• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Protesters take to streets after Trump rally in California

Can Boehner really survive trashing Ted Crus while not mentioning Harry Reid? You needn't be a Cruz fan to realize the hypocrisy, or the lack of perspective and party loyalty during an election campaign.

Party loyalty? Party loyalty? Did you say party loyalty? :lamo

If there is one overarching lesson in this election it is that people are fed up to hell and back with either ruling party and TeaPublicans as well. Americans hate both parties. Americans are tired of being lied to, being accused and abused by the parties. Americans can't stand Congress. Americans are tired of partisan fat cats lining up to line their pockets and lining up to "retire" to revolving door careers. Americans are tired of seeing Congress and staffers skate, living in privilege and favor. Americans are sick of seeing big money pay offs to party bosses and elected officials. Americans don't trust Congress at all.

Loyal? Why? What for? Is loyalty reciprocal? Sheeeeit!

Nope, just someone who's warming up to Trump thanks to the nitwits in Chicago, Costa Mesa, and Burlingame. (John Boehener's trashing of Ted Cruz didn't help my choice of Cruz, either. I mean, Cruz, according to Boehner, is "Lucifer in the flesh," a "jackass," and "a miserable son of a bitch" while Trump is his "golf buddy"? Ouch! :eek:uch: I guess, among other things, Boehner didn't take to his portrayal by the Cruz campaign as a drunkard. Frankly, it turned me off, too. In politics, it helps to be liked, especially by the former Speaker of the House.)

Can Boehner really survive trashing Ted Crus while not mentioning Harry Reid? You needn't be a Cruz fan to realize the hypocrisy, or the lack of perspective and party loyalty during an election campaign.

Yeah, Cruz's +'s or -'s aside, Boehner is hardly one to talk.
But he did recognize that what he has to say and who he has to say it about can get + mainstream coverage.

I'm Burlingame, too. Refer to the link I posted.

I saw the link you posted: I read it and then saw where you had posted it. It doesn't talk about the sky falling in Burlingame.

If there is one overarching lesson in this election it is that people are fed up to hell and back with either ruling party and TeaPublicans as well. Americans hate both parties. Americans are tired of being lied to, being accused and abused by the parties. Americans can't stand Congress. Americans are tired of partisan fat cats lining up to line their pockets and lining up to "retire" to revolving door careers. Americans are tired of seeing Congress and staffers skate, living in privilege and favor. Americans are sick of seeing big money pay offs to party bosses and elected officials. Americans don't trust Congress at all.

That does seem to be the big unknown element that could make the 2016 election foolhardy to predict at this stage.

Re: Donald Trump CA protest

They didn't give up a cop came over and stopped them.

could careless.

and the typical nonsense that you spout. no one has mentioned anything about this.
we are talking about the group of people that were punching people in the face and attempting
to destroy public property though.

maybe you should deal with that horde as you call it.

The cops didn't stop 'em. It happened just like I said it did.

I saw the link you posted: I read it and then saw where you had posted it. It doesn't talk about the sky falling in Burlingame.

Who said the sky was falling?

You.

"the liberal hoard! The liberal hoard!"

Wow, I'm going to insist you either post a link to me saying that, or admit you're lying.

Greetings, Risky Thicket. :2wave:

Very well stated, and you are speaking for a large majority of people! :thumbs:

I wish the California Latino kids were being taught that Mexico gave it to us after they lost war.

Well, when you lose a war it sort of narrows your options, and after what happened in Texas several years prior to the signing of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Americans weren't feeling particularly charitable towards Mexico.

If you recall, General Santa Anna was captured in his pajamas ;) at the Battle of San Jacinto by Sam Houston, who happened to be friends with some of the people Santa Ana slaughtered at the Alamo. (Those people weren't given much of a choice but to fight, since Santa Anna had them surrounded and raised a blood red "Flag of No Quarter" indicating they'd be executed anyway if they surrendered.) So he knew that if he didn't want to end up a corpse stacked like cordwood with other corpses and torched like the folks at the Alamo or the Texian POWs who were shot, clubbed, or stabbed at Goliad it would be advisable to sign on the dotted line and grant Texas independence. (Incidentally, the prisoners at Goliad were a mistake. They were supposed to have already been treated as pirates and executed according to Santa Anna's decree of December 30th, 1835.)

https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qeg02

The cops didn't stop 'em. It happened just like I said it did.

that is just one of the cars they tried to turn over there were multiple ones.
so you saw 1 out of a couple.

the fact is they were attempting to turn it over.

Well, the spot I kept winding up at is what I told you. And no, I'm not "legalimmigrant" either.

Still not sure what you're talking about. In actuality there's no link to click in the post you quoted. There's just a quote which included the photo. I then commented on that.

A kid like that with a flag would have made the news up here I can guarantee you, but nobody reported it.

