• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Severe and extreme weather every night on nightly news

lifeisshort

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I watch the network news just to see for myself how the masses are being brainwashed and have noticed that every night now on every network there is a "severe" or "extreme" weather story. Any coincidence that the AGW crowd now calls global warming extreme or severe weather? Watch and notice this for yourselves and you will realize how your mind is being manipulated to buy into the AGW hoax.

Heavy Rains Flood Season With Extreme Weather - NBC News
"Heavy Rains Flood Season With Extreme Weather"

Extreme Weather News, Photos and Videos - ABC News
"Extreme Weather News"
Severe
Weather Battering Holiday Plans
Record rainfall puts a damper on the start of the college football season.

Watch NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: Severe Weather System Moves Across US Online | Hulu
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams
"Severe Weather System Moves Across US"

Politics News, Headlines and Video - CBS News
By/Rebecca Kaplan/CBS News/February 12, 2014, 5:49 PM

"Extreme weather in U.S. comes with a high price tag"

It's extremely pretty here right now. It's supposed to devolve into something less than extremely pretty later on. I'll check back by to give the horrific details later, after football, concussions, and domestic abuse charges.

LOL. The giant conspiracy is afloat and TV news is leading it.

Start with the science, don't pretend that TV newscasts begging for ratings are some sort of brainwashing exercise.

Climate Change: Consensus

Austin TX had it's lowest max. high temperature or a summer day this last week. It was in the lower 90s two days from then.

You can call it what you want but, don't get too comfortable because it's gonna change.

Austin TX had it's lowest max. high temperature or a summer day this last week. It was in the lower 90s two days from then.

You can call it what you want but, don't get too comfortable because it's gonna change.

I call it weather. Local weather.

But its not global, and its not long term climate. Scientists understand that. You should listen to them. Theyve got a darn good track record.

I call it weather. Local weather.

But its not global, and its not long term climate.
Scientists understand that. You should listen to them. Theyve got a darn good track record.

And yet the nightly news calls every local event extreme or severe. There has always been fires, floods, tornadoes and droughts but now that is extreme or severe.:lol:

And yet the nightly news calls every local event extreme or severe. There has always been fires, floods, tornadoes and droughts but now that is extreme or severe.:lol:

Right. Because when they go to commercial break, if they said "and next, we'll report on the ordinary storm coming tomorrow", you probably wouldnt get a lot of people watching. The manipulation isnt to get you to believe in AGW (as if its a matter of belief and not fact, anyway), its to get you to watch their commercials and increase their ratings.

So, now even the weather channel has a liberal bias.
Look here, the dang liberals are telling us that there's a hurricane coming! We can't believe any of that drivel, no siree! I'm staying right here on the beach no matter what those silly liberals say. Hurricane inde.... Whoosh!

There is always extreme weather somewhere, all the time. This is not new. When the major networks are reporting on extreme weather, it's usually because of one of two things, either they don't have enough blood or scandal to fill the A, B and C blocks of the broadcast, or they have some sexy cool looking video of extreme weather that has also effected a large amount of people, making it news worthy to them.

It has nothing to do, IMHO, with their position on AGW. It has everything to do with selling advertising and filling their broadcast with stories that will keep viewers from changing the channel.

There is always extreme weather somewhere, all the time. This is not new. When the major networks are reporting on extreme weather, it's usually because of one of two things, either they don't have enough blood or scandal to fill the A, B and C blocks of the broadcast, or they have some sexy cool looking video of extreme weather that has also effected a large amount of people, making it news worthy to them.

It has nothing to do, IMHO, with their position on AGW. It has everything to do with selling advertising and filling their broadcast with stories that will keep viewers from changing the channel.
You hit the nail squarely on it's head Beau, that's what the news today is all about. ADVERTISING.

Right. Because when they go to commercial break, if they said "and next, we'll report on the ordinary storm coming tomorrow", you probably wouldnt get a lot of people watching. The manipulation isnt to get you to believe in AGW (as if its a matter of belief and not fact, anyway), its to get you to watch their commercials and increase their ratings.
It is to get you thinking "right ". It is to constantly repeat focused grouped words and manipulate your mind."repeat it often enough and they will believe it". Every weather event no matter how normal is now labeled extreme or severe and there seems to be a weather event reported on every day.this just did not happen before the big push to prop up and save the constantly failing AGW theory

It is to get you thinking "right ". It is to constantly repeat focused grouped words and manipulate your mind."repeat it often enough and they will believe it". Every weather event no matter how normal is now labeled extreme or severe and there seems to be a weather event reported on every day.this just did not happen before the big push to prop up and save the constantly failing AGW theory

1) no. its a ratings ploy. Thats what TV news does. Its not real hard to understand.

2) AGW theory is only failing on your conservative news channel outlets, who are grabbing for ratings by telling you what you want to hear. The people who study this are about as close to unanimous as science gets that AGW is real and its going to be a problem.

Well you've certainly outlined your case for those points in a well referenced, logical manner.

My goal here is not to change the minds of true believers like you, it is o maybe wake a few people up on how the liberal media try's to get you to think a certain way on this and many other subjects. Maybe tonight when they watch the news and see the extreme weather report a light bulb will go off.

So, now even the weather channel has a liberal bias.
Look here, the dang liberals are telling us that there's a hurricane coming! We can't believe any of that drivel, no siree! I'm staying right here on the beach no matter what those silly liberals say. Hurricane inde.... Whoosh!

The WC is owned by NBC...of course they are biased.

They're some of the biggest gloom and doomers out there.

And when did it become important for them to have regular news on there?

1) no. its a ratings ploy. Thats what TV news does. Its not real hard to understand.

2) AGW theory is only failing on your conservative news channel outlets, who are grabbing for ratings by telling you what you want to hear. The people who study this are about as close to unanimous as science gets that AGW is real and its going to be a problem.
When is that problem gong to arise.? After the next Ice Age?

The WC is owned by NBC...of course they are biased.

They're some of the biggest gloom and doomers out there.

And when did it become important for them to have regular news on there?

I dunno... generally speaking, when they say it's going to rain tomorrow or the next day, it rains. Sometimes, they miss, but not often. I think if they said there was a hurricane bearing down on me, I'd head for the hills.

Wouldn't you?

Any coincidence that the AGW crowd now calls global warming extreme or severe weather?

Um, no it doesn't. It calls "extreme or severe weather" a symptom of global warming.

So are you saying they are still calling it global warming and not climate change?

I've seen both used. But nobody uses "extreme weather" as a synonym for it.

My goal here is not to change the minds of true believers like you, it is o maybe wake a few people up on how the liberal media try's to get you to think a certain way on this and many other subjects. Maybe tonight when they watch the news and see the extreme weather report a light bulb will go off.

Well, if you're trying to convince them by your crack logical analysis and insight, all you'll get is the slow and gullible to wake up.

Back
Top Bottom