• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One meal for the rest of your life.

Salad with all the fixings, lettuce, tomato, onions, cukes, spicy chickpeas, hard boiled egg, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Salad with all the fixings, lettuce, tomato, onions, cukes, spicy chickpeas, hard boiled egg, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.

That's a good idea. The Everything Salad. One of every single piece of food ever prepared in the history of mankind in a (very large) bowl.

I may not eat it all.

Medium rare well marbled ribeye steak with au gratin potatoes, and asparagus with a loaded green salad with a creamy Italian dressing on the side a small cup of Italian chili soup and a chocolate mouse pie. That's my meal.

I should have said "one dish" not "one meal." I should have known that some rules lawyer would steal another forty years of life ...

That's a good idea. The Everything Salad. One of every single piece of food ever prepared in the history of mankind in a (very large) bowl.

I may not eat it all.

Another rules lawyer.

I'm going to cite Rule 1, it can't be a class of food. It has to be a single dish. If people can't choose Pizza in its many varieties, then you can't choose "whatever I like from the Whole Foods dumpster, I'm calling it a salad."

One dish, and you have to eat it all, every time.

Another rules lawyer.

I'm going to cite Rule 1, it can't be a class of food. It has to be a single dish. If people can't choose Pizza in its many varieties, then you can't choose "whatever I like from the Whole Foods dumpster, I'm calling it a salad."

One dish, and you have to eat it all, every time.

Fine.

Tacos.

Wonder if I could survive on Mac n cheese?
I consider it a 'meal' in itself, and will never turn it down.

If you had to eat only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Rules:
  1. It can't be a class of food like "pizza". If you choose pizza, it has to be Neopolitan, Hawaiian, etc.
  2. It can't include drinks on the side, or vitamin pills.
  3. It can't be space food. That has added vitamins.

My choice is green salad, with 2% black olives and 5% feta cheese.
Surf and turf with asparagus, cauliflower and a caesar salad with homemade crusty bread. If I'm gonna' die from what I eat, I at least want to be happy about it.

Shrimp Scampi with baked potato - butter & sour cream; Red Lobster's biscuits; key lime pie.

And since we're being very picky - shrimp scampi

probably something that is nutritionally complete. Otherwise, I would be inviting all sorts of issues due to missing nutrients.

Medium steak with butter, two over-easy eggs and half of an avocado with salt.

If it doesn't include a drink, then the rest of my life will likely be fairly short. What's the trick? Should I say oranges so that I don't die of thirst or scurvy? Can I soak the orange in vodka occasionally so that I don't die of boredom?
Use a syringe to inject the orange. That's what my mom and her fellow nursing students did before football games. No, really.

A Maurice salad. Love the green olives and gherkins. A great combo. There was a cafe in town that I used to frequent and they had the best Maurice Salad but it's gone now. One time when my son was in college for his Birthday I took 2 of them up to where he lived. A taste from home. He loved it.

Duck Confit with Frites and a Green Salad.

IMG_0669 (1).jpg

The OP specified "meal," so:

1. Salad
2. French onion or hot and sour soup
3. Escargot
4. Alaskan king crab (already "butterflied")
5. Key lime pie. Maybe. I think of salad as dessert and sometimes save it for last while everybody else is eating tiramisu.

Use a syringe to inject the orange. That's what my mom and her fellow nursing students did before football games. No, really.
That's a good trick. I hadn't heard of that one.

Being a Texan, I would say BBQ pork with a side of cole slaw and tater tots.

I should have said "one dish" not "one meal." I should have known that some rules lawyer would steal another forty years of life ...
OK I'll play.

meatball and fried egg banh-mi, Its a Vietnamese sandwich with the standard of toasted baguette slathered with butter, mayo and fish sauce. Plus the usual veggies of lemongrass, coriander, basil, spinach, carrots, radish and onions.

Or

Spinach, kale and sausage lasagna- the meat sauce also includes carrots, celery, onions, garlic.

OK I'll play.

meatball and fried egg banh-mi, Its a Vietnamese sandwich with the standard of toasted baguette slathered with butter, mayo and fish sauce. Plus the usual veggies of lemongrass, coriander, basil, spinach, carrots, radish and onions.

Or

Spinach, kale and sausage lasagna- the meat sauce also includes carrots, celery, onions, garlic.

What? no apple.

I know you said Pizza off the table but it would be pizza and to fit rules ill make it a specific pizza with onions, peppers, chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, mozzarella (possibly smoked)
Covers all the food groups and is also good hot or cold the next day

Back
Top Bottom