pilot says yes maam and the plane takes off. I've got a problem seeing her a a victim.

Not at all.

What she was saying in the Target example was, "This kind of stuff (stuff that happened in Target) happens to everybody. That's not the kind of stuff that I'm talking about. I'm talking about this other stuff (which the article went on to enumerate)."

The problem isn't what she said, the problem is the average American's piss poor ability to analyze.

I don't agree. That's not what she was saying. She took offense at what happened in Target.

I'm sure because the person in the store actually said "hey girl...fetch me that item from the top shelf then run off and finish your chores"
Weeeell, maybe not in those words, but the little old lady probably said "You're a nice young lady, thank you" in that condescending way that old people have and Michelle picked up on it.

Thats so sad. He once was given keys to a car to park because he was black. Thats almost as bad as when he was given the keys to the White House for the same reason.
Oh that was a good one. Yessiree.

"I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new."

Is she ****ing for real? That happens to me all the time because I'm ****ing tall. And I'm white.

It's happened to me multiple times over the years as well and I'm Caucasian. I do tan well though.

And guess what? Even with their accomplishments, there's a lot of people in this country that see them as just another nigger.

White people have NO BUSINESS claiming that black people "whine too much" when it comes to racism. You simply have no comparable frame of reference.

The frame of reference, in case you didn't notice, is what the two Obamas said.

The claim of racism based on their statements is bogus. I thought even you could see through that. I guess not.

"There's no black male my age, who's a professional, who hasn't come out of a restaurant and is waiting for their car and somebody didn't hand them their car keys,"

So it happens to all black males? What BS...

And guess what? Even with their accomplishments, there's a lot of people in this country that see them as just another nigger.

White people have NO BUSINESS claiming that black people "whine too much" when it comes to racism. You simply have no comparable frame of reference.

Yeah, Barack and Michelle just got it tough! I don't know how they make it through the day. :roll:

Μολὼν λαβέ;1064103134 said:
So that's your frame of reference? Wow...

He asked a question, I answered it.

You mean just reading the intro and not the full article (interview) got you fired up huh? wow.

Unless you're a black person, you wouldn't probably know what racist innuendos are to begin with. If you have any black friends, ask them sometime what they think about little subtle hints of racism, and how they feel it affects them.

I read the whole article bud. Did you catch the part where Young Obama felt he couldn't catch a cab because he was black?? I mean, I'm not black, so I'm not sure if this is a common feeling in the African American Community? Do they really think the mostly black and/or middle eastern cab drivers are scared of them because they are black?? How does catching a cab have anything to do with race??? I spent most of my time in Boston trying to track down Uber drivers because no cabs would stop for me!

I have a lot of black friends, currently dating a black girl, and most of them are actually pretty conservative folks. The majority of my generation just doesn't care this much about race!

I don't know why you assume I am white. To be clear I am.

Be ready, here come to the revisionist sources claiming the Irish had it bad 300 years ago.

I'm a white male who comes from extreme poverty. I started life in a whole and, just now, at age thirty-four, after a ten year career in the military, I am just now a year and a half away from a degree and "the white man's expected career path." I am fourteen years behind the curve. My expected earnings potential from a "normal" career path is extremely limited, because my age is going to be seen as a handicap when I have the industry experience needed to apply for senior management positions.

Even white men can be passed over as inferior to other white men... or anyone else. A young, articulate black woman from a family of reasonable means is going to have a much better life than I am, simply because she started farther up the ladder. My goal is to make sure my kids have every advantage possible, and that's really all I can do. That being said, a black person who starts off in poverty is going to have at least as hard a time or harder as a white person in a similar position. A woman is going to have as hard a time or harder as a man in a similar position.

What positions we are in is all relative. Gender isn't the most important qualifier. Race isn't the most important qualifier. Family wealth isn't the most important qualifier. But they do all work together to paint a picture of struggle. Undoubtedly, a black woman from a poor family faces more challenges than anyone else in this country. That being said, a white woman can easily identify with discrimination. And so can a white man, for that matter.

And this is the problem with the left's social attacks on modern enterprises and business. While they think it might be fair, equality, or this is a stretch on their part. Racism!!! The buzzwords literally make no sense in business or when dealing with the real world, and you just highlighted this perfectly!!! The grievance industry is lucky that they can claim racism whenever they want. We white men, blonde women, or rednecks and nerds, do not get shiny buzzwords attached to our failures. We are forced to learn from them! The self-pity is a huge underlying problem in the black community and it needs to stop.

In fact, I'd say the rednecks and mexicans are among the folks that experience racism the most even moreso than Blacks!

