• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican Cruz taps Fiorina as No. 2 in bid to revive presidential prospects

I voted for Obama in '08 too. I knew he was a prick because he voted for Retroactive immunity to the telco's who were illegally spying on Americans. But there's no way I could stomach a McCain presidency, and the Libertarians threw in the towel that year. God '08 was such a mess.
And the idea of a Black president might bring the country closer together, it was a historic moment for the country, and if even half of what he said was true this 'outsider' just might make the country a better place. That, and more openness in government, was enough for many to get his vote.

But those who voted for this guy a second time should spend the rest of their lives hanging their heads in shame.

She's as bad a Palin, but for different reasons. Palin was an airhead with a pretty smile (and a wink). Fiorina is sorta intelligent, but to most people she's an ex CEO with a questionable resume, and that lady who pounded the podium for 10 minutes at each of the first few debates over the now debunked baby parts for sale video. She's a female, slightly more corporate version of Cruz himself. Basically just a "Hey look, there's a vagina on my ticket!"

I agree. It is the old, "Look over here, I have a vagina" trick.

Whatever Radio, it's a poll from 538 which has a good reputation. You want to call it an outlier fine. We will know Tuesday if it was correct.

Actually, the poll analysis from 538 shows Trump with a 73% chance of winning Indiana.

The 538 polls-plus forecasts include endorsements, and are not much better predictors than polls-only. According to 538, Trump had been consistently underperforming his poll numbers early in the race, but not anymore.

But enjoy your 'skewed polls' forecast while you can.

Well, your talking point is wrong, he didn't "use" that comment that those countries are evil to mislead anyone about anything, since it was true. And I didn't say they had anything to do with 9/11, so don't ask me what they had to do with 9/11.

GWB created the whole axis of evil propaganda to use 911 to justify attacking Iraq. So I ask again......what did Iran, Iraq and/or North Korea have to do with 911?

I notice that you can't answer the question....because.....the point isn't a "talking point"....it is absolutely true. sorry bub.

GWB created the whole axis of evil propaganda to use 911 to justify attacking Iraq. So I ask again......what did Iran, Iraq and/or North Korea have to do with 911?

I notice that you can't answer the question....because.....the point isn't a "talking point"....it is absolutely true. sorry bub.

Well, I guess you are just a slow learner. Let's put it this way... you need to be able to explain what effect the attacks of 9/11 had on foreign policy and how we handle national security. If you don't know that, then there is no point in going any further.

Well, I guess you are just a slow learner. Let's put it this way... you need to be able to explain what effect the attacks of 9/11 had on foreign policy and how we handle national security. If you don't know that, then there is no point in going any further.
In the new world of 'relative morality' 'evil' really doesn't exist. The poster really has no idea of what you're talking about. Human rights, to these people, is being able to use the same washroom as women and children, or Christians being forced to bake wedding cakes. They have no knowledge of North Korea, Iran or Iraq.

You may as well be talking to a chicken.

In the new world of 'relative morality' 'evil' really doesn't exist. The poster really has no idea of what you're talking about. Human rights, to these people, is being able to use the same washroom as women and children, or Christians being forced to bake wedding cakes. They have no knowledge of North Korea, Iran or Iraq.

You may as well be talking to a chicken.

Judging from all the eggs he's been laying, you must be right.

Actually, the poll analysis from 538 shows Trump with a 73% chance of winning Indiana.

The 538 polls-plus forecasts include endorsements, and are not much better predictors than polls-only. According to 538, Trump had been consistently underperforming his poll numbers early in the race, but not anymore.

But enjoy your 'skewed polls' forecast while you can.

A couple of days ago in state polls it showed it is a tight race where Cruz was edging out Trump. The reason state polls are significant is Indiana bans automated polling that so many of the pollsters use.
Gov. Pence will be endorsing Cruz in a little over a half an hour from now. That will be an added plus.

edit- more good news for Cruz, Virginia picked their delegates, last night it was reported all 13 lean Cruz.

Last edited:
Funny thing on the way to the nomination of a candidate in 1860, it went to a contested convention. A candidate by the name of Abraham Lincoln had only 22% of the vote yet ended up with the nomination and went on to win the presidency. If Trump wins Indiana he will have a path still open to reach 1237. If he loses, a contested convention will be inevitable.

There seems to be a lot of ignorant people out there on how the process works and has worked for hundreds of years. First off, all states have different rules and laws on how their delegates are bound. There will not be any clear winner until the first vote at the convention. All the delegate counts you see listed at the moment are just estimates. There are a few hundred unbound delegates that no one knows with any real certainty how they will vote on the first ballot. Because the Cruz team has been so successful getting his supporters to the state conventions to vote for delegates, they have successfully insured a good majority of those delegates are committed to him, some on the first ballot and many on the second ballot at a contested convention. Of course many of these unbound delegates do not show up in the current count. The last 10 states to vote this primary season are not pushovers for Trump. If Trump can't secure well over 50% of the vote from here on out, he will not make it to 1237.

Well, Cruz isn't Lincoln we can all agree on that.

But make no mistake, as I'm aware of how the republican primaries work. This isn't about the possibility of a contested convention; it's about its practicability. Both Trump and his base have made it clear that if he doesn't win the nomination, there will be riots and violence and they'll scuttle the GOP's bid in November. Regardless of such threats, the GOP understands the perils of defying the base's popular vote, not to mention how Trump has titillated so many republican insiders and conservative ideologues that it's no longer about foiling his candidacy; it's about taming him and ensuring his allegiance.

A couple of days ago in state polls it showed it is a tight race where Cruz was edging out Trump. The reason state polls are significant is Indiana bans automated polling that so many of the pollsters use.
Gov. Pence will be endorsing Cruz in a little over a half an hour from now. That will be an added plus.

edit- more good news for Cruz, Virginia picked their delegates, last night it was reported all 13 lean Cruz.

These are the last 3 Indiana polls.

•APR. 27-28
American Research Group
400 LV
Trump +9
TRUMP 41%
CRUZ 32%
KASICH 21%
•APR. 27
Clout Research
423 LV
Trump +2
TRUMP 37%
CRUZ 35%
KASICH 16%
•APR. 20-22
YouGov
439 LV
Trump +5
TRUMP 40%
CRUZ 35%
KASICH 20%

Living in Chicago, I can tell you the Indiana radio market seems to be saturated with Trump ads. Haven't heard a Cruz ad yet.

:lol: You sound just as incoherent as Trump. Cruz has been stating for quite some time that this primary was headed to a contested convention.
What Boehner did for Cruz today was show who the true outsider is and it ain't Trump.
Having a party where 60 some percent do not want Trump as their candidate is not good news for Trump.
While so many think choosing Carly now is a desperate move on Cruz's part, they forget how desperate a win in Indiana is for Trump. If he doesn't win Indiana he is toast.
While Trump won quite well in the NE this week, it was all blue states that if he were the nominee would get shellacked in a general. Hillary had far more votes in each state than Trump could muster.
Now the race turns West, Cruz territory. If Trump can not garner at least 56-58 percent of the vote from here on out he is toast and by all calculations it will be impossible.

:lamo Not even close. First, Cruz is no outsider, he never has been. He's just an incompetent dick with a large bag of tricks. Second, where are you getting that 60% thing? In the few republican national polls he whoops Lyin Ted's tent preacher ass. Third, you're wrong, if you're depending upon polling to tell you at this point who will take the general, Lyin Ted doesn't fare any better against Cankles. And finally, no, Trump does not need 58% of the remaining vote to reach 1,237.

You don't seem to realize that Cruz has set himself up with these blunders to hand Trump a win even if the convention goes to a second ballot.

Oh Pol, it is going to get even uglier in the next coming days. A lot of folks keep saying Cruz is desperate but in fact it is Trump. He needs Indiana to keep his path open to win 1237.

There has been a backlash to Boehner's comments among many in the base of the Republican party. The silent majority is livid. It has proved to those who are mad at the establishment selling them down the river that Ted Cruz is the outsider that doesn't bow to the establishment. He is a principled constitutionalist conservative that is a federalist who believes federal government has overstepped their boundaries. He is the best voice for states rights we have had in decades. Boehner's comments have proved who the true outsider is and it ain't Trump.

I posted this to another member that brought a smile to my face.

Brian Phillips Retweeted

FiveThirtyEight latest polls-plus forecast, @TedCruz has a 61% chance of winning Indiana projects.fivethirtyeight.com/e... @RealBPhil @jasonsjohnson

You haven't been paying attention. The backlash has been that we know it's a Cruz tactic, his buddies covering for him, giving him back his outsider cred. We know it's Lyin Ted up to his old tricks.

LOL. Go ahead and hold your breath. 1860, 1960, 2016. The rules have been the same for over 100 years. You. Need. A. Majority

Except they haven't, the rules change frequently and you should know that considering the big news has been speculating what the rules committee will be changing this time.

If you're banking on Trump not getting the second ballot if there is one you haven't been paying attention. Cruz has lost his shot. He has NO chance of being the nominee. Zero.