The photo was tweeted by a Shadi Rahimi, a deputy producer at AJ+, an online news channel operated by Al Jazeera. She attributed it to the protests in Burlingame. Honestly, I would have been surprised if the mainstream media had published it, because many of them tend to be liberal and they realize it would only inflame the public and help Trump. Also, it involved a child and their journalistic ethics get weird about publishing "exploitative" pictures of children.

People across the country HATE Trump! What happens when union people try to exercise their fee speech rights and defense of their jobs when they picket? Are they given the respect they are due? Not hardly. Why is that?

Political demonstrations happen all the time, so what's your point?

People across the country HATE Cruz! Same for Hillary. So? People across the country also LOVE each of them, quite a few of them LOVE Trump. And they've proven just as diehard as the core that LOVES Hillary.

You can love or hate whomever you wish, but if you choose to exercise your right to peaceable assembly you have to know you walk a line. If you cross that line into violence and/or criminality - you go directly to jail, do not stop to collect your protestors paycheck.

Yeah, I think that about sums it up. Not only are people tired and fed up, they're right. The local economy in the Washington, D.C. area is booming, and some of the toniest zipcodes in the country are in the Maryland and Virginia suburbs. The system works--for the lawmakers, lawyers, lobbyists, consultants, bureaucrats, businessmen, and journalists who make up the Beltway. And when it comes to the mood of the public, they're clueless.

The liberal hoard is NOT going to take your children so stop trying make up something that just plain isn't there.

They probably won't take them, but they will "educate" them into hating themselves for being White. It's already going on in college campuses across the country.

People across the country HATE Trump! What happens when union people try to exercise their fee speech rights and defense of their jobs when they picket? Are they given the respect they are due? Not hardly. Why is that?

Demonstrating is fine. That's as American as apple pie. Trying to force your way into a venue so you can prevent a presidential candidate from speaking is not. That's my point.

Crosscheck...no need for a POLL. just look at my post in the "nether regions" and you will see a whole lot...that would love to burn it themselves, and then piss on the ashes.

I really challenge you that statement that half the membership would enjoy seeing the American flag being burned.

I know there are some who have said it is only a piece of cloth but I really believe it is a small minority who would approved such action.

Maybe we need a poll. But for one I hate it seeing my flag burned. You can bitch about either parties asswipes but leave the flag alone.

So the waving of flags from Mexico was just a reflex, and it's quite common for people to carry such flags around while carrying signs like the one below.

View attachment 67200768

View attachment 67200769

So what was the purpose and the message?

I'm guessing, Screw the United States, we're here to exploit you stupid people.

Perhaps, your interpretation. According to this article: Trump protesters, Mexican flag-wavers could bring unintended consequences for GOP race - LA Times
"While many may see it as un-American, the Mexican flag is actually used to express diversity within the United States, especially in California, where many are of Mexican heritage, the activist said.

“Protesters chose to bring out the Mexican flag to demonstrate their culture and not their nationality,” Villanueva said. “In this election year, I find the fact that people are waving Mexican flags more important than people waving American flags because of the diversity within our own American culture.”

Because his opponents would rather make their point through violence rather than through intelligent debate or at the ballot box. Their widespread leftist ignorance is what's really helping Donald Trump in this Presidential campaign, and will assure a better turnout on election day..

You can't blame the actions of a few on everyone.

Mexicans are fiercely patriotic, so I don't think that would go over very well.

It's OK to be a patriotic Mexican in Mexico. When they come here, I want their patriotism to stay in a closet, or, better yet, flushed down the toilet.

BS statement. Unions are given a very wide berth while demonstrating.

Perhaps, your interpretation. According to this article: Trump protesters, Mexican flag-wavers could bring unintended consequences for GOP race - LA Times
"While many may see it as un-American, the Mexican flag is actually used to express diversity within the United States, especially in California, where many are of Mexican heritage, the activist said.

“Protesters chose to bring out the Mexican flag to demonstrate their culture and not their nationality,” Villanueva said. “In this election year, I find the fact that people are waving Mexican flags more important than people waving American flags because of the diversity within our own American culture.”

Now, this is ironic. Southerners have been screaming about how the Confederate Battle Flag is an expression of Southern culture and pride to no avail. If you wave that flag, you're a bigot. A word of advice to the Mexican-Americans who are invoking the culture argument and disavowing nationalism when waving a national flag at heated political demonstrations: Give it up.

Mexicans are fiercely patriotic, so I don't think that would go over very well.

Then, they need to carry their asses back to Mexico. Its a third world **** hole. The country needs their help.

Perhaps they oughta be using all that energy to fix Mexico's problems.

Now, this is ironic. Southerners have been screaming about how the Confederate Battle Flag is an expression of Southern culture and pride to no avail. If you wave that flag, you're a bigot. A word of advice to the Mexican-Americans who are invoking the culture argument and disavowing nationalism when waving a national flag at heated political demonstrations: Give it up.

Political correctness has nothing to do with applying the same standard to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom