• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Severe and extreme weather every night on nightly news

Get over it. The AGW scientist are admitting the earth has not warmed and are desperately trying to come up with an explanation.

"The biggest mystery in climate science today may have begun, unbeknownst to anybody at the time, with a subtle weakening of the tropical trade winds blowing across the Pacific Ocean in late 1997. These winds normally push sun-baked water towards Indonesia. When they slackened, the warm water sloshed back towards South America, resulting in a spectacular example of a phenomenon known as El Niño. Average global temperatures hit a record high in 1998 — and then the warming stalled."

"For several years, scientists wrote off the stall as noise in the climate system: the natural variations in the atmosphere, oceans and biosphere that drive warm or cool spells around the globe. But the pause has persisted, sparking a minor crisis of confidence in the field. Although there have been jumps and dips, average atmospheric temperatures have risen little since 1998, in seeming defiance of projections of climate models and the ever-increasing emissions of greenhouse gases. Climate sceptics have seized on the temperature trends as evidence that global warming has ground to a halt. Climate scientists, meanwhile, know that heat must still be building up somewhere in the climate system, but they have struggled to explain where it is going, if not into the atmosphere. Some have begun to wonder whether there is something amiss in their models."

Climate change: The case of the missing heat : Nature News & Comment

I think you don't understand the article.

That's OK. Science is hard. Especially for people who don't really want to understand.

The issue is why hasn't it warmed MORE than it has- because clearly the heat has to be going somewhere. The likely possibilities are Oceans, although I have read that the massive energy required to change ice to a water state may have been underestimated because we are losing more ice than we are able to measure.

So are you saying they are still calling it global warming and not climate change?

You do realize that "global warming" and "climate change" are separate terms that mean two different things, and both have been used for decades, right?

Meh, who am I kidding. You probably didn't.

You do realize that "global warming" and "climate change" are separate terms that mean two different things, and both have been used for decades, right?

Meh, who am I kidding. You probably didn't.

Calling a black man a nigger and calling a black man lazy are two different terms and mean two different things but they are part of the same absurd mind set .

No, we're saying that it's ALWAYS happened. It warms, it cools, it warms, it cools.

Liberals think history began the day they were born. LOL

Ya know what? I was getting all lined up for a discussion and then you came out with,' Liberals think history began the day they were born. LOL'
Right there, you pointed to yourself saying this twerp isn't worth the trouble.

As of late no but I do agree that earth has been warming since the last ice age and will continue to warm until we start going into the next ice age. That is the normal cycle for this beautiful blue planet.

300px-2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.jpg

It's not that simple. It isn't just a cycle between ice ages.

Climate Change: Key Indicators

NASA is a primary source- they gather and interpret data. Do with this what you will.

I think you don't understand the article.

That's OK. Science is hard. Especially for people who don't really want to understand.

The issue is why hasn't it warmed MORE than it has- because clearly the heat has to be going somewhere. The likely possibilities are Oceans, although I have read that the massive energy required to change ice to a water state may have been underestimated because we are losing more ice than we are able to measure.

The point I was making by posting the article and the point you are desperately trying to dodge is that there has been no warming for nearly two decades and the so called scientist that have invested their entire careers into this dogma are scrambling to explain why .No warming in 17 years, that is fact and you need to face it.

The point I was making by posting the article and the point you are desperately trying to dodge is that there has been no warming for nearly two decades and the so called scientist that have invested their entire careers into this dogma are scrambling to explain why .No warming in 17 years, that is fact and you need to face it.

I can explain it to you, but I can't learn it for you.

Ya know what? I was getting all lined up for a discussion and then you came out with,' Liberals think history began the day they were born. LOL'
Right there, you pointed to yourself saying this twerp isn't worth the trouble.

It's not worth the trouble because liberals apparently just learned the concepts of winter and summer. There's nothing going on that hasn't been for tens of thousands of years.

I can explain it to you, but I can't learn it for you.

This condescending new mantra of you man-made warmers is cute and all, but it doesn't change the fact that your hopeful theory is falling apart around you, and that the support for it is as well. Sooner or later, people see through bull**** when they hear it.

"Science" is a word. "Scientists" understand some science very well, while other science almost not at all. Weather and climate are subjects that today's scientists are woefully inept at understanding. In the course of working on it, they've discovered that they have a very willing political party willing to shower them with untold billions of dollars if they "discover" things just the right way.

The earth warms and cools. The oceans cycle warm and cold water. Weather and climate are affected accordingly. You have mild and harsh summers and winters. It's been this way forever in the existence of man. Of course, there's no money in that reality.