Living in Chicago, I can tell you the Indiana radio market seems to be saturated with Trump ads. Haven't heard a Cruz ad yet.

Uh-oh, bad news for Cruz diehards.
As of this morning, 538's Polls-plus is giving Ted a 53% chance of winning Indiana.
Down 5 points in one day!!
At this rate, by the time Tuesday rolls around, John Kasich will have a better chance in Indiana than Ted.
Don't tell our friend, Vesper.......let her stay in her happy place for a few more days.

:lamo Not even close. First, Cruz is no outsider, he never has been. He's just an incompetent dick with a large bag of tricks.

Ivy League lawyer, Washington insider, ambulance chasing Texas AG....if this guy's name was Obama, GOPers would hate him.

Second, where are you getting that 60% thing?
I think Trump has garnered, to this point, about 40% of the GOP vote.
So, the thinking(?) is 60% have voted against Trump.
Unfortunately, 73% have voted against, Ted.
Somehow, in Cruzworld, this is a positive for Ted.:shrug:

You don't seem to realize that Cruz has set himself up with these blunders to hand Trump a win even if the convention goes to a second ballot.
Cruz did what he could to make a race of it.
His failures in the southern primaries doomed him.
Even his home state didn't give him a majority.
I think his smirk is off-putting to a lot of people.

Except they haven't, the rules change frequently and you should know that considering the big news has been speculating what the rules committee will be changing this time.

If you're banking on Trump not getting the second ballot if there is one you haven't been paying attention. Cruz has lost his shot. He has NO chance of being the nominee. Zero.

No, other rules have changed, but you have always had to have a majority to be the nominee, that has never changed. If you haven't been paying attention, Cruz knows the rules and has been working the delegates. If Trump doesn't win on the first ballot, they are released. That is where Cruz's shot is. Trump attacks Cruz everyday, because he knows this. Otherwise, why is he wasting his time? Because he must win Indiana.

Well I can assure you Cruz team has plenty of ads running on radio and TV.
Also local talk radio has been buzzing. One host's name is Greg Garrison. He happens to be the former prosecutor in the rape charges that convicted Mike Tyson. You see the rapes occurred in Indiana. The first rape was a 17 year old girl. Tyson spent over three years in prison for that one. The second occurred 6 months after he was let out of prison. Seems that Mike Tyson endorsed Donald Trump the same night Billy Knight endorsed Trump. At the rally Trump brought up being endorsed by "Iron Mike" and he was pleased to get his endorsement even bragging how he likes endorsements from tough guys. You could say Trump really stepped in it. You see the Tyson rape trials were like Indiana's OJ Simpson trial. The former prosecutor now talk radio host took issue with Trump bragging about an endorsement from a convicted rapist. Seems there has been some blowback by Hoosiers over Trump's remarks.

Prosecutor in Tyson rape case responds to Trump bragging about Iron Mike?s endorsement « Hot Air

You know what they say, all politics are local.

And on local talk radio today, Gov. Pence endorsed Ted Cruz. I noticed CNN carried it live. Cruz sure has been barnstorming the state. He has 5 events today

Uh-oh, bad news for Cruz diehards.
As of this morning, 538's Polls-plus is giving Ted a 53% chance of winning Indiana.
Down 5 points in one day!!
At this rate, by the time Tuesday rolls around, John Kasich will have a better chance in Indiana than Ted.
Don't tell our friend, Vesper.......let her stay in her happy place for a few more days.

:) cute Radio.

Cruz is having a very good day with an endorsement from Gov Pence. Trump, Kasich and Cruz all met with Pence hoping he would endorse them. Pence is voting Cruz and listed a number of attributes he finds in Cruz and his admiration for him going to Washington fighting against feckless spending, his efforts to defund Obamacare, his life service in defending the Constitution and his great understanding of it, his unmovable principles toward the bill of rights which governors greatly hope for in a presidential candidate and his commitment to life to name a few.

Well I can assure you Cruz team has plenty of ads running on radio and TV.
Also local talk radio has been buzzing. One host's name is Greg Garrison. He happens to be the former prosecutor in the rape charges that convicted Mike Tyson. You see the rapes occurred in Indiana. The first rape was a 17 year old girl. Tyson spent over three years in prison for that one. The second occurred 6 months after he was let out of prison. Seems that Mike Tyson endorsed Donald Trump the same night Billy Knight endorsed Trump. At the rally Trump brought up being endorsed by "Iron Mike" and he was pleased to get his endorsement even bragging how he likes endorsements from tough guys. You could say Trump really stepped in it. You see the Tyson rape trials were like Indiana's OJ Simpson trial. The former prosecutor now talk radio host took issue with Trump bragging about an endorsement from a convicted rapist. Seems there has been some blowback by Hoosiers over Trump's remarks.

