• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obamacare's check-up[W:180]

So the missing $2500 savings was based on the public option that he campaigned on, or didn't campaign on according to him. It would have happened had the bill he presented that included the public option got passed by the Senate, but it wasn't in the bill, and it was never actually presented.

It's like watching a freaking tennis match.

Obama failed epically, and lied repeatedly, and there is no cover he can be offered.

Which RW sources do I read? Come on - you keep repeating the claim. Now back it up.

Oh lots of people feel as I do. Look at the threads. ;)

By the way, parroting my post is a sign that you have no words of your own. I'll accept your defeat.

How would I know what you read? You never have told us. But you have parroted right wing talking points, like the 'promise' of $2500 savings. You got that from somewhere.

I'm sure a lot of people feel as you do. A lot of people feel that evolution cant be real because they didnt have a monkey as a granddaddy either.

Nope. Chances are excellent that when you resort to restating something to suit yourself, you aren't restating. Don't tell me you're the kind of guy that won't answer a direct question, but will answer the question you would have preferred was asked. Don't tell me that. I'd hate that.
Reminds me of weasels

Reminds me of Sangha ... six of one etc.

The Senate Democrats passed the ACA without a single Republican vote. The Republicans had nothing to do with the lack of a public option. Obama himself baked off the public option and then went on to say it was the most "important" part anyway.

Want some non-RW links to refresh your memory?

Obama failed and he lied. If you were even remotely honest you would admit that.

I didnt say the Republicans killed the public option. That was Dem Senators all by themselves, although they did it partially to try to get some votes out of the GOP, which ended up not happening.

How would I know what you read? You never have told us. But you have parroted right wing talking points, like the 'promise' of $2500 savings. You got that from somewhere.

I'm sure a lot of people feel as you do. A lot of people feel that evolution cant be real because they didnt have a monkey as a granddaddy either.

If you admit to not knowing what I read, then where do you get off claiming I read RW sites?

I'm not parroting anything. He said it, and he has been called out repeatedly on his lie. I'm not an idiot.

By the way, you say he campaigned on the public option, and he said he didn't. Which one of you is lying?

Well, even though you didn't post the transcript, I have taken pity on you and will try to prevent your eyes from completely rolling out of your head. Nowhere in that speech that I've seen does Obama retract his lie or admit it. There. Your eyes are safe for the moment. Again, you're welcome.

I'll wait until you can provide a quote with Obama saying that ACA would save everyone $2500/yr. Until then, I'll consider it one of the many lies the right is telling about Obama and ACA

If you admit to not knowing what I read, then where do you get off claiming I read RW sites?

I'm not parroting anything. He said it, and he has been called out repeatedly on his lie. I'm not an idiot.

By the way, you say he campaigned on the public option, and he said he didn't. Which one of you is lying?

The $2500 thing is a meme that has shown up fairly recently over the last year in the wingnutosphere like Sean Hannity. Look it up. You wont see it in the news or on a website before, say 2013, much, if at all. My quick search turned up nothing.

So I dont know where you got it, but you certainly have grabbed onto it like a dog with a bone. I've very carefullly explained to you why it really cant be characterized as a lie, and you continue to tell me that other people call it a lie, so therefore its a lie.

You claim you're not an idiot, but I'll be honest, you're starting to make me wonder. I dont think I can explain this concept to you any more clearly. My job largely consists of communicating very complex information to people in a simple way. I seem to be pretty good at doing that. But for the life of me, I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

He said his plan would save that much money. His plan was not implemented, the ACA was. He never claimed after 10/2008 that families would save $2500, despite your desperate belief that he really, really meant it. Therefore, calling his claim that all families would save $2500 with the ACA a lie is demonstrably untrue.

As far as the public optiion, you'll hvae to go back and read my link that you are too scared to open.

The $2500 thing is a meme that has shown up fairly recently over the last year in the wingnutosphere like Sean Hannity. Look it up. You wont see it in the news or on a website before, say 2013, much, if at all. My quick search turned up nothing.

I got it on the first hit when I searched. And please, don't lie and blame it on Fox news, that's just BS and here's why:

Where

Watch the video, he says it over, and over, and over, and over, and over and on a campaign ad, an over, and over.... that's where the meme started, from Obama's own mouth. Mmmkay?

Heh. Just like I don't know what job I might have lost had Obama not saved it. I should inform you that the moon was about to explode last night. Were it not for my herculean efforts, we wouldn't exist as a planet today. You're welcome. I'm a wonderful guy.

It's not like HC insurance costs have increased at all before the ACA. Why couldn't they have just left things the way they were. Like GW Bush did. Your analogy is a fail.

080201singer-chart1.jpg

I got it on the first hit when I searched. And please, don't lie and blame it on Fox news, that's just BS and here's why:

Where

Watch the video, he says it over, and over, and over, and over, and over and on a campaign ad, an over, and over.... that's where the meme started, from Obama's own mouth. Mmmkay?

You must know the right right wing nutbag sites to search. I salute you.

Maybe I'm wrong, and this $2500 meme has been a thing all along. First I heard it was last year, and looked into it and was surprised it was based upon a campaign promise for his proposed plan, not the actual, you know, ACA.

Obamacare's check-up

Maybe I'm wrong, and this $2500 meme has been a thing all along. First I heard it was last year, and looked into it and was surprised it was based upon a campaign promise for his proposed plan, not the actual, you know, ACA.

It was right out of Obama's mouth!!! Watch the video, it's not faked.

Because it's now in effect, and it's not doing that.

Wow that was a tough one!

As I explained before, it's NOT his original plan. It's the Congressional plan that was passed. He never said that about the ACA that is law right now.

You may not know this, but large legislative pieces generally get substantially altered by Congress as they go through the process from proposal to law.

So I dont know where you got it, but you certainly have grabbed onto it like a dog with a bone. I've very carefullly explained to you why it really cant be characterized as a lie, and you continue to tell me that other people call it a lie, so therefore its a lie.

You claim you're not an idiot, but I'll be honest, you're starting to make me wonder. I dont think I can explain this concept to you any more clearly. My job largely consists of communicating very complex information to people in a simple way. I seem to be pretty good at doing that. But for the life of me, I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

He said his plan would save that much money. His plan was not implemented, the ACA was. He never claimed after 10/2008 that families would save $2500, despite your desperate belief that he really, really meant it. Therefore, calling his claim that all families would save $2500 with the ACA a lie is demonstrably untrue.

As far as the public optiion, you'll hvae to go back and read my link that you are too scared to open.

Ah, so now I got this from Sean Hannity?

No, it turned up long before last year. Did you sleep through the 2008 elections? I didn't. I watched CNN religiously (you know, that RW channel) to see what went on every day during the election cycle. I saw clips of Obama repeatedly.

You said he was talking about a public option in his campaign rallies. He said in 2009 that he was not. Which one of you is telling the truth? It can't be both because you are claiming two different things.

Then you're one of the few people in the country who is interested in politics who didn't know about it.

Why did he say he didn't campaign on a public option when you're now claiming he did, although you're also claiming to not know the man repeatedly promised to lower costs by $2500?

Obamacare's check-up

As I explained before, it's NOT his original plan. It's the Congressional plan that was passed. He never said that about the ACA that is law right now.

You may not know this, but large legislative pieces generally get substantially altered by Congress as they go through the process from proposal to law.

Like it or not, it IS Obama's plan, and he lied.

Was 'weapons of mass destruction' Bush's lie? Of course it was.

The sitting president, in this case Obama, owns this mess.

Ah, so now I got this from Sean Hannity?

No, it turned up long before last year. Did you sleep through the 2008 elections? I didn't. I watched CNN religiously (you know, that RW channel) to see what went on every day during the election cycle. I saw clips of Obama repeatedly.

You said he was talking about a public option in his campaign rallies. He said in 2009 that he was not. Which one of you is telling the truth? It can't be both because you are claiming two different things.

The key words are:

every day during the election cycle.

The ACA was done post election with some major Congressional wrangling. You'd think if you watched CNN every day you'd know that.

As for the public option, I guess you cant look that up yourself or bear to go to the link I posted before (such drama!), so since i see the WaPo is on your 'safe sites' list, I'll give you this:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/03/22/whatever-happened-to-the-public-option/

As you can read, the PO was very much a part of the plan before being quashed by Ben Nelson et al. If Obama says it wasnt, then he is not being truthful. I dont know if it was part of his rallies, because I never watch that stuff (you were watching every day.. you must have an opinion on this, no?) but it was certainly part of his 'plan'. I'm sure there was tons of other stuff in his plan too that got cut or changed or expanded. Thats why the plan in 2008 was not the plan in 2010. And I cant help but note, yet another time, that he never said the ACA would save the average family $2500.

Last edited:
The key words are:

every day during the election cycle.

The ACA was done post election with some major Congressional wrangling. You'd think if you watched CNN every day you'd know that.

You are intentionally ignoring the question so let me repeat it for you.

You said he campaigned on a public option, he said he did not - which one of you is a liar?

Back
Top Bottom