• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Repubs: Would you Sign a Pledge NOT to vote for Romney unless he releases...[W:185]

Re: Repubs: Would you Sign a Pledge NOT to vote for Romney unless he releases his tax

And you care about Romney's taxes why? Could it have anything to do with diverting from the Obama record? How will Romney's taxes put one more American back to work, increase the GDP by one dollar, and lower the deficit by any significant amount. Just another typical liberal diversion. I don't care what anyone pays in taxes until the govt. shows why they need a 3.8 trillion dollar budget

Great, but if you don't want to talk about Romney's taxes though perhaps you should get the hell out of the thread that is about Romney's taxes.

Re: Repubs: Would you Sign a Pledge NOT to vote for Romney unless he releases his tax

"arcane techniques", eh? LOL!!! IT WAS MAGIC!!

As I said in that other thread about the leaked documents...wake me when you find something illegal. :yawn:

We are talking about politics. It's not about legal and illegal. Perception will can raise or sink candidates.

Great, but if you don't want to talk about Romney's taxes though perhaps you should get the hell out of the thread that is about Romney's taxes.

My point stands, there is no obligation by any candidate to disclose their taxes and as I pointed out unless the candidate did anything illegal their taxes are none of your business or mine and simply are a diversion from the actual issues facing this country. Why would anyone vote for any candidate because of not showing multiple years of tax returns. romney will be releasing two years by October 15. Those complaining aren't going to vote for Romney anyway

My point stands, there is no obligation by any candidate to disclose their taxes and as I pointed out unless the candidate did anything illegal their taxes are none of your business or mine and simply are a diversion from the actual issues facing this country. Why would anyone vote for any candidate because of not showing multiple years of tax returns. romney will be releasing two years by October 15. Those complaining aren't going to vote for Romney anyway

As I said in my last post... it's about perception. Romney's failing massively.

As I said in my last post... it's about perception. Romney's failing massively.

The latest polls tell a different story

The latest polls tell a different story

You are in for a world of dissappointment in November. The tantrum will be delightful to watch.

Democrats: Would you Sign a Pledge NOT to vote for Obama unless he releases his real birth certificate
?

What's birtherism got to do with American's having an honest discussion about the tax code?

I think he'll be visiting a psychotherapist like those people in Florida did after that Bush election.

we can only hope. I was thinking something far more dire myself

You are in for a world of dissappointment in November. The tantrum will be delightful to watch.

No, I live in TX and will survive four more years of Obama if the country is stupid enough to vote for him with the record he has. Let's face it, if a Republican had the numbers that Obama has you would be all over it but now with those numbers Obama's not a word or no concern. You have said many times you aren't voting for Obama yet every one of your posts defends obama.

Obama is a great campaigner and is running for election, not re-election. He is running from his results and not on his results. It is almost like the last four years never happened.

We are talking about politics. It's not about legal and illegal. Perception will can raise or sink candidates.

Oh, I understand.

I understand completely that y'all can't argue reality, so you have to attempt to manipulate perception. And, sure, it might work for you. After all, it worked for Obama last time around.

You may find it harder to manipulate perception this time, though. Just sayin'.

At any rate, I don't base my vote on perception, so...as I said...wake me when you find something illegal.

No, I live in TX and will survive four more years of Obama if the country is stupid enough to vote for him with the record he has. Let's face it, if a Republican had the numbers that Obama has you would be all over it but now with those numbers Obama's not a word or no concern. You have said many times you aren't voting for Obama yet every one of your posts defends obama.

Obama is a great campaigner and is running for election, not re-election. He is running from his results and not on his results. It is almost like the last four years never happened.

so if you don't get your way its because you are smart and the rest of the country is stupid... tantrum apparently has already started.

What's birtherism got to do with American's having an honest discussion about the tax code?

This is not a honest discussion about the tax code. This is some die hard anti-Romney-tards making unsubstantiated claims that Romney is a tax cheat or tax dodger just like some die hard anti-Obama-tards made unsubstantiated claims that Obama was not born in the US.

so if you don't get your way its because you are smart and the rest of the country is stupid... tantrum apparently has already started.

If Obama is re-elected, then yes...the country is stupid. The people have been stupid before.

But hey, it's all about perception, right?