Prosecutor in Tyson rape case responds to Trump bragging about Iron Mike?s endorsement « Hot Air

You know what they say, all politics are local.

And on local talk radio today, Gov. Pence endorsed Ted Cruz. I noticed CNN carried it live. Cruz sure has been barnstorming the state. He has 5 events today

With about 100 people at each one. Contrast that with Trump who has thousands at his rallies. Btw, Pence is up for re-election and his poll numbers have been dropping of late. Bobby Knight - still wildly popular.

With about 100 people at each one. Contrast that with Trump who has thousands at his rallies. Btw, Pence is up for re-election and his poll numbers have been dropping of late. Bobby Knight - still wildly popular.

Yeah Bobby Knight is a tough guy like Mike Tyson "Iron Mike" Trump loves endorsements from tough guys, he told us so..... even when they are a convicted serial rapist.
And who was convicted of the rapes in Indianapolis where Trump was holding his rally. Trust me, he is getting a lot of bad press locally for his remarks.

Oh puh-lease.....nothing but spin and shuffle from you....why am I not surprised. GWB created the whole axis of evil propaganda to justify attacking Iraq after 911. You bought into the BS...which goes back to the original point. Some low information voters are easily swayed by propaganda. Thank you for demonstrating for all that you put yourself right into their ranks. That will be all.

:lamo Not even close. First, Cruz is no outsider, he never has been. He's just an incompetent dick with a large bag of tricks. Second, where are you getting that 60% thing? In the few republican national polls he whoops Lyin Ted's tent preacher ass. Third, you're wrong, if you're depending upon polling to tell you at this point who will take the general, Lyin Ted doesn't fare any better against Cankles. And finally, no, Trump does not need 58% of the remaining vote to reach 1,237.

Oh Clownboy, you aren't going to like this.
More good news for Ted!

Another state poll released this afternoon has Cruz ahead of Trump by 16 pts. with a margin of error of 4.9.

A new poll is out today, and the results are great news for Ted Cruz, #nevertrump, and basically America in general. Ted Cruz is slaughtering Trump with a double-digit lead.

From The Hill:

The Texas senator leads the real estate mogul 45 percent to 29 percent among registered voters, according to a poll by the Mike Downs Center for Indiana Politics.

Let’s repeat that: 45 to 29 percent. That’s a 16 point lead. The poll was released in Indiana on Friday afternoon, and is widely respected in the state.

Terre-Haute, Indiana’s Tribune Star reports:

The Downs Center commissioned a statewide poll to target likely voters in the Democratic and Republican primary elections on May 3. “The polling uses head-to-head race results as well as the strength of support and characteristics of candidates’ supporters,” the release stated. “It is important to note that the results reflect a snapshot in time of Hoosier attitudes in a period with very fluid campaign events. The poll’s margin of error is 4.9 percent.”

The result, of course, is well outside the margin of error of 4.9% and has a 95% level of confidence. Basically even if it were off by 4.9%, it would STILL be a double-digit lead for Cruz. It differs from the polls conducted by national outfits, both in result and intent. From the pollster’s release:

The Mike Downs Center for Indiana Politics is a non-partisan organization that helps the people of Indiana understand the role of politics and government in their daily lives. By doing this, The Mike Downs Center hopes to encourage participation in political and public processes the same way its namesake, Professor Michael C. Downs, did for more than 34 years. The Mike Downs Center is located on the campus of Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW).

BREAKING: New Game-Changing Poll Shows Ted Cruz CLOBBERING Trump By Double Digits in Indiana!! | Politics

Lion Ted, tigers and bears.....Oh my!

Oh puh-lease.....nothing but spin and shuffle from you....why am I not surprised. GWB created the whole axis of evil propaganda to justify attacking Iraq after 911. You bought into the BS...which goes back to the original point. Some low information voters are easily swayed by propaganda. Thank you for demonstrating for all that you put yourself right into their ranks. That will be all.

I see, so you don't know. Obviously, you have no desire to stay on point. Standard liberal tactic, get off on a tangent, as usual.

Very naive to think that 9/11 happened in a vacuum and would not have ramifications on our national defense.

Also, quite a juvenile answer. You know you were backed into a corner and had to run off instead of trying to defend your position.

Back
Top Bottom