• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

President Obama's seven states of grief over gay marriage

Sigh, I'm not interested in debating my personal views especially with people who dismiss them as naive or ignorant. Nobody here is going to change my mind; I use these forums 90% of the time to express my thoughts. Whatever you think of my views and political opinions, you're clearly the ones who are way out of touch with how breadbasket America believes. See the original post again, especially if you steamrolled over it in the first place in order to hurriedly dispatch your naysaying sentiments.

I need to quote and highlight this before I leave - not to toot my own horn - but, because it's frustrating how it's not sinking in. The debate, though, it's embarrassing how easy it is for me to win, isn't the point. It's the overall fact of the matter that some people can't acknowledge. Just indulging in this mess like I did makes me feel a smack of the pettiness and baselessness that is obviously so alive among a certain faction here. It doesn't feel good. So sorry I wasted my time trying to educate. Some people will have to learn for themselves.

I need to quote and highlight this before I leave - not to toot my own horn - but, because it's frustrating how it's not sinking in. The debate, though, it's embarrassing how easy it is for me to win, isn't the point. It's the overall fact of the matter that some people can't acknowledge. Just indulging in this mess like I did makes me feel a smack of the pettiness and baselessness that is obviously so alive among a certain faction here. It doesn't feel good. So sorry I wasted my time trying to educate. Some people will have to learn for themselves.
My folks grew up in Kansas, lived in Iowa for decades, we still have relatives there. I know that the people there are just like the people elsewhere, don't try to separate yourself from all of us.

If you can't back a claim, make a point or tell the truth, it doesn't matter where you are from, people will see right through.

You make baseless assumptions that churches will be forced to marry people that they don't agree with despite a firm history that churches are allowed to refuse to wed whomever they damn well want, as they absolutely should be able to do. You provide not one iota of evidence to support your claim, but rather bring up issues where churches came into conflict because they were receiving federal or state funds for some service and were not willing to adjust their own policies to be in line with the rules for receiving those funds. These issues, btw, have nothing to do with a church or religious person being forced to perform a ceremony or rite that they don't agree with, but rather the church not wanting to play by the rules to receive government aid in order to also get funding for their activity. And yet you want to claim victory?

Hussein Obama is toast if Romney carries these states, especially Ohio and Florida:

Florida
Colorado
Ohio
Nevada
Iowa
Missouri
North Carolina

President Obama's seven states of grief over gay marriage

Read more: President Obama's seven states of grief over gay marriage - Charles Mahtesian - POLITICO.com
If Obama retains the traditional "blue states" (247 electoral votes) in 2012, he just needs another 23 votes from swing states to reach the required 270.

If Romney retains the traditional "red states" (206 electoral votes), he still needs another 64 votes from swing states to reach the required 270.

Electoral College Map Shows Romney Has Tougher Path Than Obama

Last edited:
Back on topic...I think NavyPride is right and wrong. I think there is a majority in this country albeit small majority that is still opposed to gay marriage. I also believe that will not be the determining factor in the election.
I think anyone that votes for president, especially today with all the huge challenges this country faces on ONE ISSUE...whether they are gay or straight, is a total moron.

Lordy, how did this thread get so completely off topic?

Obama WILL NOT win North Carolina.

I think he may lose Colorado too.

My friend Mint Julep lives in Florida and says she is confident he won't win FL.

I hope she is right....doesn't FL have 25 electoral votes?

Oh, here we go....it's 27.

You can scrape that blue off NC right now....
final-electoral-map1.gif

Last edited:
Lordy, how did this thread get so completely off topic?

Obama WILL NOT win North Carolina.

I think he may lose Colorado too.

My friend Mint Julep lives in Florida and says she is confident he won't win FL.

I hope she is right....doesn't FL have 25 electoral votes?

Oh, here we go....it's 27.

You can scrape that blue off NC right now....
final-electoral-map1.gif

Your friend mint julep is wishful thinking and her belief is based on her opinion not any facts....I live in florida and at this point it can go either way with obama having the edge...with the idiot R gov we have and some of the newer elected teaparty people who are not so popular anymore.

I hope you soon find a job and I think you will.........I have never been out of work.........As soon as I retired from the Navy I got a job working for the gov...

So you've pretty much lived off the government teat your entire life, right?

So you've pretty much lived off the government teat your entire life, right?

There is a great difference between working as a federal or state government employee and living on the teat. Pity you don't seem to understand the difference.

There is a great difference between working as a federal or state government employee and living on the teat. Pity you don't seem to understand the difference.

Oh, I know the difference. My point is that in spite of all his service (which is appreciated) the money he lived on came from the government.

How do I know you pay taxes? I'll have to see your W-2 before I'll take that to the bank... *Again*, I support the taxing of religious institutions. 100%.

Religious institutions must not and never will be taxed in the USA. That fact is how they are kept out of our government.

Only if they are "for-profit"...

meh... make their charitable donations and work tax free while making their tithing taxable. I'd be willing to bet if you started auditing churches you'd find the biggest network of money laundering we've seen.

Back
Top Bottom