• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Myth That Obamacare Is Destroying Full-Time Jobs Just Got Debunked

That's true. Now adult children can stay on their parents insurance plan, pregnant women can't be denied insurance, lifetime caps are banned, and CEOs of health care insurance companies can't suck the profits dry anymore.

The horror, the horror!

I like that one, adult children can stay on their parents insurance plan. Adult Children, what are they Adults or Children? Yep another liberal freebie now given to Adult Children. :doh

Not only that, but ray410, with a straight face, is advocating denying stats he doesn't like (from "Obama liberals," whatever the hell those are) in favor of anecdotal evidence. The mind is boggled.

I posted a link that listed a mere 100 cases that has shown the effects of Obamacare on employment and worker's benefits that span the gamut of private businesses, medical care providers, medical device providers, education organizations, unions and State and local governments...and that's just the ones that are listed. It is certain that there are many more that were not listed.

I would hardly consider that "anecdotal".

I posted a link that listed a mere 100 cases that has shown the effects of Obamacare on employment and worker's benefits that span the gamut of private businesses, medical care providers, medical device providers, education organizations, unions and State and local governments...and that's just the ones that are listed. It is certain that there are many more that were not listed.

I would hardly consider that "anecdotal".

100 cases that are preselected by a rightwing propaganda outlet? Maybe you're right -- it's beyond anecdote, it's distortion.

I like that one, adult children can stay on their parents insurance plan. Adult Children, what are they Adults or Children? Yep another liberal freebie now given to Adult Children. :doh

You really don't understand the concept? No wonder you have nothing intelligent to say on this topic.

I have a child who's 25 years old. She's an adult and my child. Jesus man put your thinking cap on for once.

In any case, millions of adult children lost their parents' coverage when they turned 18. Not any more. Thanks to ACA. Get over it.

That's true. Now adult children can stay on their parents insurance plan, pregnant women can't be denied insurance, lifetime caps are banned, and CEOs of health care insurance companies can't suck the profits dry anymore.

The horror, the horror!

I'm glad you agree with me. Perhaps you can join me now that I've disabused poweRob of his liberal talking point. Hmmm?

Do you have anything to say to him about his statement?

The innuendo game? Projection -- you're soaking in it.

Sure, the innuendo game. You don't agree that Obama and his people have done that? That they are very good at it?

100 cases that are preselected by a rightwing propaganda outlet? Maybe you're right -- it's beyond anecdote, it's distortion.

Feel free to point out any of the 100 cases that you consider to be distorted. But, please...give facts, okay?

Because the Obama administration is untrustworthy, because businesses react to enacted laws and to possible laws, because it IS happening.

Factually, not so much.

In your dreams, does the word "naive" mean anything to you? Does the phrase "you have your head in the sand" mean anything to you.

Does something like Bush never bombed Iraq, Saddam was going to bomb himself anyway, so Bush really didn't do it... Sorry your BS does not fly. It only flies with the hard core left that nothing Obama does is wrong. Or better yet whatever Obama does is absolutely 100% right, he is never wrong.

Nothing I said is untrue.

Well, now ya' know... Didja' read the rest of the post Sarah? Comment ??

Thom Paine

Who the hell is Sarah?

Yeah I did read your post. And your comment on business numbers being delayed... what can be said about numbers that haven't come out? I've no idea what you expected to be commented on there Sally.

Did you read the link I gave? It listed 100 facts.

It came from NRO, who are usually inaccurate. I asked you why we should accept a source know to be factually challenged?

It came from NRO, who are usually inaccurate. I asked you why we should accept a source know to be factually challenged?

Okay...perhaps you can point out where they are inaccurate in their article?

Or, are you just going to dismiss their report because you believe they "are usually inaccurate"?

Feel free to point out any of the 100 cases that you consider to be distorted. But, please...give facts, okay?

Ever hear about selection bias? The NR is soaking in it.

But of course has the NR ever been right on ANY issue? Nope.

So just deny stats you don't like? That's how it works? [...]
Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner!!!

I was having an in person discussion with someone who claimed that gov't revenues have never fallen, year over year; i.e., that the gov't takes in more money every year without fail.

Surprised, I pointed out that revenues fell under Bush II, several times (recession, tax cuts, whatever).

The other person scoffed, asking me where I got that info.

I replied it was from the U.S. Treasury.

They laughed, and said you couldn't believe anything the gov't said.

ROFLMAO, true story.... right wing echo chamber, baby -- they got their own reality.

Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner!!!

I was having an in person discussion with someone who claimed that gov't revenues have never fallen, year over year; i.e., that the gov't takes in more money every year without fail.

Surprised, I pointed out that revenues fell under Bush II, several times (recession, tax cuts, whatever).

The other person scoffed, asking me where I got that info.

I replied it was from the U.S. Treasury.

They laughed, and said you couldn't believe anything the gov't said.

ROFLMAO, true story.... right wing echo chamber, baby -- they got their own reality.

Reality-based community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The source of the term is a quotation in an October 17, 2004, The New York Times Magazine article by writer Ron Suskind, quoting an unnamed aide to George W. Bush (later attributed to Karl Rove):

The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." ... "That's not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/m...96189e162076&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&_r=0

Or, are you just going to dismiss their report because you believe they "are usually inaccurate"?
Irony: not everyone's strong suit ;)

As I said in an earlier post, I'll wait for independent verification. I don't believe anything the government tells me without private sector verification.

First, I've already told companies have been dumping insurance for decades. It is very doubtful ACA has much to do with, so their exaggeration is not worth much.

Then you'll notice words like "could be" and not has actually happened. They too willing to run with any maybe they run across. This should be a sign to you of them cooking the facts so to speak.

I've played thus game before with NRO, and they just aren't worth the effort.

Wait... if you are admitting that the effects of Obamacare aren't going to have any effect until the future, why is the the GOP keeps referring to how disastrous Obamacare has been in past tense all the time?

Obamacare has had some very bad effects for some. It is just a matter of waiting for the aggregate to see if the good outpaces the bad. Public employees are going to be the ones at highest risk because state and local governments have already cut their budgets back to the bare minimums.

First, I've already told companies have been dumping insurance for decades. It is very doubtful ACA has much to do with, so their exaggeration is not worth much.

Then you'll notice words like "could be" and not has actually happened. They too willing to run with any maybe they run across. This should be a sign to you of them cooking the facts so to speak.

I've played thus game before with NRO, and they just aren't worth the effort.

Ever hear about selection bias? The NR is soaking in it.

But of course has the NR ever been right on ANY issue? Nope.

So...neither one of you can factually dispute any of the examples in their list.

I'm not surprised.

Obamacare has had some very bad effects for some. It is just a matter of waiting for the aggregate to see if the good outpaces the bad. Public employees are going to be the ones at highest risk because state and local governments have already cut their budgets back to the bare minimums.

I agree with you. It's going to take time to see the real effects. That's why I'm flabbergasted when people claim that Obamacare is destroying the country and such. You don't hear "Obamacare is GOING TO destroy the country." It's already destroying it. Hell... it's the worst thing since slavery.

Nothing I said is untrue.

It's what Obama said that is untrue, People are losing their insurance because of Obamacare and he said you could keep it. that is a flat out lie. Second he said you will save $2500 on your insurance cost over the year, another lie. He said if you want to keep your Dr. you can. Another lie.

Now you can try and change what he said all you want, but when you do you just pile on another lie. Like what he said is really not what he said. Yes he said those things and they are all lies. Period. :doh

Watch this

http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2010/03/obama-20-promises-for-2500.html

Last edited:
Well now that we've heard over a year of this bullcrap ad nauseam... the stats are finally out. And claims of Obamacare killing full time jobs are now officially debunked.

The Myth That Obamacare Is Destroying Full-Time Jobs Just Got Debunked

According to the BLS household survey, part-time jobs fell 594,000 in September while full-time workers were up 691,000.​
FYI, the "September" BLS interview was conducted during the second week in September, and the questions asked by the interviewers were phrased "during the second week in August through the first week of September ...".

Thus the "September" report is mostly about August, not September.

Back
Top Bottom