This condescending new mantra of you man-made warmers is cute and all, but it doesn't change the fact that your hopeful theory is falling apart around you, and that the support for it is as well. Sooner or later, people see through bull**** when they hear it.

"Science" is a word. "Scientists" understand some science very well, while other science almost not at all. Weather and climate are subjects that today's scientists are woefully inept at understanding. In the course of working on it, they've discovered that they have a very willing political party willing to shower them with untold billions of dollars if they "discover" things just the right way.

The earth warms and cools. The oceans cycle warm and cold water. Weather and climate are affected accordingly. You have mild and harsh summers and winters. It's been this way forever in the existence of man. Of course, there's no money in that reality.

But there is money in denying the findings of every scientific organization on Earth and substituting wishful thinking and the rantings of bloggers and pundits.

Are you saying that global warming isn't happening?

Hmm, that question is tough to answer. Right now, there is a pause .
Is it just temporary? The AGW theorists would say most definitely, but then again, none of the leading proponents of said theory said there was going to be this long of a pause.

But there is money in denying the findings of every scientific organization on Earth and substituting wishful thinking and the rantings of bloggers and pundits.

True. People can generate money out of thin air these days. Just look at Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.

Every year is the warmest year on record while also Global warming has been stalled for two decades. SOunds like somebody bought some defective Chinese thermometers. It is just a matter of who.

LOL. The giant conspiracy is afloat and TV news is leading it.

Start with the science, don't pretend that TV newscasts begging for ratings are some sort of brainwashing exercise.

Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Consensus

Is that the same NASA that just a few weeks ago put out a press release proclaiming 2014 was the hottest year on record, and then a few days later let us know that they forgot to tell everyone that it was only by 0.02 degrees and there was only a 36% chance they were right in the first place?

Is that who you've just linked to?

Is that the same NASA that just a few weeks ago put out a press release proclaiming 2014 was the hottest year on record, and then a few days later let us know that they forgot to tell everyone that it was only by 0.02 degrees and there was only a 36% chance they were right in the first place?

Is that who you've just linked to?

could be.
and your 36% figure, where did that come from?

I watch the network news just to see for myself how the masses are being brainwashed and have noticed that every night now on every network there is a "severe" or "extreme" weather story. Any coincidence that the AGW crowd now calls global warming extreme or severe weather? Watch and notice this for yourselves and you will realize how your mind is being manipulated to buy into the AGW hoax.

Heavy Rains Flood Season With Extreme Weather - NBC News
"Heavy Rains Flood Season With Extreme Weather"

Extreme Weather News, Photos and Videos - ABC News
"Extreme Weather News"
Severe
Weather Battering Holiday Plans
Record rainfall puts a damper on the start of the college football season.

Watch NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: Severe Weather System Moves Across US Online | Hulu
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams
"Severe Weather System Moves Across US"

Politics News, Headlines and Video - CBS News
By/Rebecca Kaplan/CBS News/February 12, 2014, 5:49 PM

"Extreme weather in U.S. comes with a high price tag"

The truth is, the weather is getting more and more extreme, so that's national news for our interests. Its not brainwashing dude: it's a fact.

From NASA a few days after their press release.

You mean here?

Though NASA and NOAA have agreed that 2014 was the warmest year since the Industrial Revolution, they used different methods for data collection. Researchers at GISS combined data from 6,300 weather stations to get land temperatures, while ocean temps were retrieved via ships, buoys, and from the Antarctic. NOAA’s conclusion also came from data collected by ships and buoys, though it made use of satellite and radar data as well.

or a blogger telling us what he said that they said?

OH. So, it was the latter. Good to know.

Their press release mentioned nothing about that chart... It also didn't mention that the margin of error for their conclusions was 5 times greater than the margin that the record was supportively broken.

If that isn't deception, then I don't know what is.

You mean the theory that progressively is getting stronger as more data come in?

Or do you mean the imaginary theory that you and the right wing media have?

Congratulations for understanding seasons. I bet it will blow your mind to know that right now, it's actually summer in the Southern Hemisphere. Swear to God.

You mean the theory that progressively is getting stronger as more data come in?

Or do you mean the imaginary theory that you and the right wing media have?

Congratulations for understanding seasons. I bet it will blow your mind to know that right now, it's actually summer in the Southern Hemisphere. Swear to God.

Twenty years from now, you'll never admit to have ever believed in any of this.

Twenty years from now, you'll never admit to have ever believed in any of this.

I see your predictive ability is even worse than your scientific comprehension.

It's my preposition that the Southern Hemisphere is actually experiencing summer right now that threw you, huh?

Back
Top Bottom