If Obama is re-elected, then yes...the country is stupid. The people have been stupid before.

But hey, it's all about perception, right?

If you are just going to go around and deny the power of perception then go ahead and explain how all those gay republicans who got outted tend to lose their jobs.

And you are also going to include yourself in throwing a temper tantrum because you think you are superior to the rest of the country. Both of your pain will taste delightful.

I cannot even consider voting for him until he shows the American people some simple common respect by allowing us to have access to the information that is needed in order for us to best make our choice.

I rather suspect that you are a left-winger impersonating the worlds' worst sockpuppet, and so I think that you would not consider voting for him regardless. You would find something (OMG! He MADE MONEY!!!) to hate on him for.

But no. This is a complete non-issue for me. As it is for the vast majority of Americans.

I rather suspect that you are a left-winger impersonating the worlds' worst sockpuppet, and so I think that you would not consider voting for him regardless. You would find something (OMG! He MADE MONEY!!!) to hate on him for.

But no. This is a complete non-issue for me. As it is for the vast majority of Americans.

How much of a non-issue? Non-issue all around or more like becuase it's not Obama holding out while Romney released 12 years of tax records kind of non-issue.?

If you are just going to go around and deny the power of perception then go ahead and explain how all those gay republicans who got outted tend to lose their jobs.

And you are also going to include yourself in throwing a temper tantrum because you think you are superior to the rest of the country. Both of your pain will taste delightful.

Well, I certainly won't...and I don't think any other conservatives will...throw a tantrum. But, from past experience, I'm certain that if Romney wins there will be a lot of whining and crying liberals.

Well, I certainly won't...and I don't think any other conservatives will...throw a tantrum. But, from past experience, I'm certain that if Romney wins there will be a lot of whining and crying liberals.

Oh I'm sure there would be. It's all a sporting game now.

How much of a non-issue? Non-issue all around or more like becuase it's not Obama holding out while Romney released 12 years of tax records kind of non-issue.?

I sense you enjoy being a crazy taxer. It must help your campaign of perception.

I care about policy. The only reason I would care about someones' tax records is if he was A) being paid not through campaign donations to push policy other than that which he was running on and B) dumb enough to put said payments in his tax return.

Since I rather doubt that Obama is taking under the table donations from the Koch Brothers to radically shrink the size and scope of government, just as I rather doubt that Romney is being paid off by EarthFirst! to become our most Green President Ever By Banning Cars, I couldn't really care less.

Then shouldn't the actual economic results be better than they are? What economic results would you base you opinion on, GDP growth, employment, wages, unemployment, deficits, debt, total personal income.

Seems quite a disconnect between this poll and most other polls. Why is that?

The people know that Congress is responsible for blocking bills like the Jobs bill to further improve the economy. The CBO has already testified in Congress that the economy is better than it would have been without the stimulus, and 30 million people have health insurance now that didn't have it before. Show me a poll that shows more people think Romney's policies will be better for the middle class.

The people know that Congress is responsible for blocking bills like the Jobs bill to further improve the economy. The CBO has already testified in Congress that the economy is better than it would have been without the stimulus, and 30 million people have health insurance now that didn't have it before. Show me a poll that shows more people think Romney's policies will be better for the middle class.

delusional.

politicians bank on the fact that the majority of the people don't know squat.

Which jobs bill, the one sitting in Harry Reid's desk that was passed by the House?

If you spend a trillion dollars shouldn't the economy be better than it is today? What is the definition of a stimulus? You think the 1.5% GDP Growth which is down for the third year in a row is a good thing? How about 23 million unemployed/under employed, is that a good thing?

Now isn't that great, 30 million more people with healthcare that cannot find a doctor so have to use the ER's?

Why don't you answer the question, if a Republican had these kind of numbers what would you be talking about today? What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?

I cannot even consider voting for him until he shows the American people some simple common respect by allowing us to have access to the information that is needed in order for us to best make our choice.

If you agree let me know and I will organize to have a petition created in order to do such!

The time to come clean is NOW!!!

This tax issue really bugs you. You have about 3 or 4 threads on his taxes.

No, I would not sign that pledge. Because I don't give a crap about Romney's tax returns. Nor do I give a crap about whatever the birther cry for proof is these days. Neither have impact on my voting decision come November.

Back
Top Bottom