• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Santorum vs. Obama

If the Election were today, who would you vote for?

• Total voters

Amigo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I go for Santorum of course, but opinions can differ.

I'm registered as a Republican. I'm going to vote in the Republican primary, and I'm hoping to vote for the Republican nominee in the general election. I don't line up really well with the GOP on several issues, but right now I think they represent this country's only hope of a positive recovery from our current economic problems.

But if they nominate Santorum, I swear on the blood of my ancestors I'll vote to re-elect President Obama.

I wouldn't vote for either one, but given the choice of Santorum and getting stabbed in the face with a grapefruit spoon, I'd take the spoon every time.

I'm registered as a Republican. I'm going to vote in the Republican primary, and I'm hoping to vote for the Republican nominee in the general election. I don't line up really well with the GOP on several issues, but right now I think they represent this country's only hope of a positive recovery from our current economic problems.

But if they nominate Santorum, I swear on the blood of my ancestors I'll vote to re-elect President Obama.

I'll bet once he's the nominee, you'll end up voting for him! :) BTW, a vote for Obama is a vote against America. :(

I wouldn't vote for either one, but given the choice of Santorum and getting stabbed in the face with a grapefruit spoon, I'd take the spoon every time.

What is wrong with Santorum?

He uses wedge issues to both divide people and dishonestly villify those he disagrees with on other issues. The Catholic priest molestation sex scandals are a good example.

from the article on wikopedia

In it, he said that liberalism and moral relativism in American society, particularly within seminaries, contributed to the Roman Catholic Church sex abuse scandal. He wrote, "...it is no surprise that Boston, a seat of academic, political and cultural liberalism in America, lies at the center of the storm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Santorum

So it was not the fault of a bunch of priests that they did what they did but he blames it on liberalism. This guy is slime.

Last edited:
If the choice was that, I'd stay home or vote third party.

I could not in any way put my vote behind Santorum.

I'll bet once he's the nominee, you'll end up voting for him! :)

Sure, let's put money on it. The amount of your choosing. The wager will be null and void if Santorum does not take the nomination. I'll take my camera into the voting booth with me and I'll photograph myself and the completed ballot before I cast my vote.

BTW, a vote for Obama is a vote against America. :(

Yes, it is. But a vote for Santorum is a vote against American values, and that is the greater disloyalty.

New game plan; if Santorum gets the nomination (boy, that was hard to type with a straight face), I'll campaign for him for the next year and do everything in my power to get him elected. I'll cast my vote, then immediately hop a plane to Sweden and watch the US crash and burn under President Santorum.

Sound good, amigo?

Probably everything that everyone in Greer, McBee, Orangeburg and York likes about Santorum is everything I don't like about him. In addition, I think he has the brains of a large rabbit.

I'm no more pleased with Obama, though I do believe him to be brighter than most GOP candidates and certainly brighter than Biden. Obama sold out to corpgov early and backtracked on so many promises he made, from closing Guantanamo to transparency and many things in between, that he's rendered himself untrustworthy.

Hello, I'm Amigo's sister:

Alot of people said this about Reagon, yet he was one of the best, ;) So, I hope and pray it's Santorum.

Alot of people said this about Reagon, yet he was one of the best, ;) So, I hope and pray it's Santorum.

I don't remember Reagan ever suggesting that states should be subject to his moral views, the constitution be damned.

Amiga, that is your opinion of Reagan. Like Reagan or not, and I didn't, I don't see any parallels between Reagan and Santorum.

Well, except for him wanting to essentially establish a theocracy, legislate morality (screw the Constituion, eh?), and being as intelligent as a bag of hammers, he's great.

He's running on Conservative social stances and doesn't seem too bothered about the economy. With the current stance of the economy, we see where his priorities lie and, in my opinion, that's not anywhere close to where they should be.

Well, except for him wanting to essentially establish a theocracy, legislate morality (screw the Constituion, eh?), and being as intelligent as a bag of hammers, he's great.

He's running on Conservative social stances and doesn't seem too bothered about the economy. With the current stance of the economy, we see where his priorities lie and, in my opinion, that's not anywhere close to where they should be.

One thing that Santorum in particular seems to want to do is to social engineer America. You remember "social engineering" the thing that conservatives always accuse liberals of doing.

The Republicans would be hard pressed to come up with a worse nominee than Romney, but Santorum fits the bill. If it came down to Santorum vs Obama, I'm going third party. Anyone who openly has such a casual disregard for the Constitution would never get my vote.

He has great respect for the Constitution, I have no clue where you get all this false imformation.

He doesn't want to impose his moral views, he has said this time, after time. Stop trying to go against a champion of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

He has great respect for the Constitution, I have no clue where you get all this false imformation.

He doesn't want to impose his moral views, he has said this time, after time. Stop trying to go against a champion of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Ames, Iowa August debate

SANTORUM: Well, first, I was the first author of medical savings accounts back in 1992 with John Kasich in the House, but this is -- this is a very important argument here. This is the 10th Amendment run amok. Michele Bachmann says that she would go in and fight health care being imposed by states, mandatory health, but she wouldn't fight go in and fight marriage being imposed by the states, that would be OK.

We have Ron Paul saying, oh, what the states want to do -- whatever the states want to do under the 10th Amendment's fine. So if the states want to pass polygamy, that's fine. If the states want to impose sterilization, that's fine.

No, our country is based on moral laws, ladies and gentlemen. There are things the states can't do. Abraham Lincoln said the states do not have the right to do wrong.

I respect the 10th Amendment, but we are a nation that has values. We are a nation that was built on a moral enterprise, and states don't have the right to tramp over those because of the 10th Amendment.

Link

If a state does something he doesn't like morally, **** the 10th amendment and the Constitution, that state doesn't have the right to do it.

Santorum's morals don't give him the right to tramp over the Constitution.

Being a true Republican, but first a conservative, this is no contest. Santorum any day of the week over Obama.

Amigo I know how the electorate works in SC, and while Rick may seem like a decent choice to you he is indeed a giant idiot that refers to himself in the third person and thinks Obama is in bed with our enemies:

Being a true Republican, but first a conservative, this is no contest. Santorum any day of the week over Obama.

What do you like about Santorum so much other than the R by his name over Obama?

Ames, Iowa August debate

Link

If a state does something he doesn't like morally, **** the 10th amendment and the Constitution, that state doesn't have the right to do it.

Santorum's morals don't give him the right to tramp over the Constitution.

His point, to make it more clear; is that Murder, and the morals that this country was founded on.

Remember what the DOI says:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Lets say a state wants to ban all firearms; unconstitutional.
Lets say a state wants to ban Atheism in public; unconstitutional.

:)

Amigo I know how the electorate works in SC, and while Rick may seem like a decent choice to you he is indeed a giant idiot that refers to himself in the third person and thinks Obama is in bed with our enemies:

Obviously, you never heard of Iran.

I think in a debate he openly suggested Racial Profiling.

I'll have to look it up on youtube but i'm pretty sure I remember it to be accurate.

found it....god, Paul's reaction to it is priceless lol. "You gotta be kidding me, i lost all hope man".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom