• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Romney to eliminate Planned Parenthood

Inane commentary aside, yes, Planned Parenthood tries to minimize its role as the nation's leading provider of abortion. They do so in many ways, and that "3%" is one of them. They just call any service issued to anyone equal regardless of expense and then slap down a percentage. It's also worth noting that they receive large sums of taxpayer money which can directly be used to perform those other services.

One could, of course, breakdown the services they offer specifically to pregnant patients: 2011 statistics...

abortion: 329,445
prenatal care: 31,098 women
adoption referral: 841

So of their pregnancy related services... oh. Yeah. Suddenly we're at 91%.

They perform over 25% of the abortions in the United States.

Again why do you LIE LMAO
I ask you do you thing objective educated adults by it?

you know for a fact that is NOT 91% lmao
Please educate yourself

70+ percent is preventive, primary care, which helps prevent unintended pregnancies I.E prevent potential abortions
they provide sexual and reproductive health care, education, and information to nearly five million women, men, and adolescents worldwide each year.

770,000 Pap tests and nearly 750,000 breast exams each year.
They help prevent more than 584,000 unintended pregnancies each year, hmmm weird thats MORE than the abortions they provide :D

PP provides more than 4 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.

also by law their funding does not go to abortions, this is another lie

weird huh? tell us about that 91% again LMAO

sorry theres facts and then there are lies, above are facts :laughat:

because_i_said_so_thats_why_poster-r0bd25987c88f4da592f1dfccbb1dc3bf_2sor_400.jpg

that would actually be a better argument than lying LMAO

^ I'm explaining why the "3%" is misleading PR. I understand why the organization would try to present things that way - they want their cut of taxpayer money.

I'm just asking for people here to not to be so intellectually dishonest and irrational as to parrot their PR without a sliver of critical thinking.

But isn't that exactly what you are doing? You are trying to define them based on a very small part of THEIR business because they handle 25% of the total procedures...

Again, you show your dishonesty by cherry picking facts.

Here is a 2010 complete breakdown of services that you convieniently forgot to mention or were too dishonest to show you are wrong.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/PPFA/PP_Services.pdf

So yeah, abortion does not define what they do. You lose.

no no no, do not bring facts to the table thats not fair!!!!!!!! I say abortion is all they do and thats final!!!! :D

I wonder how some people can be so dishonest and blatantly lie even after presented with facts, its astounding that emotional bias has that much control over some people and blocks all normal logic.

Wow, you are some special kind of folks.

I used their own PR, their own numbers. You just cited those same numbers at me, like I don't have Google and they didn't match up or something. I was even making the point that you can present the same numbers in different ways to try and minimize or maximize elements, and that Planned Parenthood has a vested interest in doing exactly that, minimizing their role as the leading provider of abortion in the nation. And again, by their own statistics, they are by far the leading provider of abortion in the nation.

So are you calling citing their own numbers lying? Are the numbers wrong? Do you not own a calculator or do you not know that whatever your typing on probably has an app built in for that? Or what?

Are you just insane? Rhetorical question, that last one...

Last edited:

I used their own PR, their own numbers. You just cited those same numbers at me, like I don't have Google and they didn't match up or something. I was even making the point that you can present the same numbers in different ways to try and minimize or maximize elements, and that Planned Parenthood has a vested interest in doing exactly that, minimizing their role as the leading provider of abortion in the nation. And again, by their own statistics, they are by far the leading provider of abortion in the nation.

So are you calling citing their own numbers lying? Are the numbers wrong? Or what?

Are you just insane? Rhetorical question, that last one...

You have to look at ALL their services, not just 3 as you did. If you do, yes, abortion only accounts for 3% of their total services.

No matter how much you try to lie, 3% does not define an organization. Nice try, you lose.

Baloney. It does when that "3%" amounts well over 300k killings a year, making them the leading provider by far.

"Well sure, we do more of this than anyone else out there, and sure, for virtually every pregnant women we see, we kill their kid... but look over there! Look at the silly monkey!"

Last edited:

The irony in this thread is halarious, you seem to have no understanding of the fact that even if they provided every single abortion in america if that was only 3% of what they did it still would not define what they do to anybody honest rational and objective

somehow in your blindly bias eyes if they performed 1 million abortions but saved 300 million cancer patients you would think abortions defined them. It doesnt get any more dishonest than this, your bias makes you so blind to the reality and the facts that you cant even comprehend how staggeringly wrong you are. LMAO

Baloney. It does when that "3%" amounts well over 300k killings a year, making them the leading provider by far.

Bull**** when they provide over 11,000,000 services to people. Your intellectual dishonesty is amazing. 3% still doesn't define an organization when they provide over 97% more in other services.

Why are some people on the right so dishonest?

nobody is arguing they aren't the leading provider, its something you are stating and acting like somebody is denying to make yourself feel right and to falsely justify your absurd broken logic and reasoning. LOL

3% of what they do will NEVER define them to logical objective people in reality and no matter how much you cry about it, it will never be true :D

Last edited:
nobody is arguing they aren't the leading provider, its something you are stating and acting like somebody is denying to make yourself feel right and to falsely justify your absurd broken logic and reasoning. LOL

3% of what they do will NEVER define them to logical objectionable people in reality and no matter how much you cry about it, it will never be true :D

I would never confuse you with logical, but you certainly are objectionable.

Bull**** when they provide over 11,000,000 services to people. Your intellectual dishonesty is amazing. 3% still doesn't define an organization when they provide over 97% more in other services.

Why are some people on the right so dishonest?

because if they accept the truth than their bias beliefs look just as stupid, dishonest and unintelligent to themselves as it does to the rest of us. :shrug:

for some its better to lie and be in happy ignorance to facts than to realize your are completely wrong and making a fool of yourself.

I would never confuse you with logical, but you certainly are objectionable.

you moving to insults proves you have no logical paths to take, it further exposes you and what you are.

also for the record im glad that a person like you does not view me and the other posters here as logical because that lets me know I am in fact being logical honest and objective :shrug:

. If that ever changes please let me know because I will seriously rethink whatever I am saying because from your post history if you think its logical I probably definitely have it wrong :D

fact remains nobody logical and objective will define them by 3% of their services.

Yup, it's an insult when you call yourself something. And Planned Parenthood's own numbers are truth if they come from their flier, but if I use those same numbers and perform a basic math problem, suddenly, the evil numbers are lying.

And you said the above. And you claim to be rational.

And you usually direct alphabet soup and smileys at OTHER people... Well, sir, that warrants at least one hearty LOL.

Yup, it's an insult when you call yourself something. And Planned Parenthood's own numbers are truth if they come from their flier, but if I use those same numbers and perform a basic math problem, suddenly, the evil numbers are lying.

And you usually direct alphabet soup and smileys at OTHER people... Well, sir, that warrants at least one hearty LOL.

You used 3 of their numbers. How is that honest when you didn't include the rest?

again more lies, nobody said the number are evil or lying :laughat:
nobody said PP doesnt provide the most abortions

but no matter how you irrationally spin it, it still only adds up to 3% of what they actually do and this fact negates any illogical bias claims that abortion defines them LMAO

there is no logic, rational and or facts to support your false claims, this is probably why you ignored my earlier example LOL

I am in fact being rational on this debate along with the other posters that are laughing at you and Id love for you to show any evidence what so ever that 3% logically defines them LOL Your blind bias is obvious to everyone else but you, its unfortunate but not your fault, you simply dont know what you dont know :shrug:

Santorum's got some competition.

haven't you noticed? All of the Republican candidates are bat**** crazy when it comes to social issues. This war on women is particularly interesting from a political standpoint. It's the "I can be crazier than you' approach.

You used 3 of their numbers. How is that honest when you didn't include the rest?

because abortions is the only thing he cares about and if he used realty based facts he would prove himself wrong. (even though he has already done this repeatedly)

a) Where did I get those numbers? Right. From them. The same place, the same numbers.

b) I was even making a point that it's all in how you present the numbers. Planned Parenthood presents them all in total, then gives a huge number of abortions, then adds all their numbers together as if they're somehow equal, amd slaps down a header with "abortion services - 3%."

If you take those same raw numbers, I was just showing that you could organize them by "pregnancy services" - i.e. "What are the services you guys provide to pregnant women?" - and all of a sudden a different pattern emerges.

Take into consideration the fact that they WANT to minimize their role as the leading provider of abortion. Don't get me wrong, they want to be that, they just want to do so as quietly as possible to mitigate the damage it does to their public image.

Last edited:
a) Where did I get those numbers? Right. From them. The same place, the same numbers.

b) I was even making a point that it's all in how you present the numbers. Planned Parenthood presents them all in total, then gives a huge number of abortions, then calls it "abortion services - 3%").

If you take their same raw numbers, I was just showing that you could organize them by "pregnancy services" and all of a sudden a different pattern emerges.

No matter how you organize the numbers, it still doesn't change the FACT that abortions are only 3% of ALL of the services they provide.

3% does not define an organization no matter how hard you try.

My 91% is as much "a fact" as their 3%.

It's all in how you present the same raw numbers. The numbers are the facts. These derived statistics are all about math and interpretation of what the numbers mean.

No matter how you organize the numbers, it still doesn't change the FACT that abortions are only 3% of ALL of the services they provide.

3% does not define an organization no matter how hard you try.

yep this fact will never change.

My 91% is as much a fact as their 3%.

It's all in how you present the same raw numbers.

No it isn't. There are over 11,000,000 other things they have done besides abortion. Your 91% isn't even close to accurately showing what they do.

My 91% is as much a fact as their 3%.

It's all in how you present the same raw numbers.

im sure in your fantasy world it does

just to name 3 of there other services im sure it makes the nearly 770,000 Pap tests and 750,000 breast exams each year they do just disappear. and who cares if they give 4 million std test each year. all that matters is those approx 300K abortions :laughat:

I do agree it is about how you represent the number, you can tell the truth or you can lie. You sir are lying and nobody smart buys it :D

Back
Top Bottom