• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia jets make 'simulated attack' on US warship in 'aggressive' Baltic incident

So, you're suggesting that Russia just up and exposed its ability to utterly defeat a key air defense system of the United States for no actual tactical reason?

No Deuce, I'm not suggesting that. You have a vivid imagination in all the wrong places. ;)

I'm suggesting that if it's true that Russian aircraft defeated the Aegis system in the Black Sea last year, it's likely they might have done it again last week. Speculation and curiosity, nothing more.

I'm suggesting that while the MIC was making awesome profits off our military aggression the GWOT, the Russians were staying home working on ways to defeat our technology with their own technology.

And maybe their electronic capabilities, as demonstrated last year in the Black Sea (if true) is what has so many Flag Officers and General Officers commenting in public that the Russians are way ahead of where we had thought they were.

No Deuce, I'm not suggesting that. You have a vivid imagination in all the wrong places. ;)

I'm suggesting that if it's true that Russian aircraft defeated the Aegis system in the Black Sea last year, it's likely they might have done it again last week. Speculation and curiosity, nothing more.

I'm suggesting that while the MIC was making awesome profits off our military aggression the GWOT, the Russians were staying home working on ways to defeat our technology with their own technology.

And maybe their electronic capabilities, as demonstrated last year in the Black Sea (if true) is what has so many Flag Officers and General Officers commenting in public that the Russians are way ahead of where we had thought they were.

Spoofing the Aegis system would announce to the US military that you are capable of doing so.

What is to be gained from doing this?

Spoofing the Aegis system would announce to the US military that you are capable of doing so.

What is to be gained from doing this?

Use your imagination Deuce.

If the US Navy were to be shown that its premier fleet weapons system could be spoofed, would the Navy act more aggressively or less aggressively?

Use your imagination Deuce.

If the US Navy were to be shown that its premier fleet weapons system could be spoofed, would the Navy act more aggressively or less aggressively?

They'd get the engineers to fix the issue, thus ending any actual tactical advantage.

They'd get the engineers to fix the issue, thus ending any actual tactical advantage.

If the Black Sea Incident is true, you can bet your bippy that they are doing that as we type. It's only natural.

Then the question is raised: if they could figure out Aegis well enough to defeat it, could they do it again?

That could be worse than a simulated attack!

Just a word of caution. As Thoreau has shown in the past to be very willing to believe anything that comes out of Russian propaganda sites like RT I would be very careful about taking anything he says as fact. Not to mention the fact that he see conspiracies every where. Like from the Boston bombing and sandy hook to 9/11 and everything in between. A firm grasp on reality he does not have.

Just curious but you wouldn't happen to have any actual sources that aren't nut job sites like veterans today or Russian propaganda like RT to back up these claims of yours do you.

If the Black Sea Incident is true, you can bet your bippy that they are doing that as we type. It's only natural.

Then the question is raised: if they could figure out Aegis well enough to defeat it, could they do it again?

No, the question is still "Why expose the exploit?"

Picture a hacker with an exploit that lets him compromise a bank's transactions. He doesn't want to rob the bank today, but could find such an ability useful some day. Does he:

1) Write an email to the IT security people at the bank and tell them about the exploit
2) Sit on it just in case he wants to use it some day

Clearly, option 1 isn't going to be chosen unless some other benefit is to be had from the exposure.

Last edited:
No, the question is still "Why expose the exploit?"

Picture a hacker with an exploit that lets him compromise a bank's transactions. He doesn't want to rob the bank today, but could find such an ability useful some day. Does he:

1) Write an email to the IT security people at the bank and tell them about the exploit
2) Sit on it just in case he wants to use it some day

Clearly, option 1 isn't going to be chosen unless some other benefit is to be had from the exposure.

I don't know Deuce--when people walked around with pistols in holsters, was a man wearing one "exposing the exploit" that he has a gun too?

I don't know Deuce--when people walked around with pistols in holsters, was a man wearing one "exposing the exploit" that he has a gun too?

