• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin says he won’t deport U.S. diplomats as he looks to cultivate relations with Tru

Re: Putin says he won’t deport U.S. diplomats as he looks to cultivate relations with

Why is it shrewd to shut the door on a potential ally?

Russia an ally? Lol.....

Re: Putin says he won’t deport U.S. diplomats as he looks to cultivate relations with

And how much experience did Obama have coming into office back in 2009 ??

Zippo, nada, none.

Which worked out disastrously for America.

Sometimes when you roll the dice the roll goes badly.

Hopefully the bet on Trump works out better, I like our chances based on what I see so far.

Russia an ally? Lol.....

Putin is smart and he is pragmatic and like Trump he is a proven winner...this is someone we can work with. I have no doubt but that Trump can hold his own against Putin, I am not worried about that as so many "journalists" are, or pretend to be.

Putin is smart and he is pragmatic and like Trump he is a proven winner...this is someone we can work with. I have no doubt but that Trump can hold his own against Putin, I am not worried about that as so many "journalists" are, or pretend to be.

Putin is an ex KGB thug who had manipulated Russia's political system so we can hang onto power, he's been accused of rigging his elections, imprisoned and killed political rivals and his human rights record is atrcious.

Spin it all you want but he's not an ally America needs.

I'm British pal and we don't "suck the doorknob" of Russia and never will.
Trump isn't pro America or pro Western. He's pro trump and has shown as much just in the past 39 days with his reckless tweeting.
Your post's are and will continue to be absolutely partisan and you will take whatever side Trump does. If Trump comes out next week and condems Putin you will be on here posting about how a leader he is blah blah blah.
Fact you're on here defending Putin says as much.

Well, since Maggie cleaned up the stall over there, and teamed with Reagan, Kohl, & JPII, you folks were sucking lots of knobs.

Reckless tweeting... LOL... reminds me of how the Leftists reacted to Reagan.

I am a partisan, but I used to be a Lib. I kept an open mind, and left the Left when it was obvious that ideology is both dangerous and destructive.

Unlike Churchill, who was from the right, went Left and then "reratted", I have seen nothing that would make me embrace the Left. Quite the opposite, as you folks have become ever more looney.

LOL... I'm not defending Putin, I'm mocking the ineffectual fool we have in the White House right now.

Obama created the mess in the ME... Obama set a Red Line and dissolved it... Putin stepped into the void. Sensing weakness, he exploited Obama like a pervert with a sex doll. Like a bad gambler, Obama keeps throwing chips on the table, only to watch them disappear to the other side of the table.

Obama doesn't realize he's the patsy in the poker game... everyone else sees it though.

Last edited:

Again Putin is trying to keep the door open because he thinks or maybe knows Trump will be great for Russia.

Yes, he's supposed to look out for whats in Russia's best interest.

Your'e under the impression that Trump will do a worse job than Hillary when it comes to Russian foreign policy

I can tell you this, just about anythings better than a silly plastic " reset " button and a photo op

Looks like putin and trump have reached an agreement on who should keep their bags packed BUTT if trump doesn’t toe the party line " Russia retained the right to punish U.S. diplomats in the future. " :2wave:

By Andrew RothDecember 30 at 11:09 AM

<MOSCOW — In a rare break from the diplomatic tradition of reciprocal punishment, Russian President Vladi*mir Putin said Friday he would not deport U.S. diplomats in a tit-for-tat response to U.S. hacking sanctions, as Russia looks to cultivate relations with the incoming administration of President-elect Donald Trump. >

<“We won’t create problems for American diplomats,” Putin said in a statement released by his press service Friday afternoon, adding that Russia retained the right to punish U.S. diplomats in the future. He said he would “plan further steps for restoring the Russian-American relationship based on the policies enacted by the administration of President Donald Trump.” >

<Putin’s surprising decision came just hours after the Russian Foreign Ministry suggested that Putin expel 35 U.S. diplomats and close two properties used by the U.S. Embassy in Moscow as part of a growing diplomatic slugfest over Russia’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. >

<Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, in a statement carried by the Interfax news service, called for 31 employees of the U.S. Embassy in Moscow and four diplomats from the U.S. Consulate General in St. Petersburg to be declared “persona non grata” and forced to leave the country.>

<"Countermeasures, which are typically mandatory, should be weighted in this case, considering the known circumstances of the transitional period and the possible response of the U.S. president-elect," said Konstantin Kosachyov, chairman of the foreign affairs committee of Russia’s upper house of parliament.>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl..._story.html?wpisrc=nl_p1most-partner-1&wpmm=1

that's going to be the thing. He doesn't need to do anything now because Trump will take over in less than a month and indications are that he's going to be rather friendly to the ex-KGB commie. If Trump reverses the expulsion and sanctions, he wins. If not, he'll just do what he was going to do regardless. There's no point for Putin to retaliate at this point, since it seems like he'll get what he wants in less than a month anyway.

Putin is an ex KGB thug who had manipulated Russia's political system so we can hang onto power, he's been accused of rigging his elections, imprisoned and killed political rivals and his human rights record is atrcious.

Sure he is, for many many reasons, the fact that he is motivated to play middleman between us and China is only one of the many bullet points.

We have GOT to learn to prioritize.

Putin usually plays the game he is playing very well, look how in just over one year he swiped Syria for instance. It is behind a paywall but WSJ did a great look at his mastery of the Russian economy and political scene, about how he has captained the ship through rough waters that the West was sure to sink him.
Why Putin?s Economy Survives - WSJ

Good link. Interesting read. Seems that those who claim Regan collapsed the Soviet Union were only partially correct, as its economy was already tottering, so a push was all that it took.

Pay wall? I've found that if you Google the article's title, click the Google link, WSJ will allow you to see it in full.

Stalin was a little worse... the difference between him and Putin being day and night... but we sided with him to defeat an evil called Hitler.

ISIS and like-kind scum need be eradicated from the face of the earth... and if we can team up with Putin to accomplish it, I'm 100% fine with it.

What does America stand for under Obama?

Arming terrorists in the middle east?
Nationwide warrantless spying on American people?
Using the media as the propoganda arm of the establishment?

If Putin is at odds with those things then he's a Fine Citizen of the world community and I hope to have closer relations with him.

Let's not forget authorizing American drones to assassinate American citizens in foreign, sovereign countries that are not at war with the United States.

Putin usually plays the game he is playing very well, look how in just over one year he swiped Syria for instance. It is behind a paywall but WSJ did a great look at his mastery of the Russian economy and political scene, about how he has captained the ship through rough waters that the West was sure to sink him.
Why Putin?s Economy Survives - WSJ

To get behind the paywall, just put the exact title into the google window, click search and then click on the link, and voila!

If anyone was and is being played like a fiddle by Putin it is President Obama - Putin has outmaneuvered Obama at every turn. You just have to look at the situation in Syria, as an example, and Obama's supposed red line that was crossed by Assad and then Putin came in, like the peace maker, and told the world he would ensure his friend Assad wouldn't use chemical weapons and Obama, as is his style, slinked off into the corner and watched the grownups play world affairs.

If anything Donald Trump might be a lot more like Bush II in that world leaders will be afraid of America and its power once again because the man in the White House just might engage that power. Nothing like a little perceived instability to get your enemies to think twice about crossing you. Trump is perfectly primed now as a wild card and unpredictable.

Good point. Former president Reagan was respected because the Soviets and other adversaries took him seriously. They knew he would not be too timid to respond with military force if needed. They believed his rhetoric. Our adversaries today know Obama is a wuss.

Good link. Interesting read. Seems that those who claim Regan collapsed the Soviet Union were only partially correct, as its economy was already tottering, so a push was all that it took.

Pay wall? I've found that if you Google the article's title, click the Google link, WSJ will allow you to see it in full.

Ya, I read it for free yesterday, I was not sure what was up with that. It was an interesting and from what I could tell correct take. Of course the next thing we always hear is "But, But, But...what about UKRAINE!". I dont give a **** about Ukraine is the first thing, they are Russia's problem to deal with, and lets be very clear that the place is a completely corrupt basket case (that was a funny, they are (were) known as the "bread basket" but they cant even do that right anymore), and we must admit that the West in particular America stirred the ****, which we never should have done. And lets also be clear that there is pretty much no one in either America or Europe who is willing to spend even one life on Ukraine.

**** Ukraine.

Last edited:

Your'e under the impression that Trump will do a worse job than Hillary when it comes to Russian foreign policy

I can tell you this, just about anythings better than a silly plastic " reset " button and a photo op

Plastic "reset" button spelled incorrectly... accompanied by hollow speeches and Red Lines that disappear when crossed.

