• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Navy destroyer opens fire after ‘harassing’ behavior by Iranian patrol boats [W:130]

Re: Navy destroyer opens fire after ‘harassing’ behavior by Iranian patrol boats

For first YEs they do need to move through turkish waters unless they want a navy about as big as canadas due to how restrictive their northern waters are, and want to travel halfway around the globe to reach a country near them due to turkish restriction, they could develope the most eleborate logistics system that makes all other countries combined look like amqateurs, or they could simply kiss ass to turkey, guess which is more feasable.

Now you're intentionally DODGING the point and inverting reality. Russia sanctioned Turkey, and now Turkey is kissing Russia's ass. In fact, just about everywhere is kissing Russia's ass, particularly the Middle-East.

You need to google the definition of moving the goalposts, that more or less expands on the original argument, and to why they are agressive selectively in certain areas. Moving the goalpost man just google enough said.

Sea above quote me then copy paste but no rebuttal, again what agression has russia started against us, and what have we started against them, best you will find is crimea and georgia, in one we actually caused the problem, the other georgia was really not innocent either. Then you have syria, iraq, libya, somalia, all of south america, vietnam, wait it seems the united states has been the most aggressive country on the entire globe since ww2, but please give a rebuttal, again anything logical, I am all ears.

Quit trying to change the subject to America.

Re: Navy destroyer opens fire after ‘harassing’ behavior by Iranian patrol boats

Your cherry picked garbage didn't make your argument. You described Islam, but you didn't establish anything distinct from Judaism or Christianity. Actually, you didn't cite anything from the Quran.

Here's an actual look:

Women in Islam Versus Women in Christianity and Judaism - A comparative Study

Women were treated as property back then. That was how society was structured. You seem to not understand that the Torah, the Bible, and the Quran all treat women as subservient. This is necessitated by the contexts of their origins.

We were talking about misogamy as it applies to Sharia law. You went on with some idiotic nonsense about .... Let me just quote it:
For one, hadiths are generally denomination-specific and do not necessarily represent Islam on the whole. For two, you're neglecting to address the horrible **** said in the Torah and the Bible about women. You could take almost any book written thousands of years ago and find some sexist **** in it.

Now what part of that steaming pile of verbiage has to do with Sharia law or the honor killings in Iran, or any other country that allows honor killings such as the list that was on the links that I posted that you didn't look at?

About time. One thing I expect to change under Trump, for better or worse, is the extremely cautious and restrictive approach we've taken towards this incessant harassment.

About time. One thing I expect to change under Trump, for better or worse, is the extremely cautious and restrictive approach we've taken towards this incessant harassment.
True. Anyone that thinks trump will not get us into more conflicts is delusional.

Navy destroyer opens fire after ‘harassing’ behavior by Iranian patrol boats [W:130]

We were talking about misogamy as it applies to Sharia law. You went on with some idiotic nonsense about .... Let me just quote it:

Now what part of that steaming pile of verbiage has to do with Sharia law or the honor killings in Iran, or any other country that allows honor killings such as the list that was on the links that I posted that you didn't look at?

You put up a picture of a woman wearing t-shirt supportive of Islam next to a woman who was holding a sign. You acted like these two are incompatible because you are erroneously holding a literalist interpretation of a subset of Islam against all of Islam.

Furthermore, the things you're complaining about, things in compliance with misogyny, are also mirrored in other religious texts. So, without realizing it, you're saying that, when you imply that your picture is so absurd that it's hilarious, that every Christian and Jewish person who is against misogyny is a hypocrite.

Funny how Trump supporters recognized the idiocy of the statement when it was used practically verbatim by somebody else, wasn't it? That's some serious cult-level **** happening on their part.

Not a trump supporter.... you would look far more clever if you could answer ANY of the questions posed to you. but your goal was to make yourself feel clever.... Didn't pan out, sorry not sorry.

Good relations with Russia good.

Good relations with iran bad

Good relations with saudi arabia bad

Good relations with massive human rights violating, bigoted, homophobic, islamic-fascist theocracies bad.

You see the difference, which is why you cower away from answering the obvious questions as you do. This wasn't a discussion, but really a self aggrandized "gotcha" fail.

Iran has been snubbing thier nose at us ever since this feckless liberal beta administration handed them everything in return for nothing. This is simply more of that,.

Last edited:

I'm sure. If the Iranians had shoulder fired missiles, the Phalanx CIWS (a close-in weapon system for just such situations) may not get a lock quick enough and if the missile explodes close enough it doesn't have to hit the ship to injure or kill crew, or damage exposed radar and other critical electronic systems.

I cant imagine they would, knowing the punishment they would get. Irans game is more about extortion and harassment than actual harm.

True. Anyone that thinks trump will not get us into more conflicts is delusional.

At this point, we have to wait and see. We have no record or ideology to go on with him.

And being a "beta cuck" to Russia is how it happens?

Are we handing Russia uranium, billions of dollars and ignoring thier religious zealotry with stoning of women and gays?

Iran is emboldened by Obama's actions of late, handing them everything, then lobbing a grenade at isreal. this isn't a test of trump but a show of force to Obama

It's OK folks.

It's only Iran. They are the new darlings of the left.

Thank god it isn't Russia!

When is Trump gonna fire a twitter broadside at the Iranians?

When his eldest daughter asks him to.

'Please Daddy, do a twitter on Iran...for me. And for the umpteenth time...stop calling me 'my little Monica Lewinsky'.

For you, a "good relationship" with Russia seems to be one where they commit felony crimes without answering for them. I've never known the right to be as cowardly as they are today.

That's pretty dumb. on one hand you have a rogue regieme, stoning gays and women to death, running naval harrassment of US ships, on the otherhand you have complete speculation of the russian government hacking and exposing the crimes, and collusion of a private political entity...

That's pretty dumb. on one hand you have a rogue regieme, stoning gays and women to death, running naval harrassment of US ships, on the otherhand you have complete speculation of the russian government hacking and exposing the crimes, and collusion of a private political entity...

So? We incarcerate people for growing plants and let opioid drug kingpins rake in cash legally. Thanks to Sessions, that'll probably get even more ridiculous.

Their justice system doesn't justify open warfare. You sound like you just want to pick a fight. That's like an insecure loser's midlife crisis, not United States foreign policy.

So? We incarcerate people for growing plants and let opioid drug kingpins rake in cash legally. Thanks to Sessions, that'll probably get even more ridiculous.

Their justice system doesn't justify open warfare. You sound like you just want to pick a fight. That's like an insecure loser's midlife crisis, not United States foreign policy.

Wait so you are saying we are just as bad as Iran?

You do realize as you type this, your president is amassing troops on the Russian border, right?

So your of the opinion that it's ok to be friends with Iran because the USA is just as bad as Iran.... I sir, disagree.

Are we handing Russia uranium, billions of dollars and ignoring thier religious zealotry with stoning of women and gays?

Iran is emboldened by Obama's actions of late, handing them everything, then lobbing a grenade at isreal. this isn't a test of trump but a show of force to Obama

And how exactly have we "lobbed a grenade at Israel"?

Not to mention, of course, it's not exactly good to be gay in Putin's Russia. I don't think they've gone back to locking everybody up in prison camps en masse yet, but it being Russia that's always an option.

And how exactly have we "lobbed a grenade at Israel"?

Not to mention, of course, it's not exactly good to be gay in Putin's Russia. I don't think they've gone back to locking everybody up in prison camps en masse yet, but it being Russia that's always an option.

failing the traditional vote at the UN.

very reckless of this administration.

while we are at it....

ammasing troops at the russian border. very reckless.

claiming proof of government hacks by russian government without showing actual proof, very reckless.

He's stirring a lot of **** before he leaves.

Russia still has ways to go treating peoples equally, but they are not stoning them to death by government command...... It's odd you do not see the difference.

Wait so you are saying we are just as bad as Iran?

... no, i'm saying that virtually any culture can have an abhorrent practice from the perspective of another.

You do realize as you type this, your president is amassing troops on the Russian border, right?

What the **** are you talking about? Lol!! Focus please.

So your of the opinion that it's ok to be friends with Iran because the USA is just as bad as Iran.... I sir, disagree.

Uhh, no, it's that we shouldn't invade a country for driving a couple boats around and having a different set of cultural values.

You do realize that a hundred years ago, in this country, women were not considered citizens... right...?

... no, i'm saying that virtually any culture can have an abhorrent practice from the perspective of another.

What the **** are you talking about? Lol!! Focus please.

Uhh, no, it's that we shouldn't invade a country for driving a couple boats around and having a different set of cultural values.

You do realize that a hundred years ago, in this country, women were not considered citizens... right...?

I've never advocated invasion. you guys are the neocon warhawks. not me.

failing the traditional vote at the UN.

very reckless of this administration.

while we are at it....

ammasing troops at the russian border. very reckless.

claiming proof of government hacks by russian government without showing actual proof, very reckless.

He's stirring a lot of **** before he leaves.

Russia still has ways to go treating peoples equally, but they are not stoning them to death by government command...... It's odd you do not see the difference.

The "traditional vote at the UN" is meaningless. That's not a grenade. That's not even a paper airplane. It's nothing.

I hate to break it to you, but we are allowed to send troops to defend our allies, especially given how land hungry and aggressive Russia under Putin has been.

Both sides have massed troops in the past; both sides will continue to do so.

Given that even Donald Trump's administration admitted the Russians were responsible for the hacks......that's a non starter.

No, they are just murdering journalists who dare criticize Putin.

The "traditional vote at the UN" is meaningless. That's not a grenade. That's not even a paper airplane. It's nothing.

I hate to break it to you, but we are allowed to send troops to defend our allies, especially given how land hungry and aggressive Russia under Putin has been.

Both sides have massed troops in the past; both sides will continue to do so.

Given that even Donald Trump's administration admitted the Russians were responsible for the hacks......that's a non starter.

No, they are just murdering journalists who dare criticize Putin.

link?

Spoken like a true warmonger.

I'd make sure they were more concerned about having a good relationship with us. Their boat gets a single warning over international radio channels. Then they get sunk. We go into international waters with a single security policy, "harass our navy at your own risk".

So you have ten people, mostly speculative..... I think that's less than the clintons, no?

Seeing as nobody has ever proven the Clintons' have had anyone killed.....your math needs a lot of work.

Back
Top Bottom