They do it to look intimidating. Trying to be the tough guy. I'm armed, don't mess with me. High school bully logic.

Do you think Russia acts on high school bully logic?

They do it to look intimidating. Trying to be the tough guy. I'm armed, don't mess with me. High school bully logic.

Do you think Russia acts on high school bully logic?

When they are confronted by a US government that acts like a high school bully, BY ALL MEANS.

When they are confronted by a US government that acts like a high school bully, BY ALL MEANS.

Ok. So you think they'd advertise an exploit knowing this would eliminate that exploit. Got it.

I disagree. :2wave:

Ok. So you think they'd advertise an exploit knowing this would eliminate that exploit. Got it.

I disagree. :2wave

I think they would make sure that the other guy sees the gun on their hip, in their holster. :mrgreen:

I think they would make sure that the other guy sees the gun on their hip, in their holster. :mrgreen:

Knowing that this very act makes the holster disappear completely at some point.

I also suspect something is missing.

About a year ago or less, the Donald Cook was in the Black Sea and had another encounter with Russian aircraft. It was reported that the Russians spoofed and defeated, disabled, the Aegis fire control system. It was reported, not by western media, that the Cook then exited the Black Sea. As I understand it, the Aegis system likes to have more than one boat nearby, and for whatever reason the Cook was there alone.

If that story was true, is it possible that the electronic spoofing by the Russians was also in play in this event?

It is rrported by whom?

I disagree. :2wave:

The Russians did not advertise their ability to "home on jam" prior to the Yom Kippur war. Many an Israeli was shot down thinking his jammer was doing its job.

You don't advertise something like that. You keep it close to your vest and only unveil it when the time is right.

I noticed you still aren't willing to provide sources to your claims. Do you have any. Any outside of RT or Veterans Today that is.

I noticed you still aren't willing to provide sources to your claims. Do you have any. Any outside of RT or Veterans Today that is.

You forgot Global Research and the local mullet wrapper, not to mention the western axis of propaganda, just to see how they want me to think. :lol:

Just curious but you wouldn't happen to have any actual sources that aren't nut job sites like veterans today or Russian propaganda like RT to back up these claims of yours do you.

You have never heard of 'Google' or 'bing'?

Just Goggle 'khibiny-m donald cook'

And he did not say it happened...he typed 'if it was true'.

"If true," "just speculating," "just asking questions" are lines often used by people too cowardly to actually stand behind their ludicrous ideas.

If you have a issue with people being asked to back up their claims that is your problem not mine. It's rather standard on debate forums.

Apparently you are not to familiar with Thoreau and his nonsense

"If true," "just speculating," "just asking questions" are lines often used by people too cowardly to actually stand behind their ludicrous ideas.

You mean like the ludicrous idea that a 350 hour pilot with a bad reputation strapped on a Boeing for the first time in his life and flew an extremely precise maneuver while operating at Vmo +90? :lamo

Here is the coherent explanation offered by Russia on this matter. A statement too damn coherent for the average American to understand, and way MORE coherent than any statement offered by our own Pentagon in quite some time:

"While in operational proximity to the Russian naval base of the Baltic Fleet, the principle of freedom of navigation of the US destroyer DOES NOT negate the (equal) principle of freedom of aeronautics of the Russian aircraft."

Too much truth for the mainstream media.

You mean like the ludicrous idea that a 350 hour pilot with a bad reputation strapped on a Boeing for the first time in his life and flew an extremely precise maneuver while operating at Vmo +90? :lamo

You know, I had an epiphany about this very complaint of yours just the other day while transitioning from mach numbers to knots in my descent into Chicago. Was going to make a detailed post on it. However, I never got an answer to that question I'd been asking so didn't get around to it. But that's all for the CT forum

Well, this the dumbest post I have read in the last few days.

He did not start the rumour...he merely read it and mentioned it. I read the report myself a month of so ago...it was quite widely reported in military chit-chat circles.

It was not his idea...he just passed on what he read. And he even said that it may not be true (in essence).

DUH.

Have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom