• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Obamas: How We Deal with Racism [W:305, 407]

There's a difference between not being identified as Mr. and Mrs. President and another thing to be assumed that you are the help. Later in the article they also claimed that what they've been through is nothing compared to past generations. What's so wrong about that?

Reading this was disgusting to me. Do these people feel their entitlement so much that when people don't know who they are, they automatically think it's racism?

The Obamas: How We Deal with Our Own Racist Experiences - Ferguson, politics, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama : People.com

Perhaps the Target customer simply saw Mrs. Obama as a tall person who was easily able to better reach an item of interest from the shelf. Assuming that racism was responsible for a request for assistance from a fellow customer is quite a stretch.

"I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new."

Reading this was disgusting to me. Do these people feel their entitlement so much that when people don't know who they are, they automatically think it's racism?

The Obamas: How We Deal with Our Own Racist Experiences - Ferguson, politics, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama : People.com

"I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new."

Is she ****ing for real? That happens to me all the time because I'm ****ing tall. And I'm white.

Her experiences with racism involved entrance into Princeton and a 6-figure salary at a hospital.

His experiences with racism involved entrance into Harvard Law School, election as Editor of the Law Review, being elected to his state's Senate, the US Senate, and then to the office of the most powerful man in the world.

These 2 whine too much for everyone's good.

Her experiences with racism involved entrance into Princeton and a 6-figure salary at a hospital.

His experiences with racism involved entrance into Harvard Law School, election as Editor of the Law Review, being elected to his state's Senate, the US Senate, and then to the office of the most powerful man in the world.

These 2 whine too much for everyone's good.

And guess what? Even with their accomplishments, there's a lot of people in this country that see them as just another nigger.

White people have NO BUSINESS claiming that black people "whine too much" when it comes to racism. You simply have no comparable frame of reference.

And guess what? Even with their accomplishments, there's a lot of people in this country that see them as just another nigger.

White people have NO BUSINESS claiming that black people "whine too much" when it comes to racism. You simply have no comparable frame of reference.

Wow, and even with my accomplishments, there's a lot of people in this country who see me as a dumb blonde who should stay home making babies.

So spare me the "I have no comparable frame of reference" bull****. And don't presume to tell me what I have "BUSINESS" to say.

I don't think it has anything to do with entitlement but how they have dealt with racial prejudice before. It's not that you automatically think it's racism, trust me you want to believe with everything that it's not, but sometimes you can't just deny that someone treated you a little different simply because you look or talk different. I look white but I can tell the difference when I walk in by myself or if I am with someone and we are speaking in Spanish. You don't think people that spout nonsense like English only or no foreigners here on this very forum can truly and always mask their inner feelings in their day to day lives and don't make someone feel like **** because they are not speaking English or are foreign? There are quite a few racists in this very forum and I could just imagine if they were in a store and someone they perceive as a 'thug' walks in or by them they are going to react based on their own stereotype of what a thug is, whether that person really is a thug or just appears to be one to them.

Also for what it's worth she wasn't talking about racism at all when she described the incident in Target, if you read it putting it into context she was describing as how someone saw her not as the first lady but a person so it wasn't about being black in that case but about being the first lady.

Wow, and even with my accomplishments, there's a lot of people in this country who see me as a dumb blonde who should stay home making babies.

So spare me the "I have no comparable frame of reference" bull****. And don't presume to tell me what I have "BUSINESS" to say.

You think being blonde gives you a comparable frame of reference to being black? Seriously?

You can't even begin to compare racial prejudice with being a blonde white woman. That's almost insulting to people like myself who have dealt with it.

The Obamas: How We Deal with Racism

"Blonde Lives Matter!"

Why do libtards ignore blonde on blonde crime?

Ok, I'm done.

You think being blonde gives you a comparable frame of reference to being black? Seriously?

That's so ridiculous I think I might have to just get out of this now. I like tres alot but that's complete bull****.

You can't even begin to compare racial prejudice with being a blonde white woman. That's almost insulting to people like myself who have dealt with it.

Oh brother. Must be nice to never have been treated as a second class citizen in the business world because you're a woman. Congratulations, AW. I envy you.

"Blonde Lives Matter!"

Why do libtards ignore blonde on blonde crime?

Ok, I'm done.

Bye! Nice observing your partisan meltdown because I made an accurate observation.

By the way, I never said a word about "blonde on blonde" crime, but your hysteria is noted.

Oh brother. Must be nice to never have been treated as a second class citizen in the business world because you're a woman. Congratulations, AW. I envy you.

If you had played the woman card rather than the blonde one, you would have been better off. Sexism is very real as well. Why downplay racism?

If you had played the woman card rather than the blonde one, you would have been better off. Sexism is very real as well. Why downplay racism?

I thought you were done?

I did play the woman card. Your usual partisanism got in the way.

Have a lovely day.

Bye! Nice observing your partisan meltdown because I made an accurate observation.

By the way, I never said a word about "blonde on blonde" crime, but your hysteria is noted.

"Partisan meltdown"? Hardly. Simply pointing out the absurdity of your statement. Love ya, but you've had better arguments.

The crime line was quite clearly a joke.

I thought you were done?

I did play the woman card. Your usual partisanism got in the way.

Have a lovely day.

I meant I was done cracking wise.

You said "blonde." While the "e" does mean female, that's not what I said.

There's no "partisanism" [sic] in pointing out that it's a poor comparison.

There are a lot of people who have a very vested interest in still clinging to the 60's.
Democrats , for example.

In order to maintain that 90+% voting bloc, blacks have to be victims and they are the saviors.

There are a lot of people who have a very vested interest in still clinging to the 60's.
Democrats , for example.

In order to maintain that 90+% voting bloc, blacks have to be victims and they are the saviors.

Shorter: "Racism doesn't exist anymore."

I meant I was done cracking wise.

You said "blonde." While the "e" does mean female, that's not what I said.

There's no "partisanism" [sic] in pointing out that it's a poor comparison.

Partisanism (sic)? Cool.

Gee Kobie, maybe my comment about people wanting me to stay home and have babies was an indication that I was talking about being a woman.

Whatever. Go on rushing to defend Michelle Obama who think everyone who asks for help in a Target is doing it because that person assumes she's still a slave. And by all means, keep ignoring that women are also still not held in the highest esteem by everyone. I know otherwise. When you're a woman, you let me know.

Partisanism (sic)? Cool.

Gee Kobie, maybe my comment about people wanting me to stay home and have babies was an indication that I was talking about being a woman.

Whatever. Go on rushing to defend Michelle Obama who think everyone who asks for help in a Target is doing it because that person assumes she's still a slave. And by all means, keep ignoring that women are also still not held in the highest esteem by everyone. I know otherwise. When you're a woman, you let me know.

In what alternate universe did I deny that sexism exists?

Better playing the 'woman card' than the 'race card' eh?

When I'm as lucky as you are and are never viewed as a second class citizen because I'm a woman, I won't play any card. I'm not so lucky.

I guess I'm just supposed to keep my mouth shut and accept it, right? Apparently. I "offended" you by mentioning that some women (not you apparently) don't always get treated the way we should. Sorry to have offended you. Next time I'll learn my place.

Back
Top Bottom