• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One meal for the rest of your life.

Ug make hammer

Dawn Sky Miner
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
If you had to eat only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Rules:
  1. It can't be a class of food like "pizza". If you choose pizza, it has to be Neopolitan, Hawaiian, etc.
  2. It can't include drinks on the side, or vitamin pills.
  3. It can't be space food. That has added vitamins.

My choice is green salad, with 2% black olives and 5% feta cheese.

If it doesn't include a drink, then the rest of my life will likely be fairly short. What's the trick? Should I say oranges so that I don't die of thirst or scurvy? Can I soak the orange in vodka occasionally so that I don't die of boredom?

Chicken wings, fried crispy and dry...hot sauce on the side. With a side of fresh hand cut fries and malt vinegar...........clearly it wouldn't be a long rest of my life

Intriguing mind game that one. So let me be the first:

Likely a chicken dinner, maybe a roasted chicken, or roasted chicken breast. Seasoned of course. A starch, so rice or pasta (don't care for potato). A vegetable, I love asparagus but also carrots, I would pick on or the other.

If it doesn't include a drink, then the rest of my life will likely be fairly short. What's the trick? Should I say oranges so that I don't die of thirst or scurvy? Can I soak the orange in vodka occasionally so that I don't die of boredom?
Maybe drinks are "implied" so he asking about the food part. In which case, bring on the Jack Daniels.

Chicken wings, fried crispy and dry...hot sauce on the side. With a side of fresh hand cut fries and malt vinegar...........clearly it wouldn't be a long rest of my life
Sure it would be on THAT meal ;)

“…….
We bought ten pounds of brown rice and five more of beans
And five pounds of Granola and you know what that means
I'm just a regular fella with the chicken cordon bleus….”

A hamburger with lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles, onions, and mustard

Maybe drinks are "implied" so he asking about the food part. In which case, bring on the Jack Daniels.
He specified no drinks on the side. I figured out a way around that, though: I would request that my sole dish be served underwater in a filtered freshwater pool. Given this, I will not die of thirst. Instead, I will die of drowning.

Rules:
  1. It can't be a class of food like "pizza". If you choose pizza, it has to be Neopolitan, Hawaiian, etc.

Leftovers.

Rules:

You call that living?

“…….
We bought ten pounds of brown rice and five more of beans
And five pounds of Granola and you know what that means
I'm just a regular fella with the chicken cordon bleus….”

I have all of Steve's albums, he was an amazing performer!

Rules:

Oatmeal. If I am going to be stuck with one food, I will take a food that is already dull, rather than taking one of my favorite foods and reducing it to drudgery. That way I will at least be able to treasure the memory of the foods I used to be able to enjoy.

Barring dying of thirst, I'd probably pick a fully loaded sandwich like a Subway club or a McDonald's Daily Double. I think that I could do ok with those. If weight and heart disease are not factors, maybe a Red Lobster Admiral's feast. I'll bet that one has a day's worth of nutrients plus a gallon of fat and a shitload of salt.

Simple...
A full course meal with 3 kinds of meats, an array of vegetables and fruits and of course a variety of fresh non commercially made breads.
Drink offerings of plain water, unsweet tea, coffee and variety of craft beer.

Perfect.

Sounds like a nice, full Basque dinner.

A hamburger with lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles, onions, and mustard

Good choice. You might get tired of the pickles and mustard, but you probably won't die of malnutrition.

Good choice. You might get tired of the pickles and mustard, but you probably won't die of malnutrition.

The pickles have good fiber, and the mustard has some good nutrients in it. Not sure if there would be enough mustard for that to really matter, but that is why i threw it in there.

You can drink water, obviously.

But if you choose "oranges soaked in vodka" you're not going to die of scurvy or boredom. You're going to die of liver cirrhosis.

Rules:

Medium rare well marbled ribeye steak with au gratin potatoes, and asparagus with a loaded green salad with a creamy Italian dressing on the side a small cup of Italian chili soup and a chocolate mouse pie. That's my meal.

You can drink water, obviously.

But if you choose "oranges soaked in vodka" you're not going to die of scurvy or boredom. You're going to die of liver cirrhosis.
I wouldn't soak every orange.

A tuna sandwich loaded with novichok.

It's difficult to imagine a scenario with those rules that's worth continuing.

I've had a good run, and I do like tuna.

The pickles have good fiber, and the mustard has some good nutrients in it. Not sure if there would be enough mustard for that to really matter, but that is why i threw it in there.

Pickles are vegetables, pickled, so I guess they do have fiber. Mustard is a seed, but I'd be worried about the long term effects on your gut.

Still a good choice. Your hamburger has all the major food groups in it.

I wouldn't soak every orange.

Then you're breaking the rules. I said ONE meal for the rest of your life.

Enjoy your kwashiorkor (chronic protein deficiency) and be happy that you'll never get scurvy!

Back
Top Bottom