• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Santorum vs. Obama

If the Election were today, who would you vote for?

• Total voters
The US under Bush would be peanuts compared to a US under Santorum

Oh super! Peanuts? Wow! Maybe we could go to a ball game and eat peanuts. That sounds like so much fun.

I have learned not to argue with this poor fellow. All talk and no show.

LOL! Sorry, you do not get it. I am just a warm lovable fuzzball who is here to be a counterweight to the liberal BS. I just respond to the nonsense and the looney left becomes loonier. It's really quite fun. Now, you have a good day, ya hear?

As a conservative, I would agree that some poor are leeches and such. They are few, but they do exist. However, your dodge is noted. We know that extreme leftwing liberal rhetorical hyperbole includes a screed about the 1%. It is very unbeoming, but extremists cannot help themselves. It may be part of the DNA. Try again.

It is merely a fact that the 1% own most everything and get a ton of benefits and breaks from the government. It is a mere fact that the middle class is shrinking, but the largest whining is coming from the top, and not elsewhere. If you oppose class warfare, stop favoring the wealthy and rich, and calling those who work for a living names. Have you seen how teachers are demonized, for example. They make too much money, but those making 250K plus are barely making. Again, you'll find that with the Fox talking heads.

Jon Stewart? Oh Really?

All the facts from fox are true. Try agian!

Missed the point again. It would be those he quotes accurately that would be the evidence and not Stewart himself.

It is merely a fact that the 1% own most everything and get a ton of benefits and breaks from the government. It is a mere fact that the middle class is shrinking, but the largest whining is coming from the top, and not elsewhere. If you oppose class warfare, stop favoring the wealthy and rich, and calling those who work for a living names. Have you seen how teachers are demonized, for example. They make too much money, but those making 250K plus are barely making. Again, you'll find that with the Fox talking heads.

I knew it! You're a cummunist! :cool: Keep up the good work! :peace

I go for Santorum of course, but opinions can differ.

Being a registered Democrat I'll definitely vote for President Obama in the general election but since Texas is an open primary state I'll do what many Cons did between Obama and Hillary in 2008, I'll vote for Santorum in the open primaries.:elephantf Not that I think Santorum or Romney stand a chance against President Obama in 2012 but because I'll choose the evilest over the evil and have fun watching the Cons hold their nose even tighter while voting. :rock

Hands down better. Not even close. You guys choose Santorum, get ready for an Obama second term.
That doesn't make him better. Most liberals don't really like Obama, they holding their noses when they vote for him. He is a failure. No doubt in my mind that most liberals wished they'd voted for Hillary.

Keep your eyes open, Gingrich is getting ready to indirectly help Santorum.

Being a registered Democrat I'll definitely vote for President Obama in the general election but since Texas is an open primary state I'll do what many Cons did between Obama and Hillary in 2008, I'll vote for Santorum in the open primaries.:elephantf Not that I think Santorum or Romney stand a chance against President Obama in 2012 but because I'll choose the evilest over the evil and have fun watching the Cons hold their nose even tighter while voting. :rock

Please do it!

You over-generalization is noted. First, the 1% doesn't own my home. They don't own my cars. They don't own my retirement accounts. In fact, they own nothing that I have not earned.

Second, the best way to handle any decline in standard of living is not to bring down others that you are jealous of, but rather is to provide paths for those who wish to achieve a better standard of living to achieve.

Thirdly, I have not called people names. That is what liberals do.

Most liberals don't really like Obama, they holding their noses when they vote for him. He is a failure. No doubt in my mind that most liberals wished they'd voted for Hillary.

Really? So, since you're a Con I can only assume you're speaking from that perspective, right and you think this makes you some kind of an authority on how "most" Liberals think and vote? In which case you could not be more wrong and to prove it maybe you should recheck the poll results.

I was a Hillary supporter and I now fully support President Obama. I have no doubt in my mind Hillary could not have done one bit better than the President has especially with the do nothing obstructionist TeapubliCons in Congress working against her.

Liberals everywhere would appreciate it if you refrained from speaking for them because clearly, you know nothing of which you speak. :)

Because Obama has put too many regulations on bussinesses.

These vague, unsubstantiated comments make work with the FOX crowd, but they have no place here. If you can't name 5 egregious regulations Obama has put on business then stand down....

Last edited:
LOL! I don't own the land. I was just acting as an agent for the seller.

I am not sure why I should care what you think. I have told you guys that I am immune from liberal rhetoric and name calling.

It's not what I think. We are only pointing out, rather effectively I might add, that you think that ideas that were formulated across party lines (hence generally mainstream by general political thinking and conventional wisdom) are radical, then you are out of touch with the political spectrum. This is a very easy thing to have happen when you hang out on the wing a particular political philosophy (be it right or left).

Last edited:
That doesn't make him better. Most liberals don't really like Obama, they holding their noses when they vote for him. He is a failure. No doubt in my mind that most liberals wished they'd voted for Hillary.

To the contrary; Obama regularly scores around 80% job approval among Democrats.

To the contrary; Obama regularly scores around 80% job approval among Democrats.

Okay whatever, I'm just saying. They have clamps on their noses, because his **** really stinks.

Okay whatever, I'm just saying. They have clamps on their noses, because his **** really stinks.

Yes, and you are still wrong. 80% approval rating.

Nobody is ever 100% happy with their leaders. Sounds like some Fox News cool aid. No Dem is ever left enough for his base and no Conservative is ever right enough for his base.

These vague, unsubstantiated comments make work with the FOX crowd, but they have no place here. If you can't name 5 egregious regulations Obama has put on business then stand down....

Agency/Subagency: EPA/AR Title: Reconsideration of the 2008 Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards Primary
Annual Cost Estimate:
$19-90 Billion

EPA/AR - National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-Fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units - $10 Billion

EPA/AR - National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Major Source Industrial, Commercial & Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters - $3 Billion

EPA/SWER - Standards for the Management of Coal Combustion Residuals Generated by Commercial Electric Power Producers - $0.6-1.5 Billion

DOT/NHTSA - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 111, Rearview Mirrors - $2 Billion

DOT/FMCSA - Electronic On-Board Recorders and Hours of Service Supporting Documents - $2 Billion

DOT/FMCSA - Hours of Service - $1 Billion

Agency/Subagency: EPA/AR Title: Reconsideration of the 2008 Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards Primary
Annual Cost Estimate:
$19-90 Billion

EPA/AR - National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-Fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units - $10 Billion

EPA/AR - National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Major Source Industrial, Commercial & Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters - $3 Billion

EPA/SWER - Standards for the Management of Coal Combustion Residuals Generated by Commercial Electric Power Producers - $0.6-1.5 Billion

DOT/NHTSA - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 111, Rearview Mirrors - $2 Billion

DOT/FMCSA - Electronic On-Board Recorders and Hours of Service Supporting Documents - $2 Billion

DOT/FMCSA - Hours of Service - $1 Billion

And what about those are exactly egregious?

Give me a quote from Rush Limbuagh where he says that poorer folks are leeches and such. I'll be waiting.

[video]http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201012030020[/video]

This is close enough for me.:2wave:

[video]http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201012030020[/video]

This is close enough for me.:2wave:

There is nothing wrong what he said there. Anyway, you went to Soros Reports! :lamo

There is nothing wrong what he said there. Anyway, you went to Soros Reports! :lamo

Aw so you think the poor shouldn't be able to vote. Another reason your ideology is loony.

So...you refuse to believe your lying ears eh?:lamo

Back
Top Bottom