• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reason To Buy A PS4

When my wife told me about this I told her that we're going to buy a playstation 4. This series is actually the only reason that I buy any consoles. If they have this series on one console but not another i'll buy the console that has it and not the one that doesn't. My very first RPG was FF2/4. Fell in love with RPG's right then and there and I've never looked back. I don't care what all the naysayers say. I don't care about the console. I only care about the Game.

With 360, or original xbox too?

The 360 can already play original xbox games (I still have some old xbox originals that I play on my 360). The backwards compatibility that he's talkinga bout is for the Xbox One.

Edit: Or am I misunderstanding you? Did you mean will you be able to play original xbox on the xbox one also? If so then no, this is as far as I know just for the 360 games.

It's not a PS4 exclusive. It's a timed exclusive. The big 3 don't have the moneyhats or enough consoles in houses to get many exclusive titles they don't make in-house.

In other words, like everything else they've made lately, you can bet on an Xbox One and PC release.

I'll buy it on PC if it has worthy new content beyond graphic upgrades.

I don't think that they're going to add new content. At least I hope not. The original had SOOOO much to it that adding more would imo not be right.

I love old school Final Fantasy. The older NES stuff.

what was there to love??

i remember the first final fantasy on the nes. go fight garland,go get ship,fight first fiend,game bricks!fight first fiend again,save it before game crashes again.

fight second fiend,make it out and realize you forgot a sleeping bag or tent,try to make it to town in an inn to save but game crashes.beat the third fiend,save it and decide to play duck hunt. two dys later game wont work,you have to blow into it,finally fires up and your save is blank,restart game!

This is why I will get a PS4 and not an XBOne. Sorry Halo but FF was my first love.

Announce VI next please.

why ff6 has been remade twice now,or was it 3 times i forget.i remember they did the original playstation remake,which was a godsend because even in 94 when the game was new,copies were extremely rare to find for the snes,and stores could not stock them fast enough,and not enough were produced.i mostly played it on a friends console since he had a copy.

plus i think they made a few other remakes of it on handheld somethings.

Yeah I clicked the youtube link, thinking was gonna be another fan made, get your hopes up wish it were true video.

Then it got to the end, and I was covered in goose bumps and realized a game trailer was making me get all misty eyed.

I think I'll save up for the ultimate super CE with all the goodies and the way overpriced crap. Just because.

If PS4 had any games and any semblance of an online gaming experience maybe I'd consider getting one. Xbox one has the leg up on both of those.

When my wife told me about this I told her that we're going to buy a playstation 4. This series is actually the only reason that I buy any consoles. If they have this series on one console but not another i'll buy the console that has it and not the one that doesn't. My very first RPG was FF2/4. Fell in love with RPG's right then and there and I've never looked back. I don't care what all the naysayers say. I don't care about the console. I only care about the Game.

Aren't you a little worried they'll make it into an "action rpg" like all the others these days?

As long as it's true to the original - keeps the gore and profanity and gay gym and combat is turn based - i'd look more forward to ff7 remake than ff15 or whatever they're on. Hasn't been a good FF in what, 10 years?

why ff6 has been remade twice now,or was it 3 times i forget.i remember they did the original playstation remake,which was a godsend because even in 94 when the game was new,copies were extremely rare to find for the snes,and stores could not stock them fast enough,and not enough were produced.i mostly played it on a friends console since he had a copy.

plus i think they made a few other remakes of it on handheld somethings.

It's on iPhone/Android and Gameboy Advance, but these aren't remakes per se they're just ports to new platforms. I'm talking a full-on remake with a new engine like this FF7 one is, although that will never happen.

If PS4 had any games and any semblance of an online gaming experience maybe I'd consider getting one. Xbox one has the leg up on both of those.

You besides all the games it has, and the larger online community it has?

It's on iPhone/Android and Gameboy Advance, but these aren't remakes per se they're just ports to new platforms. I'm talking a full-on remake with a new engine like this FF7 one is, although that will never happen.

It should be something like FFX HD, but with even newer graphics.

what was there to love??

i remember the first final fantasy on the nes. go fight garland,go get ship,fight first fiend,game bricks!fight first fiend again,save it before game crashes again.

fight second fiend,make it out and realize you forgot a sleeping bag or tent,try to make it to town in an inn to save but game crashes.beat the third fiend,save it and decide to play duck hunt. two dys later game wont work,you have to blow into it,finally fires up and your save is blank,restart game!

Well you've just described almost every single NES RPG ever made.

Go kill the bad guy. Walk around and build up money. Blow in the cartridge. Kill more bad guys. Build up more money. Blow in the cartridge. Kill more bad guys. Go to save the princess, but right before you get there, the game freezes up and you have to blow in the cartridge again and attempt to rescue the princess again. :shrug:

NES RPG. What are you gonna do?

But I did love that game, and also original Wizards and Warriors, Dragon Warrior, etc.

Guess it's fitting to remake this, since it seems the jrpg as a genre went downhill after FF7. The graphics are horribly outdated too, strangely more than the nes games.

My other concern is they'd turn it into cutscenes with occasional gameplay, another staple these days. Compare FF13 to original FF7 and you'll see what i mean. The E3 trailer was entirely cutscene. Yeah i know, hype, but come on, that's not the essence of PS1 era games.

From what i can tell, squarenix has become a total joke company, so that's partly where concern lies. Looking at disasters like FF14, i doubt they even play their own games.

Last edited:
I don't think that they're going to add new content. At least I hope not. The original had SOOOO much to it that adding more would imo not be right.

Unless the original devs like nomura are involved, i don't see the point either. It wouldn't be authentic extension of the original.

I read in some interview they refused all requests to make a sequel, saying it wouldn't be right. Instead they settled for that mini-movie. Can you imagine that these days? The crappy FF13 had a sequel and what, 3 spinoffs?

You besides all the games it has, and the larger online community it has?

What games? Any decent ones besides the ones that are also on Xbox? And PS4 online gaming = desert wasteland..

Unless the original devs like nomura are involved, i don't see the point either. It wouldn't be authentic extension of the original.

I read in some interview they refused all requests to make a sequel, saying it wouldn't be right. Instead they settled for that mini-movie. Can you imagine that these days? The crappy FF13 had a sequel and what, 3 spinoffs?

Nomura is directing. Nomura said in an interview (The Final Fantasy VII Remake Won't Be Exactly the Same) that there will be gameplay changes.

I think that's welcome for a remake, just like with Resident Evil for the Gamecube - beautiful graphics, yes, but a tough new boss, the need to burn zombies to keep the pathway clear lest they return even stronger (but not enough fuel to clear them all), new close quarters moves, new actually competent translation / voice acting...

Or to keep within the same series, FF IV on DS was a graphics update with additional bosses and new gameplay features and I loved it.

As a big PS2 and PS3 fan, I am highly disappointed in the PS4 for one reason...lack of backwards compatibility.

Sure, to a 12 year old, he won't care.

But to someone that has lots of PS3 (or even PS2) games, this is a major negative.

I think it is stupid as well. Before, I had zero intention of buying an XBox 360 because I had so many PS2 games. Now, I have far less reasons to buy a PS4 then I did before. And Playstation Now is not good enough yet, imo. Though maybe one day it will be.

Since I have to carry around more then one console now, I might as well get an X Box and get both sides of the major gaming consoles (I don't count Nintendo). Or maybe it's time to go back to PC games...they definitely are making a small comeback.

Either way, I highly doubt I will be getting a PS4 any time soon.

Guess it's fitting to remake this, since it seems the jrpg as a genre went downhill after FF7.

FF7 was arguably the best of the series. But 8,9, 10, 12 were all good games too. I personally liked 12 better than 7. But I am stoked for the remake of FF7. Time will tell how they do. FF7 has a lot of people in love with it and those people are going to be very critical of the new game.

As a big PS2 and PS3 fan, I am highly disappointed in the PS4 for one reason...lack of backwards compatibility.

Sure, to a 12 year old, he won't care.

But to someone that has lots of PS3 (or even PS2) games, this is a major negative.

I think it is stupid as well. Before, I had zero intention of buying an XBox 360 because I had so many PS2 games. Now, I have far less reasons to buy a PS4 then I did before. And Playstation Now is not good enough yet, imo. Though maybe one day it will be.

Since I have to carry around more then one console now, I might as well get an X Box and get both sides of the major gaming consoles (I don't count Nintendo). Or maybe it's time to go back to PC games...they definitely are making a small comeback.

Either way, I highly doubt I will be getting a PS4 any time soon.

I get what you mean. But I have a PS3, and a PS2. they aren't going anywhere for me. So I have a way to play older games when i want to. Because of that the backward compatibility doesn't bother me. I paid more and put in the effort to get a PS3 with backward compatibility back then, and almost never put a PS2 game in it. So I am not letting this bother me. I do have a PS4, and I have it for PS4 games.

FF7 was arguably the best of the series. But 8,9, 10, 12 were all good games too. I personally liked 12 better than 7. But I am stoked for the remake of FF7. Time will tell how they do. FF7 has a lot of people in love with it and those people are going to be very critical of the new game.

Go play FF6. It was in my opinion better than 7.

Go play FF6. It was in my opinion better than 7.

Ive played 6. I've played all the offline FF games. I left out 6 and 4 from my list because he said after 7. But 6 and 4 were both great. 3 and 5 were really good. Didn't care for 2 or 1 a whole lot but I played them well after their time. Hated 13.

Ive played 6. I've played all the offline FF games. I left out 6 and 4 from my list because he said after 7. But 6 and 4 were both great. 3 and 5 were really good. Didn't care for 2 or 1 a whole lot but I played them well after their time. Hated 13.

last ff game i played was 9,i didnt like it.but i have watched reviews of ff13,and everyone described it as a hallway,literally all game travel seems to be one direction with no real exploration.

Back
Top Bottom