• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz: 'Majority of Violent Criminals Are Democrats'

Ted Cruz told APNews recently that it's in the US's national security interest to leave Assad in power, and that we should never have removed Hussein, Mubarak and Gaddafi. ;)

You disagree?

McCarthy has been largely vindicated by historical record. There were lots of marxists around back then, as there are now.

They are right to fear Cruz. I would if I was a leftist.

McCarthyism remains a catch all phrase for people being absolutely deranged authoritarians. His name became synonymous with punishing people for their political beliefs whether they had them or not. Seriously, do you just think you can get away with saying stuff like this and nobody will notice? What reputable historian has vindicated McCarthy?

McCarthyism remains a catch all phrase for people being absolutely deranged authoritarians. His name became synonymous with punishing people for their political beliefs whether they had them or not. Seriously, do you just think you can get away with saying stuff like this and nobody will notice? What reputable historian has vindicated McCarthy?

Ann Coulter!

Ann Coulter!

Glenn Beck? I never know who these historians vindicating the most horrible figures from Conservatism are. McCarthy vindicated? The man has become the shinning standard by which Americans judge whether they're being discriminated against politically or not. You really need to be on drugs to seriously propose that the man has been vindicated. That's why I'm hoping it's all a joke. By whom? Who are these modern politicians, historians, political scientists, jurists, etc who have vindicated his views?

Glenn Beck? I never know who these historians vindicating the most horrible figures from Conservatism are. McCarthy vindicated? The man has become the shinning standard by which Americans judge whether they're being discriminated against politically or not. You really need to be on drugs to seriously propose that the man has been vindicated. That's why I'm hoping it's all a joke. By whom? Who are these modern politicians, historians, political scientists, jurists, etc who have vindicated his views?

Ted Cruz! QED

Not the first time on this board that comments of this nature have raised their ugly heads with such claptrap.

Lefties have spent decades painting him as such. But factual evidence finds he was right.

Lets be honest, the left are the authoritarians, including commies.

Your spin does not hold up to the historical record.

Lefties have spent decades painting him as such. But factual evidence finds he was right.

So your contention is that the Red Scare was nothing more than a fight within the Democratic party? With Republicans standing off to the side reading the Bible?

This ought to be good.

Start a thread with all the evidence.

2nd post, still not showing who he's been vindicated by. I'm starting to doubt your ability to back up what you say.

Syria's no threat to to US security. Ted's right about Hussein too. Russia is preventing this one anyway.

The San Bernardino murderer was able to pass the background check when she came from Saudi Arabia to live here. But I'm sure we will know far more about the backgrounds of all those tens of thousands of Syrians this president wants to let come here. Why, who could even imagine that a single one of those people will be an Islamic jihadist bent on killing Americans?

2nd post, still not showing who he's been vindicated by. I'm starting to doubt your ability to back up what you say.

He's conservative, he doesn't have to. If you disagree, you're intolerant.

He's conservative, he doesn't have to. If you disagree, you're intolerant.

He's not being serious and he knows it. It's why he acts so snarky.

The San Bernardino murderer was able to pass the background check when she came from Saudi Arabia to live here. But I'm sure we will know far more about the backgrounds of all those tens of thousands of Syrians this president wants to let come here. Why, who could even imagine that a single one of those people will be an Islamic jihadist bent on killing Americans?

I can say that where I live we have many Somalian refugees. I'm hard pressed to think of a terrorist attack here.

He's not being serious and he knows it. It's why he acts so snarky.

He's never serious. It's all just an excuse to say "Liberals Bad! Hulk Smash!"

No need, I've read about it extensively and know the facts-and no facts will convince you otherwise.

Said another way, educating you isn't worth the time.

I don't need evidence! I'm a con!

Obama isn't releasing her immigration records.

Wonder what thats about?

About the San Bernardino Shooter's 'Fiance' Visa That Allowed Her in US - ABC News

He's never serious. It's all just an excuse to say "Liberals Bad! Hulk Smash!"

Now, now, maybe he has something he wants to put up? I can't wait until the eventual revelation from some obscure far right wacko.

It could be done; it's just a lot of work. You can go back through the Congressional Record, then research the post-1957 activities of the people who were named. The press won't do that because it doesn't fit their template.

No need, I've read about it extensively and know the facts-and no facts will convince you otherwise.

Said another way, educating you isn't worth the time.

Oh I do like facts.
You made the claim, show me the beef.
And you would be a light or beacon of truth for the rest of the unbelievers.
Or
Ya got nothing.

It could be done; it's just a lot of work. You can go back through the Congressional Record, then research the post-1957 activities of the people who were named. The press won't do that because it doesn't fit their template.

It could certainly be done, with a few minutes on google and a few hours of reading.

If I believed they wanted a discussion in good faith, I would kindly lead them to water.

I can have meaningful discussions with libertarians, etc-but with leftists its exceedingly rare.

They reach conclusions first, facts are optional-only when they can bolster their points, never when they dont.

So I know when to keep my powder dry. This is one of those times.

Oh I do like facts.
You made the claim, show me the beef.
And you would be a light or beacon of truth for the rest of the unbelievers.
Or
Ya got nothing.

That's all well and good, but regurgitating published material isn't necessarily factual. For example, I got tired of people bleating on about Cuba's wonderful healthcare system. I went and looked for myself and saw that it looks like something from the 1800s. People go on-and-on how great the "quality of life" is in Canada. Well, I guess it is if you get an American paycheck, otherwise not so much. However it's very difficult (but not impossible) to get paid in greenbacks and spend loonies. I'm speaking of being classified as a US employee of a US company, performing services in Canada.

Last edited:

I'm not interested in goose chases that would have already happened if history had vindicated the man. Who are these people who vindicated him? Where was it publicized? By whom?

Back
Top Bottom