• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican Cruz taps Fiorina as No. 2 in bid to revive presidential prospects

The irony is strong with this one.

Obama has a good academic resume compared to Reagan, Johnson, Kennedy, and Carter. He sucks compared to any of them-even LBJ

Cruz is academically, by far, the most talented person left in the race. In fact he was always the "smartest"

but lets look at our "smartest" presidents over the last 60 years

Bush (1)
Clinton
Nixon

not really awesome.

Eisenhower,
Reagan
Kennedy

were probably the three best

None of them were academic superstars

Ya, I read a great piece on this about 4 months ago, Smart is great to a point, then it is not, then it turns onto a negative.

We might be in real trouble with President Trump, he is by historical standards too smart for the office.

Maybe he is dumber than he seems?

We can only hope.

Seriously!

Ya, I read a great piece on this about 4 months ago, Smart is great to a point, then it is not, then it turns onto a negative.

We might be in real trouble with President Trump, he is by historical standards too smart for the office.

Maybe he is dumber than he seems?

We can only hope.

Seriously!

Trump I cannot tell but I suspect he's smarter than Kasich, less intelligent than Cruz and much brighter than the lying bitch and goofy Bernie

It goes back and forth. Gore was marginally brighter than Bush, Bush marginally brighter than Kerry, Obama was smarter than McCain, not as smart as Romney

Obama has a good academic resume compared to Reagan, Johnson, Kennedy, and Carter. He sucks compared to any of them-even LBJ

That mother****er fooled me. I thought he was smart....till I witnessed too many massive miscalculations. THat is why I often call him "THE PROFESSOR", it is a form of ridicule. Obama is as close to be a legit professor as are the three stooges.

He got me for a spell.

I confess.

With Shame.

That mother****er fooled me. I thought he was smart....till I witnessed too many massive miscalculations. THat is why I often call him "THE PROFESSOR", it is a form of ridicule. Obama is as close to be a legit professor as are the three stooges.

He got me for a spell.

I confess.

With Shame.

anyone who claims they voted for Obama because he was the most qualified candidate is really being dishonest. now I can see someone admitting he wasn't ready to be president but they liked his predicted policies better than Cankles or McCain

When I think of brainy, academic presidents, Woodrow Wilson always comes to mind. He had a Ph.D. at a time when that was not common, wrote academic books, was a political science professor, and served as president of Princeton University. My big problem with him is that he didn't think much of the Constitution. Now, of course, that's typical of Democrat politicians, for example Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton.

When I think of brainy, academic presidents, Woodrow Wilson always comes to mind. He had a Ph.D. at a time when that was not common, wrote academic books, was a political science professor, and served as president of Princeton University. My big problem with him is that he didn't think much of the Constitution. Now, of course, that's typical of Democrat politicians, for example Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton.

If you could go back in history and change who was president, wilson and FDR would be two of the obvious choices if you actually respect the constitution

Good night

Perhaps, but time will tell if it proves to be an issue, which I don't believe will be the case. You have to agree that he wasn't treated well even during the debates when he wasn't called upon until the second hour in some cases and even then wasn't given time to make a response. No one likes to be ignored, but Trump was allowed to spend most of the debate time arguing with Cruz and Rubio, which the moderators should have squelched immediately, IMO. Even Dr. Carson and others sarcastically commented on the fact that they were finally getting a chance to speak! That would frustrate most people, let alone politicians! :argue:

That's the difference between being a top contender and one polling at 2%

anyone who claims they voted for Obama because he was the most qualified candidate is really being dishonest. now I can see someone admitting he wasn't ready to be president but they liked his predicted policies better than Cankles or McCain

McCain lost me with Palin. I decided old age had rotted his brain. I was right.

Wrong again. And I said evil, not 9/11. Yes, those countries, leadership wise, and by their actions, are evil.

LOL....you can't even get your argument straight. My "talking point" was that GWB used the "Axis of Evil" to mislead people about 911

You claimed my talking point about 911 was completely wrong.

So I ask again...if it is "Completely wrong" .....what did Iran Irag and North Korea have to do with 911?

Trump I cannot tell but I suspect he's smarter than Kasich, less intelligent than Cruz and much brighter than the lying bitch and goofy Bernie

It goes back and forth. Gore was marginally brighter than Bush, Bush marginally brighter than Kerry, Obama was smarter than McCain, not as smart as Romney

I have no idea why some people keep talking about Cruz's intelligence. In this campaign he has not demonstrated any of that. From his sophomoric commercial with his kids to his recent scheming with Kasich and now picking a VP.
He reminds me more of Gomer Pyle goes to Washington.

Desperate, maybe. But still brilliant. Nullifies the whole "war on women" that Hillary is surely hoping to bring up. Adds the whole "leadership/business" angle that many are looking for in the Donald. It will be fascinating to see how it all turns out.

Brilliant in the eyes of idiots maybe.

LOL....you can't even get your argument straight. My "talking point" was that GWB used the "Axis of Evil" to mislead people about 911

You claimed my talking point about 911 was completely wrong.

So I ask again...if it is "Completely wrong" .....what did Iran Irag and North Korea have to do with 911?
Well, your talking point is wrong, he didn't "use" that comment that those countries are evil to mislead anyone about anything, since it was true. And I didn't say they had anything to do with 9/11, so don't ask me what they had to do with 9/11.

FiveThirtyEight latest polls-plus forecast, @TedCruz has a 61% chance of winning Indiana projects.fivethirtyeight.com/e... @RealBPhil @jasonsjohnson

Okay, so I perused the 538 site for awhile.
In looking at the site's previous predictions, I found that the difference between their Polls-plus forecast and their Polls-only forecast was maybe 4-5 %.
Somehow, in the upcoming Indiana primary, the disparity is a whopping 32%.
This yawning gap between the two predictions is unmatched in the other state results/predictions.
I know you support Cruz and want him to win and maybe this statistical oddity favors Cruz, but something is out of whack with this prediction.

Oh Pol, it is going to get even uglier in the next coming days. A lot of folks keep saying Cruz is desperate but in fact it is Trump. He needs Indiana to keep his path open to win 1237.

There has been a backlash to Boehner's comments among many in the base of the Republican party. The silent majority is livid. It has proved to those who are mad at the establishment selling them down the river that Ted Cruz is the outsider that doesn't bow to the establishment. He is a principled constitutionalist conservative that is a federalist who believes federal government has overstepped their boundaries. He is the best voice for states rights we have had in decades. Boehner's comments have proved who the true outsider is and it ain't Trump.

I posted this to another member that brought a smile to my face.

Brian Phillips Retweeted

FiveThirtyEight latest polls-plus forecast, @TedCruz has a 61% chance of winning Indiana projects.fivethirtyeight.com/e... @RealBPhil @jasonsjohnson

If there is such a huge silent majority in support of Ted Cruz, why do they not vote in the primaries?

It's like the captain of the Titanic announcing a new second-in-command an hour after she hit the iceberg.

You voted for Obama?

LOL
I voted for Obama in '08 too. I knew he was a prick because he voted for Retroactive immunity to the telco's who were illegally spying on Americans. But there's no way I could stomach a McCain presidency, and the Libertarians threw in the towel that year. God '08 was such a mess.

If there is such a huge silent majority in support of Ted Cruz, why do they not vote in the primaries?
The reference to silent majority was not specifically Ted Cruz supporters but those who see themselves as conservative. They are those who represent the angry voters who have come out this time to the primaries and have rejected every candidate they saw as establishment running this cycle. They are the voters who were fed up with John Boehner's leadership in the House and McConnell's leadership in the Senate and fed up with the Republicans who were voting with Democrats to pass legislation that was contrary to what they promised their constituents they would do. Many of these sellout votes were coming from representatives/senators in NE states, five of which Trump took handily in Tuesday's primary.

But hey, I'll let Cruz explain to you why Boehner had to resign.

When Boehner called Cruz Lucifer while endorsing Trump his texting/golfing buddy and good friend, proves who the real outsider is in this race and it ain't Trump. People have been played.

Boehner: Trump my golfing and texting buddy, Cruz ?Lucifer in the Flesh?

Okay, so I perused the 538 site for awhile.
In looking at the site's previous predictions, I found that the difference between their Polls-plus forecast and their Polls-only forecast was maybe 4-5 %.
Somehow, in the upcoming Indiana primary, the disparity is a whopping 32%.
This yawning gap between the two predictions is unmatched in the other state results/predictions.
I know you support Cruz and want him to win and maybe this statistical oddity favors Cruz, but something is out of whack with this prediction.

Whatever Radio, it's a poll from 538 which has a good reputation. You want to call it an outlier fine. We will know Tuesday if it was correct.

She's as bad a Palin, but for different reasons. Palin was an airhead with a pretty smile (and a wink). Fiorina is sorta intelligent, but to most people she's an ex CEO with a questionable resume, and that lady who pounded the podium for 10 minutes at each of the first few debates over the now debunked baby parts for sale video. She's a female, slightly more corporate version of Cruz himself. Basically just a "Hey look, there's a vagina on my ticket!"

She's as bad a Palin, but for different reasons. Palin was an airhead with a pretty smile (and a wink). Fiorina is sorta intelligent, but to most people she's an ex CEO with a questionable resume, and that lady who pounded the podium for 10 minutes at each of the first few debates over the now debunked baby parts for sale video. She's a female, slightly more corporate version of Cruz himself. Basically just a "Hey look, there's a vagina on my ticket!"
He should of looked back at McCain's candidacy to see how well that went...

I'd say Sarah Palin was a big factor in McCain losing the 2008 Election as well.

Back
Top Bottom