• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Final Debate

Yep. I started out with, "Dude is right." Going on memory, of course, I saw the same trend you did. But, as is often the case, what we see is not the whole iceberg.
All though i will say after trump wins the count should be considered 18-16 since he more closely resembles a governor more than a senator

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yep. I started out with, "Dude is right." Going on memory, of course, I saw the same trend you did. But, as is often the case, what we see is not the whole iceberg.
Another thought about this i would be curious to know how many of those senators were generals first b3vause thats the other job i have always heard people perferr a potus has held first

All though i will say after trump wins the count should be considered 18-16 since he more closely resembles a governor more than a senator

As a Reality TV star?

The only governor Trump resembles is the con-man Rod Blagojevich

Another thought about this i would be curious to know how many of those senators were generals first b3vause thats the other job i have always heard people perferr a potus has held first

In our history that mattered a lot. More recently, far less so. The last general to become president that I remember is Ike, who I believe was not a senator.

Let's see.

https://periodicpresidents.com/2014/10/15/which-presidents-were-generals/

Surprisingly, only 12 generals became president, total. I'm not sure how many of those were Senators. I'd have to look closer.

Edit: Looks like only three presidents who were originally generals were also senators: Pierce, Johnson and the most recent of the two Harrisons.

Last edited:

Being a business executive is not like being a governor. There is a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this observation about the debate and the ensuing al smith dinner is worth the watch:

Nothing but the recent historical trend of electing govenors

Governors, not business leaders. There is no evidence that being a business leader is more qualification than being a Senator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom