• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's golf outing forces soldiers to relocate wedding

This is the kind of stuff that makes it really difficult for me to take partisans seriously.

This is big news. Thank you for posting.

True, but still, someone on the White House scheduling team really blew it (Obama doesn't do the scheduling, right?), considering that the White House was informed in advance as the Obama's were invited to the ceremony.

So, I guess, once that Obama was informed by the scheduling team what had happened, he called to apologize (I'm guessing after the fact, and after he found out, but if he knew about it before he went golfing, shame on him. He should have rescheduled his golf, don't you think?)

OK. Fine. **** happens. Problem is, this type of incompetence seems to happen with this administration far far too often.
You'd think that they'd start getting better at doing their jobs.
You'd think that Obama would start kicking some asses in there to hold them accountable for their often repeated miserable performance.
But none of that seems to be forthcoming either.

Failures by those that shouldn't, and a failure enabler in chief as a leader.

A lot of assuming that is counter to the facts there. My guess is you just skimmed the links or didn't bother to read them at all. But hey feel free to ignore the facts like the two other folks here that just want to read what they desperately want to believe.

what dishonesty? they had to move their entire wedding 24 hours before the wedding because Obama couldn't delay his tee time a few hours.
It didn't say that Obama moved them or paid to have them move.

the golf course relocated them. what is worse is that they had asked Obama to come to the wedding and he declined. yet he could kick them off where they were
at so he could golf during her wedding.

yea sounds like an jerk to me.

The disease is making its rounds!

what dishonesty? they had to move their entire wedding 24 hours before the wedding because Obama couldn't delay his tee time a few hours.

They were given a free upgrade on Obama's dime. Not to mention a personal apology, from the President himself. I can't speak for the administration or who plans the schedule (I also don't follow what the President does every day) so I don't know if you could move his golfing time a few hours later. From what I can gather, he was golfing with the Maylasian Prime Minister.

It didn't say that Obama moved them or paid to have them move.

You're right, and I was wrong. I was under the impression Obama footed the bill on that. After reading into it more I was proven wrong. I apologize.

the golf course relocated them. what is worse is that they had asked Obama to come to the wedding and he declined. yet he could kick them off where they were at so he could golf during her wedding.

He wasn't the only one there golfing. He was meeting with the PM of Maylasia.

yea sounds like an jerk to me.

Whatever you say, friend.

In otherwards "i ain't cuttin' that n***er liberal president, who I absolutely despise, any slack just because I ignored the facts!"

I see this whole thing as being pretty silly but I also don't think it's because NP is racist. He would have posted the exact same thing about any liberal/Democrat president. It's an ideology thing, not a race thing.

They were given a free upgrade on Obama's dime. Not to mention a personal apology, from the President himself. I can't speak for the administration or who plans the schedule (I also don't follow what the President does every day) so I don't know if you could move his golfing time a few hours later. From what I can gather, he was golfing with the Maylasian Prime Minister.

show me where it says that in the article it doesn't say that at all. it says they were moved to another location. no where does it say that he paid for himself or anything else. I have already checked 2 or 3 other articles no where does it mention he paid for it.

if he couldn't move it then cancel it for another day. I see no where in any article that he was golfing with anyone you are just making stuff up.

You're right, and I was wrong. I was under the impression Obama footed the bill on that. After reading into it more I was proven wrong. I apologize.
He wasn't the only one there golfing. He was meeting with the PM of Maylasia.
Whatever you say, friend.

yea he is a jerk. who kicks one of their soldiers wedding?
more so when they asked him to show up and he declined only to find out they have to move so he can golf.

again I see nothing in the article or in any other article that he was golfing with anyone.
it was a jerk move just admit it and feel better about yourself.

show me where it says that in the article it doesn't say that at all. it says they were moved to another location. no where does it say that he paid for himself or anything else. I have already checked 2 or 3 other articles no where does it mention he paid for it.

if he couldn't move it then cancel it for another day. I see no where in any article that he was golfing with anyone you are just making stuff up.

yea he is a jerk. who kicks one of their soldiers wedding?
more so when they asked him to show up and he declined only to find out they have to move so he can golf.

again I see nothing in the article or in any other article that he was golfing with anyone.
it was a jerk move just admit it and feel better about yourself.

The only thing I will admit is my last post was a jumbled up mess. I was misinformed on Obama paying for the relocation of the wedding. I did the research mid-post and failed to correct it. I can admit that it was a flub up on my end.

However, I will not say what Obama did was a jerk move. I am not aware of the logistics of planning the day of the POTUS, but he was with the Prime Minister of another country who I am also unaware of the logistics of planning his day as well. **** happens, and as it turns out the wedding couple ended up winning big because of it. Get over it.

Obama golf game prompts relocation of Army wedding - Washington Times

The only thing I will admit is my last post was a jumbled up mess. I was misinformed on Obama paying for the relocation of the wedding. I did the research mid-post and failed to correct it. I can admit that it was a flub up on my end.

of course how dare democrats ever criticize their savior of the party Obama. I mean they might get labeled a racist if they ever did such a thing.

However, I will not say what Obama did was a jerk move. I am not aware of the logistics of planning the day of the POTUS, but he was with the Prime Minister of another country who I am also unaware of the logistics of planning his day as well. **** happens, and as it turns out the wedding couple ended up winning big because of it. Get over it.

Obama golf game prompts relocation of Army wedding - Washington Times
[/QUOTE]

If it was some CEO or some republican you would be crying your liberal heart out at what a jerk he was, but if Obama does it fine ok we over look it because to say something negative about the president is means your a racists because he is black.

it was a jerk move. who care what his logistics where. he should have had the common courteously to one of his soldiers to either delay his tee time or schedule it for a different time.
more so when he was actually invited to the wedding but decline to show up but then kicks them out of their spot because he wants to play golf.

you can't be more jerkish than that, but that is what I expect out of this guy.

Sorry I can't attend your wedding then a few hours later they get a letter.
We are sorry but due to the president wanting to golf you have to move your wedding.

yea total jerk and a total lack of respect for the people he expects to lay down their life for him.

So you think it's perfectly okay to accuse conservatives of being racists for criticizing B.O.

Legitimate criticism, no of course not. Mindless criticism, eh. Non-stop mindless and false criticism that has some underlying tinge of anger, seems perfectly okay to me. And I do enjoy the way conservatives obediently express umbrage at the mere thought someone could be a racist. does racism not exist? did it ever? ooo, don’t answer that second one. Maybe Navy Pride is not a racist but his posts don’t justify your obedient sense of umbrage.

Why hasn't Obama spoke out on this travesty Or talked to the President of Mexico to get him released...Oh wait, I forgot the Marine is not Black...Obama does not speak up for white people...........my bad.

I also found his criticism (as well as others) of the First Lady over the line.

From several news sources the president and the White House knew nothing about the wedding and the couple had been warned in advanced that they might have to move it. All this amounts to is bad optics, nothing sinister. If the Golf Course had told the president, he probably would have changed his tee time. But that is speculation on my part.

for me the bottom line is there is nothing to get upset about here. Stuff happens, blame it on the golf course manager if one must assign blame.

Oh brother, they just moved to a different part of the golf course. It wasn't like Obama tried to toast the bride with a Cosby drink.

Why didnt they move him to a different part of the golf course?

In otherwards "i ain't cuttin' that n***er liberal president, who I absolutely despise, any slack just because I ignored the facts!"

So... why do you think Obama is a nigger?

From several news sources the president and the White House knew nothing about the wedding and the couple had been warned in advanced that they might have to move it. All this amounts to is bad optics, nothing sinister. If the Golf Course had told the president, he probably would have changed his tee time. But that is speculation on my part.

for me the bottom line is there is nothing to get upset about here. Stuff happens, blame it on the golf course manager if one must assign blame.

Well thats the issue isnt it. We treat the President like a King, such that if he comes rolling through, everyone has to move out of the way, whether its disrupting someones wedding, or new york traffic. It has nothing to do with Obama, but with the elevation of the office to something more important than it is. They are OUR servants. They can get out of OUR way.

Well thats the issue isnt it. We treat the President like a King, such that if he comes rolling through, everyone has to move out of the way, whether its disrupting someones wedding, or new york traffic. It has nothing to do with Obama, but with the elevation of the office to something more important than it is. They are OUR servants. They can get out of OUR way.

That is not going to happen. It is human nature when the president, senator, congressman, anyone in high authority to abide by their wishes or in this case, a golf game. In the military it is called RHIP, rank has its privileges. You will find the same thing happening there. Generals taking priority. Most of the time it is like the president, they knew or know nothing about it. Chances are if the president or any high ranking official knew, 90% of the time they would change their schedule. It is the underlings that keep these things from the high ranking official is where the problem lies.

Why didnt they move him to a different part of the golf course?

Security issues, I would assume. Heads of State don't usually just get to drop in for 18 holes. It has to be planned out, in advance, by Secret Service, to make sure that there are no issues with security.

Its so much fun to get our friends on the left panties in a bunch........:lamo

LOL......are you so oblivious to the fact that it us laughing at you ODS crowd who look for any possible "scandal" to try to spin into something. What?...are you realizing that Benghazi hasn't worked for you guys yet?
Too funny!

I say the GOP needs to launch another billion dollar investigation into GolfGate. We need to know, What he knew, When he knew, and how many blades of grass were killed by the golf cleats.

I say the GOP needs to launch another billion dollar investigation into GolfGate. We need to know, What he knew, When he knew, and how many blades of grass were killed by the golf cleats.

On the bright side, nobody died this time!

Back
Top Bottom