• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Speak Arabic, get kicked off your flight [W:153]

Only if you're totaly paranoid and all Arabic conversations are terrorist related...which seems to be the case with the American right wing.

We have no way of knowing whether or not the woman who reported him actually spoke Arabic and heard something which was deliberately provocative.

Again, all we have is the word of the "accused" to go on.

As I was suggesting, you can read anything you want in to the story, and clearly you've imagined that a whole lot went on that we have no evidence for.

But for my part I'm not going to waste a whole bunch of energy being outraged, and running around screaming that "the terror winz!!!!" based on only half the story (if that).

So much for "if you see something, say something", remember the neighbors said nothing because of people like you judging them in San Bernadino.

It is sad that you call concern paranoia.

That whole post is disgusting to me. Spying on neighbors is what the Nazi's did.

But look at the result of this "concern"....a man gets kicked off a plane, headlines are made, there will likely be a lawsuit and America is again revealed to Arabophobic....even speaking it is frightening enough that a man gets reported and kicked off a plane.

If that's what you call "freedom" you should be sad. When "concern" results in all that, it is beyond concern and definitely paranoia. I hope this kid sues her ass off while taking the airline for a bundle.

We have no way of knowing whether or not the woman who reported him actually spoke Arabic and heard something which was deliberately provocative.

Again, all we have is the word of the "accused" to go on.

As I was suggesting, you can read anything you want in to the story, and clearly you've imagined that a whole lot went on that we have no evidence for.

But for my part I'm not going to waste a whole bunch of energy being outraged, and running around screaming that "the terror winz!!!!" based on only half the story (if that).

I have no idea why you think I am in any way interested in what you are going to do? If you have a point of contention make it, if you can prove she spoke Arabic, prove it, but save the personal diary OK?

I say she did not speak Arabic, it is up to you to prove otherwise.

Oh my , you said Muslims, and use a word from "them". So, are you a closet terrorist, how is it that you just happen to know the meaning of terrorist languages? Please remain right where you are, the brown shirts come by shortly to assist you with your "issue". Have a Wonderful Day:mrgreen:

Well then I guess I shouldn't mention that I've eaten halal and have actually had dinner in a Muslim home. Also got rip roaring drunk with a Muslim dude once and......eh better to not go there. :)

That whole post is disgusting to me. Spying on neighbors is what the Nazi's did.

But look at the result of this "concern"....a man gets kicked off a plane, headlines are made, there will likely be a lawsuit and America is again revealed to Arabophobic....even speaking it is frightening enough that a man gets reported and kicked off a plane.

If that's what you call "freedom" you should be sad. When "concern" results in all that, it is beyond concern and definitely paranoia. I hope this kid sues her ass off while taking the airline for a bundle.

This is all the fault of the whole "if you see something; say something" and "there are seven million pairs of eyes in NYC and we're counting on every one." nonsense. People who actually do security for living counter that crap with "if you ask amateurs to do security you get amateurish security." Every day it seems they are more and more right.

He's not gonna sue? If I was him I sure as hell would. Rake them over the coals and get a gazillion bucks so you dont have to work again.

People often say they won't and just want the ordeal to be over. Once the ambulance chasers talk to him though, it will be a quick and dirty closed door settlement.

Well then I guess I shouldn't mention that I've eaten halal and have actually had dinner in a Muslim home. Also got rip roaring drunk with a Muslim dude once and......eh better to not go there. :)

You are in SO much trouble, we are gonna miss ya.

I say she did not speak Arabic, it is up to you to prove otherwise.

So lemme get this straight, it's up to you to make claims based solely upon what you imagine happened, absent any evidence substantiating your claims, and then it falls to me to prove that your imagination is wrong?

You have to understand that in the real world your imagination has absolutely no evidentiary value.

You do realize that, right?

So:

I say she did not speak Arabic...

Who gives a flying **** what "you say"?

What "you say" and a $1.50 will get me a cup of coffee.

Take what "you say" and support it with some evidence and we've got ourselves a conversation.

Until then what "you say" is worth exactly what I paid for it.

LOL

Give a knucklehead access to the Internet and all of a sudden he actually thinks that what "he says" has some real value.

This is all the fault of the whole "if you see something; say something" and "there are seven million pairs of eyes in NYC and we're counting on every one." nonsense. People who actually do security for living counter that crap with "if you ask amateurs to do security you get amateurish security." Every day it seems they are more and more right.

It reminds me of my studies about Nazi Germany and how they had neighbors reporting neighbors. A LOT of mistakes were made there, thousands died because someone had a resentment against them.

To me it is simple and deliberately caused paranoia.

What amazes me is that so many people have so little faith in their own security systems

So lemme get this straight, it's up to you to make claims based solely upon what you imagine happened, absent any evidence substantiating your claims, and then it falls to me to prove that your imagination is wrong?

