• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Speak Arabic, get kicked off your flight [W:153]

Which requires that he did in fact reference ISIS in Arabic. In what sense he was referencing it would have been unknown to the concerned passenger.

Really? So you think Isil/ISIS is recognizable for non Arabic speaking people when it is spoken in Arabic?

Intentional ignorance of the San Bernardino shooter noted.

Rizwan Farook was a Sunni Muslim.

And 2 different eye witnesses described 3 athletic men as the shooters. One of those witnesses told that to CBS News and Scott Pelley, but he was so dissonant that it blew his mind on the TV and he utterly disregarded that testimony, because "the authorities had told him it was a man and his wife".

Don't tell me Maus, I already know what you'll say--you will call the lady with that information a liar. You are so predictable.

What are you talking about? They were Muslims.

2 different eye witnesses described the shooters as 3 athletic looking males in military garb. CBS really screwed up and interviewed one of those witnesses on TV. Months later, that interview has probably been scrubbed from memory.

The other eye witness described them the same way to a reporter for Infowars.

Really? So you think Isil/ISIS is recognizable for non Arabic speaking people when it is spoken in Arabic?

Apparently it was to the passenger.

2 different eye witnesses described the shooters as 3 athletic looking males in military garb. CBS really screwed up and interviewed one of those witnesses on TV. Months later, that interview has probably been scrubbed from memory.

The other eye witness described them the same way to a reporter for Infowars.

Credibility issue with Infowars for a lot of people. Remember Mike Browns witnesses lied. And on top of that the two Muslims were caught and killed.

Your argument is ridiculous.

He was not talking to the passenger, he was talking on the phone.

Really? I had no idea! Thanks for letting me know this piece of obscure information.

"He told his uncle about the chicken dinner they were served and the moment when he got to stand up and ask the secretary general a question about the Islamic State"

Exactly.

He told his uncle about the chicken dinner they were served and the moment when he got to stand up and ask the secretary general a question about the Islamic Stat

Still doesn't qualify as "talking about ISIS." As others have already taken you to school over.

Still doesn't qualify as "talking about ISIS." As others have already taken you to school over.

"He told his uncle about the chicken dinner they were served and the moment when he got to stand up and ask the secretary general a question about the Islamic State"

And 2 different eye witnesses described 3 athletic men as the shooters. One of those witnesses told that to CBS News and Scott Pelley, but he was so dissonant that it blew his mind on the TV and he utterly disregarded that testimony, because "the authorities had told him it was a man and his wife".

Don't tell me Maus, I already know what you'll say--you will call the lady with that information a liar. You are so predictable.

Intentional ignorance for the findings of the investigation into the San Bernardino shooting....

Typical CT mentality.

Apparently it was to the passenger.
He was not talking to the passenger, he was talking on the phone.
Oy Vey!
How is it that you do not understand what is being referenced is what the passenger thought they heard?

Southwest Airlines has released a statement ... It says the passenger who reported Makhzoomi for making comments in Arabic that were “perceived to be threatening” during a phone conversation with his uncle in Baghdad was also an Arabic-speaker.

[...]

Since the beginning, it’s been suggested that a linguistic misunderstanding was to blame. In the first report of the incident, Makhzoomi told the The Daily Californian that, after being taken off the plane, “[h]e learned the passenger thought she had heard the word ‘Shahid,’ meaning martyr, which is associated with jihad and has been associated with terrorists.”

[...]

Southwest has an explanation for why it kicked an Arabic-speaker off its plane

Yeah, but this happened in California. You'll have a better chance of sighting a yeti in California than finding a Republican, let alone a Donald supporter.

Go to Orange County and other Republican hot beds and you will sing a different tune...

Go to Orange County and other Republican hot beds and you will sing a different tune...

Out of 120 state legislators, 42 are Republicans. So at least from the perspective of state government, Orange County and other Republican "hot beds" are irrelevant.

So a Muslim was talking about ISIS in Arabic, on board a plane, with his uncle from Baghdad? And that aroused suspicions?
The level of stupidity and ignorance in that statement while staggering is not surprising.

So much for "if you see something, say something", remember the neighbors said nothing because of people like you judging them in San Bernadino.

It is sad that you call concern paranoia.

I'd say you're getting the country you deserve.

Canada is no example of anything but capitulation to progressive manipulation.

Progressive manipulation?

Thanks for the giggles. I mean, everything you post with that colour looks a little silly but now and then you hit it out of the park.

The article said he was talking about ISIS.

Please cite the portion of the article that said he was talking about ISIS.

LOL, we know that ain't happening 'cause it ain't true. But typical of haters you make up lies to create more fear.

Let's see where that article actually SAID he was speaking Arabic. The rubber meets the road, time to put up

Please cite the portion of the article that said he was talking about ISIS.

LOL, we know that ain't happening 'cause it ain't true. But typical of haters you make up lies to create more fear.

Let's see where that article actually SAID he was speaking Arabic. The rubber meets the road, time to put up

He told his uncle about the chicken dinner they were served and the moment when he got to stand up and ask the secretary general a question about the Islamic State

Canada is no example of anything but capitulation to progressive manipulation.

Wow! You're an expert on everything! You even know what too place in the Arab man's exchange with his grandfather, Why anyone would to talk to fellow terrorists in public is frankly below us lower intelligence than you, so can you explain the strategy there?

Second, please elaborate about Canada. When and where did this, what did you invent? "progressive manipulation" take place? Was it in the 1970's when Canada set the standard for sustainable unemployment insurance? Or when we brought in universal health care, the single most popular act of any government in history? Or has it happened because we have watched you guy **** up everything in your path, including the laughable ACA.

With your vast knowledge and expertise you can probably define who it was did all the manipulating, and when it occurred. For curiosity reasons I would like to know how you became such an expert on Canadian affairs. There is a likely job in this, the Conservative Party of Canada is in need of an experience political operative.

In the meantime, I can assure you that comedy, our largest export product will be in greater and greater demand as the next president you get is assured to be either a raving moron child boy, or a corrupt hag whose likely facing criminal charges. The next four years are going to be an outright hoot of a party watching you play war with total morons in charge.

But when those medical bills rise to the point of impossibility, don't complain. It would be "progressive manipulation"...and don't come here. We have enough fiction writers

Last edited:
Progressive manipulation?

Thanks for the giggles. I mean, everything you post with that colour looks a little silly but now and then you hit it out of the park.

Look at your PM. Enough said.

Back
Top Bottom