• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

President Obama's seven states of grief over gay marriage

Democrats have won without Ohio 3 times in our nation's history. I can guarantee you Obama won't be the 4th. Are you serious? He'd have to pick up several states that are redder than Ohio, which is not going to happen. What would be your Obama plan to victory w/o FL and Ohio? Just curious.

Welcome to DP, looking forward to your input............:2wave:

The left is trying to poo poo Saddam Hussein ooops I mean Hussein Obama's coming out of the closet on the SSM issue but in their heart of hearts they know it was a bad mood on his part.......He was between a rock and a hard place because gays and liberals were holding back on their contributions to his campaign.........

Make no mistake about it this is a huge issue and it just might take Hussein Obama down..........

You're a good guy.

Navy if this issue is looked at what kills Obama a couple months from now, I will never doubt you again. Fortunately, this issue will not matter a month from now once another beam of light goes racing across the wall.
morpheus+cat_88360c_3499192.jpg

Two and a half million pink dollars in the war chest today say you are wrong. That and your track record on predictions. President Obama will sashay home! :)
What's a pink dollar?

:2wave: Thanks, though I have a feeling not many people here feel the same (as you).

You might be surprised.......The difference is most of the people on our side actually work a 40 hr week...Me I am retired and have no life...........They don't have time to spend all day in DP but their voices are heard............A lot of these lefties are kids, students or part of themillions of unemployed Hussein Obama gave us...

You might be surprised.......The difference is most of the people on our side actually work a 40 hr week...Me I am retired and have no life...........They don't have time to spend all day in DP but their voices are heard............A lot of these lefties are kids, students or part of themillions of unemployed Hussein Obama gave us...

There you go... Making stuff up again.

Ha, ha, I'm not as employed as I'd like to be. My hours were cut at my job, and I've been trying to find a second job or a new FT job. It's hard to get a job if you already have a job, even if it's a PT job! But, I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I'm not really conservative-leaning. I am conservative on a couple of social issues. I'm kind of a blue dog Democrat. I used to identify as liberal, but quit because I'm ashamed of the leftist extremists that are trying to monopolize our party. I still usually vote for Democrats; this is the first presidential race that I won't be.

Ha, ha, I'm not as employed as I'd like to be. My hours were cut at my job, and I've been trying to find a second job or a new FT job. It's hard to get a job if you already have a job, even if it's a PT job! But, I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I'm not really conservative-leaning. I am conservative on a couple of social issues. I'm kind of a blue dog Democrat. I used to identify as liberal, but quit because I'm ashamed of the leftist extremists that are trying to monopolize our party. I still usually vote for Democrats; this is the first presidential race that I won't be.

I hope you soon find a job and I think you will.........I have never been out of work.........As soon as I retired from the Navy I got a job working for the gov.....Don't give up, there are jobs out there..

I am about as far right as you can get but I consider myself and Independent and have voted for Democrats in the past...........JFK, LBJ (my biggest mistake) Senator Scoop Jackson, and our current congressman Norm Dicks...........I don't agree with him on social issues but he is good for the military and defense..........

Sadly the democratic party has moved to the whacked out left.......The Revs Jackason, Sharpton have them in their back pockets....They have to kneel at their altars because without their support they could never get the black vote

PS: I might add I have a lot of respect for the blue dog democrats.........

Last edited:
I think you're wrong about that. I live in a swing district of Ohio, one that draws a ton of campaign attention every election season because it can go either way and does.This issue will hurt Obama more than I ever thought possible. I'm seeing it in my own family. Even James Carville says that it's hurting and will not diminish in the months to come.

Also, I do think it's unfortunate because Obama has done many good things that will be undone. Unfortunately, he's putting the nail in the coffin with these social issues. My grandma for instance, socially conservative Republican who was going to vote for Obama again because she fears cuts to Medicare and SS, is now undecided. I was for Obama, but this did it for me. It's not the gay marriage issue alone; it is part of a continuous war against religion from this administration. I fear that it could become just another thing that liberal lawmakers want to impose on churches.
Does your GM know that the cuts to MC/SS are much bigger under Romney/Ryan?

Does your GM know that the cuts to MC/SS are much bigger under Romney/Ryan?

There are no cuts to MC/SS for people drawing it..........There is talk about raising the retirement age for people under 55..........Quit throwing out left wing talking points......no one believes them and it just makes you look foolish.

Some of us work 60 hour weeks and don't live off a government pension, my left-wing friend. (because you must be a liberal if you get money from the taxpayers)

Last edited:
We shall see....I definitely believe the silent majority will speak on this one and throw Hussein Obama out...........

Most of the Silent Majority has Passed away.

I was for Obama, but this did it for me. It's not the gay marriage issue alone; it is part of a continuous war against religion from this administration. I fear that it could become just another thing that liberal lawmakers want to impose on churches.

This is the part of your post that is just an irrational fear.

Imposing same sex marriage on churches is against the 1st Amendment of the Constitution, just as imposing interracial marriages on churches is.

No religious person can be forced to preside over or sign a marriage for those couples that their faith doesn't agree with. Churches are even allowed to say "we don't agree with people of your race/races getting married" and legally refuse to perform a wedding for that reason alone.

There is absolutely zero laws that could be made about this without facing immediate lawsuits on the basis of a 1st Amendment violation. The very most that could ever come from such a case for religious is all marriage licenses could be left solely for a government appointed rep (i.e. JOP, clerk) would basically be the signing party for officiant on the document.

Same sex marriage bans are more of a war against both certain religions (those that would marry same sex couples) and homosexuality, led by many religious people. Legal marriage is a contract. Legal marriage has nothing to do with religion and that is all the ssm political issue is about. Your personal marriage can be as religious or not as you and your partner want it to be.

This is the part of your post that is just an irrational fear.

Imposing same sex marriage on churches is against the 1st Amendment of the Constitution, just as imposing interracial marriages on churches is.

No religious person can be forced to preside over or sign a marriage for those couples that their faith doesn't agree with. Churches are even allowed to say "we don't agree with people of your race/races getting married" and legally refuse to perform a wedding for that reason alone.

There is absolutely zero laws that could be made about this without facing immediate lawsuits on the basis of a 1st Amendment violation. The very most that could ever come from such a case for religious is all marriage licenses could be left solely for a government appointed rep (i.e. JOP, clerk) would basically be the signing party for officiant on the document.

Same sex marriage bans are more of a war against both certain religions (those that would marry same sex couples) and homosexuality, led by many religious people. Legal marriage is a contract. Legal marriage has nothing to do with religion and that is all the ssm political issue is about. Your personal marriage can be as religious or not as you and your partner want it to be.

Call it what you want, but you're full of it if you think it's an irrational fear given what has already happened to religious organizations all over - adoption centers, shelters, food pantries, etc. from the government umbrellaed under this administration!

I think we need to tax religious organizations. I guess such logic is a "war on religion." Oh wells.

I think we need to tax religious organizations. I guess such logic is a "war on religion." Oh wells.

No, a war on religion is trying to shut down food pantries for asking patrons if they'd like to pray. I'm not against taxing religious organizations, BTW. And, I hate to tell you this, but I'm no conservative right-winger. I voted for Dennis Kucinich in the 2004 primary. I'm one of the many moderate Democratic Catholics, and, well, just moderate Democrats in general now (10% of DEMOCRATS are less likely to vote for Obama after his gay marriage statement.), who are really concerned with where this religion angle is shooting off to. I'm sorry you're so biased that you fail to see how a Catholic would be offended and worried about the Obama administration's new fixation with removing religion from our everyday lives, and, in particular, its fixation with the Catholic Church.

All of these pointed, sarcastic comments just make me more interested in trying to dissuade voters from Obama. I don't mean to brag, but I'm a smart person, and people come to me for advice on politics - and, I'll tell you, there are many undecided voters in Ohio. So, hate to tell you, but this nitpicking attack-style of debating only works against your intentions. Really, the nastiness is quite telling (I'm not talking about nastiness to me so much, but moreso to others here. I'm afraid that's where it is headed here and I'm not partaking). I'm not noticing this nearly as much from the conservative or moderate sides. I'm surprised some of it is even allowed as in the only other message board I visit warns and then bans people for less...

Last edited:
No, a war on religion is trying to shut down food pantries for asking patrons if they'd like to pray. I'm not against taxing religious organizations, BTW. And, I hate to tell you this, but I'm no conservative right-winger. I voted for Dennis Kucinich in the 2004 primary. I'm one of the many moderate Democratic Catholics, and, well, just moderate Democrats in general now (10% of DEMOCRATS are less likely to vote for Obama after his gay marriage statement.), who are really concerned with where this religion angle is shooting off to. I'm sorry you're so biased that you fail to see how a Catholic would be offended and worried about the Obama administration's new fixation with removing religion from our everyday lives, and, in particular, its fixation with the Catholic Church.

All of these pointed, sarcastic comments just make me more interested in trying to dissuade voters from Obama. I don't mean to brag, but I'm a smart person, and people come to me for advice on politics - and, I'll tell you, there are many undecided voters in Ohio. So, hate to tell you, but this nitpicking attack-style of debating only works against your intentions. Really, the nastiness is quite telling (I'm not talking about nastiness to me so much, but moreso to others here. I'm afraid that's where it is headed here and I'm not partaking). I'm not noticing this nearly as much from the conservative or moderate sides. I'm surprised some of it is even allowed as in the only other message board I visit warns and then bans people for less...

It's not a war on religion when all you want to do is seperate church and state.

It's not a war on religion when all you want to do is seperate church and state.

Yeah really.

"You're saying I can't impose my religion on the rest of the population? I'm being oppressed!!!!"

Yeah really.

"You're saying I can't impose my religion on the rest of the population? I'm being oppressed!!!!"

Who's doing that? It's more like the other way around. Everyone who was interviewed among the patrons of the food pantry that was shut down, that I read about in the Columbus Dispatch, liked having the OPTION to pray and took no offense to be asked. How is that forcing religion on anyone? Give examples, please, of what you mean by your statement.

Back
Top Bottom