You have to understand that in the real world your imagination has absolutely no evidentiary value.

You do realize that, right?

So:

Who gives a flying **** what "you say"?

What "you say" and a $1.50 will get me a cup of coffee.

Take what "you say" and support it with some evidence and we've got ourselves a conversation.

Until then what "you say" is worth exactly what I paid for it.

LOL

Give a knucklehead access to the Internet and all of a sudden he actually thinks that what "he says" has some real value.

Wow, that's some anger.

To the bold ...obviously you do, you keep responding with mythological tales.

Good-bye.

Why don't you stop with the phobic crap? It is not an unreal fear. If some people are concerned that is their business and stories like this discourage behavior that could save a lot of lives.

But hey, as long as the world loves us, get over it. They don't, and it is respect we need not love.

They are speaking of conversion, you know, just like Christianity, convert the world, do not associate with those that do not since they are not of the blood.

No. They are not. They are talking about submission.
Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (9:29 Jizya is the money that non-Muslims must pay to their Muslim overlords in a pure Islamic state.)

Is the Quran Hate Propaganda?

Inshallah is a common way for Muslims to end conversations. So what?

How many non Muslims know that? With the hype in the media regarding phrases used by terrorists wouldn't you expect Muslims to be sensitive to non Muslims, especial when flying?

I am not paranoid about Muslims. As I stated SWA and other passengers over reacted. Yet KM bares some responsibility.

Why don't you stop with the phobic crap? It is not an unreal fear. If some people are concerned that is their business and stories like this discourage behavior that could save a lot of lives.

But hey, as long as the world loves us, get over it. They don't, and it is respect we need not love.

Because you say so?

Sorry, but it's paranoia. For **** sakes man, you detain and kick of a plane then detain and search someone for the crime of speaking a foreign language. That's a police state in my book./

And for the record, the US is NOT respected. I've traveled much of the world and you may be feared, but there is no respect because of the hypocrisy of your claim to democracy.

Get used to it, you're a paranoid society that throws out the constitution the second someone utters "potentially" dangerous words.

Because you say so?

Sorry, but it's paranoia. For **** sakes man, you detain and kick of a plane then detain and search someone for the crime of speaking a foreign language. That's a police state in my book./

And for the record, the US is NOT respected. I've traveled much of the world and you may be feared, but there is no respect because of the hypocrisy of your claim to democracy.

Get used to it, you're a paranoid society that throws out the constitution the second someone utters "potentially" dangerous words.

Because you say so?

See there ya go, just submit and all will be fine. All religions speak of submission and demonize those that do not, they do not want to kill they want more members.

Better get those skirts to the dry cleaners.

Because you say so?

Ok this thread discussion has officially run full course when we get to the "Because you say so" and the reply is Because You say so"
Have fun with this nonsense, get those skirts in the dryer?

How many non Muslims know that? With the hype in the media regarding phrases used by terrorists wouldn't you expect Muslims to be sensitive to non Muslims, especial when flying?

I am not paranoid about Muslims. As I stated SWA and other passengers over reacted. Yet KM bares some responsibility.

I see your point regarding non Muslims / non Arabic speakers not knowing what "inshallah" means or that it's a commonplace term that has nothing to do with terrorism.

I'd simply counter your question by asking you how'd you'd react if the shoe was on the other and a common term you use daily in an almost reflexive manner became associated with terrorism. Would you self censor? Could you, especially if it's something you say often enough that you don't even think about it?

I see your point regarding non Muslims / non Arabic speakers not knowing what "inshallah" means or that it's a commonplace term that has nothing to do with terrorism.

I'd simply counter your question by asking you how'd you'd react if the shoe was on the other and a common term you use daily in an almost reflexive manner became associated with terrorism. Would you self censor? Could you, especially if it's something you say often enough that you don't even think about it?

Depending on my surroundings I would watch what I say. For example, in a bar I might say the phrase. On a plane or transportation place, I doubt I would use it.

Some people are just too sensitive (that is on both sides of the issue).

Wrong.

Show where he said that in the article.

"He told his uncle about the chicken dinner they were served and the moment when he got to stand up and ask the secretary general a question about the Islamic State"

The article said he was speaking to his uncle about "an event he attended that included a speech by United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon." He says he spoke about the food and about the fact that he asked the Secretary General a question about ISIS.
Exactly.

He told his uncle about the chicken dinner they were served and the moment when he got to stand up and ask the secretary general a question about the Islamic Stat

Ok this thread discussion has officially run full course when we get to the "Because you say so" and the reply is Because You say so"
Have fun with this nonsense,get those skirts in the dryer?

You don't know what dry cleaning is? I see.

Back
Top Bottom