Putin wants to make a deal that's good for Russia.
Trump would want to make a deal that's good for the US.
Both are serving the greater interests of their countries.
Fair enough.

What you won't be getting is:
* A world wide apology tour, telling everyone how bad the US is.
* Red lines drawn in the sand that have no meaning and no stomach for giving them meaning.
* Standing by while a ME state kills 400,000 of it's people.
* A constant worrying of US allies as to the erratic, inconsistent foreign policy.
* A constant worrying of US allies waiting for the US to stab them in the back through a UN resolution.
* Letting ISIS grow and expand into a power / troop vacuum before the host country can handle the security situation.
* Pointlessly toppling other ME regimes who were cooperating with the West's demands.

Seems like an improvement to me.

Good point. Former president Reagan was respected because the Soviets and other adversaries took him seriously. They knew he would not be too timid to respond with military force if needed. They believed his rhetoric. Our adversaries today know Obama is a wuss.

After 911, with the entire world, and especially all the despots, saw Bush live up to his word. That kept them in check.

Obama... Red Lines disappear, he gives a terror nation a Billion USD, said he would negotiate with despots without precondition... he sat on the fence... leading with his behind. He pissed off Egyptians, abandoned freedom fighters in Iran...

Thank God the asshole is soon leaving the scene of his many projectile feces floods.

The adults will clean up the messes.

Putin is playing you all like fiddles. If Trump rolls over for Putin it will be a disgrace and will jeprodise NATO and all other American interests.

Putin is a very very dangerous man and his domestic policies put him at odds with everything America stand for

So you say. And yet in eight years, the POTUS has done nothing to sanction this dangerous man. And THESE sanctions? Mean nothing. There are scores of countries who fly in the face of everything America stands for. We give money to many of them.

So you say. And yet in eight years, the POTUS has done nothing to sanction this dangerous man. And THESE sanctions? Mean nothing. There are scores of countries who fly in the face of everything America stands for. We give money to many of them.

Nothing to sanction him? Obama's economic sanctions have been killing Putin.

Putin wants to make a deal that's good for Russia.
Trump would want to make a deal that's good for the US.
Both are serving the greater interests of their countries.
Fair enough.

What you won't be getting is:
* A world wide apology tour, telling everyone how bad the US is.
* Red lines drawn in the sand that have no meaning and no stomach for giving them meaning.
* Standing by while a ME state kills 400,000 of it's people.
* A constant worrying of US allies as to the erratic, inconsistent foreign policy.
* A constant worrying of US allies waiting for the US to stab them in the back through a UN resolution.
* Letting ISIS grow and expand into a power / troop vacuum before the host country can handle the security situation.
* Pointlessly toppling other ME regimes who were cooperating with the West's demands.

Seems like an improvement to me.

Treating friends like enemies and enemies like friends.

Trump will also call ISIS what they are... Islamic Terrorists. Think of that! How inept, cowardly can one be?

I was 60% confident that Putin would put the DC Elite on blast but this is better. Someone very close to Putin yesterday said that retaliation was a sure thing, that is what confused me. One thing that I really like about this move is that it puts Congressional R's on notice that Putin does not give much of a damn what they think, that he is dealing with Trump, which is a great lesson for them this early in the game. We dont want them getting any ideas that Trump is anything other than the new sheriff in town.

Trump is not a dictator so put your dick back in your pants.

But this should be fun watching your Trump boy get impeached for treason. I hope they hang him.

Let's not forget authorizing American drones to assassinate American citizens in foreign, sovereign countries that are not at war with the United States.

Think if Trump did that?

Worldwide frontpage headlines with stories claiming that if he's executing Americans without a trial, nobody is safe.

Nothing to sanction him? Obama's economic sanctions have been killing Putin.

Hence why Trump wants to be friends. Putin obviously thinks having a weakling like Trump in office the sanctions will go bye bye.

Trump is not a dictator so put your dick back in your pants.

But this should be fun watching your Trump boy get impeached for treason. I hope they hang him.

Trump is pro-American...

Obama, no so.

Fast & Furious (gun running) A program designed to usurp the 2nd Amendment, and got Americans killed.

Think if the right said Obama should be hung for treason?

This forum would have exploded... but... it's a new day, and watching the Left go bananas is entertaining to the max.

And to think, the fun has just begun.

Russia an ally? Lol.....
I'm sorry you don't understand what "potential ally" means. It's most unfortunate.

Back
Top Bottom