And this is the problem with the left's social attacks on modern enterprises and business. While they think it might be fair, equality, or this is a stretch on their part. Racism!!! The buzzwords literally make no sense in business or when dealing with the real world, and you just highlighted this perfectly!!! The grievance industry is lucky that they can claim racism whenever they want. We white men, blonde women, or rednecks and nerds, do not get shiny buzzwords attached to our failures. We are forced to learn from them! The self-pity is a huge underlying problem in the black community and it needs to stop.

In fact, I'd say the rednecks and mexicans are among the folks that experience racism the most even moreso than Blacks!

It's funny to watch a guy who identifies with the GOP claim that 'whites' don't get shiny buzzwords to deal with their failures: silent majority, reverse racism, affirmative action, are words that whites use regularly to explain away their own personal failures. If a white person doesn't get a job? It's the fault of affirmative action. If white producers, on a movie with mostly white people, depict whites negatively, it's "redneck humor". If a black comedian makes fun of whites, it's "reverse racism". The world of race is a lot larger than your myopic understanding of race relations.

It's funny to watch a guy who identifies with the GOP claim that 'whites' don't get shiny buzzwords to deal with their failures: silent majority, reverse racism, affirmative action, are words that whites use regularly to explain away their own personal failures. If a white person doesn't get a job? It's the fault of affirmative action. If white producers, on a movie with mostly white people, depict whites negatively, it's "redneck humor". If a black comedian makes fun of whites, it's "reverse racism". The world of race is a lot larger than your myopic understanding of race relations.

Are you serious?? While those words may be used in some circles, I don't see them that often. A few of them I have only heard rarely, and one I have never heard of ever in my life!!! George Bush never went around using those words, they might have been policy talking points for some conservative, but never an all encompassing agenda that is used as a daily excuse that brings the white men down. Now, if you were saying this from the point of view of a Native American Indian, I suppose that could be possible. But the majority of the country, isn't Native American and there isn't the view that they are "bringing the white men down." In fact in that community, it is indeed believed to be the opposite.

We only use those words in political lingo. The left and the grievance industry uses them to describe society as a whole. That in my mind isn't just wrong. It's racist!

Are you serious?? While those words may be used in some circles, I don't see them that often.

Stop right there, you've officially lost any credibility. Nobody cares about what you have seen. What has been stated is that whites do rely on these words to explain away their failures.

George Bush never went around using those words

That's because George Bush was born to a well off family, owned baseball teams and oil businesses. There is absolutely no reason for him to rely on these words. However, we're not talking about rich white people and that you're trying to conflate him with poor white folks who can regularly be heard on this forum complaining about how much better blacks have it is absolutely irrational. Get a grip on your shuffle.

We only use those words in political lingo. The left and the grievance industry uses them to describe society as a whole. That in my mind isn't just wrong. It's racist!

Umm "political lingo"? Yes, the left and the "grievance industry" use whatever words you think they use within a political context. That you feel otherwise is your problem.

1. Stop right there, you've officially lost any credibility. Nobody cares about what you have seen. What has been stated is that whites do rely on these words to explain away their failures.

2. That's because George Bush was born to a well off family, owned baseball teams and oil businesses. There is absolutely no reason for him to rely on these words. However, we're not talking about rich white people and that you're trying to conflate him with poor white folks who can regularly be heard on this forum complaining about how much better blacks have it is absolutely irrational. Get a grip on your shuffle.

1. According to who? You?? Name me, one prominent white guy that has said reverse racism is the problem for all of his failures?? In fact I can name many prominent red necks that have capitalized on the stereotype and made millions off of it. Much the same rappers do! I guess you could say that the right does bring about the silent majority crap too often, but that again relates to politics and policies only!!! Elections and voting issues can and only apply to that phrase. I can't see many instances where that could be used to describe society as a whole.

2. I don't see that too much here and if they are. Again, it's a policy and political matter!!! Don't you hear the conservatives always complaining about the black unemployment numbers? Sure, maybe a FEW misguided folks might think it would be fun to live off of food stamps and everything, but again. That's a POLICY!!!

1. According to who?

To your own posts. Your perception is irrelevant to the discussion. What matters is fact. I've never seen a koala, does that mean anything in terms of their existence? No. Neither does the fact that you've never seen anybody use those words. Get use to it.

2. I don't see that too much here and if they are. Again, it's a policy and political matter!!! Don't you hear the conservatives always complaining about the black unemployment numbers? Sure, maybe a FEW misguided folks might think it would be fun to live off of food stamps and everything, but again. That's a POLICY!!!

Your redefining of terms is not something I'm interested in. The left and "grievance industry" use these words in a political manner as much as anyone else does.

Back
Top Bottom