• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLB 2024

I think it's about time to start a baseball thread for this season. Pitchers and catchers reporting in 3 weeks and there are still a lot of top free agents unsigned. Guess a lot of clubs are tightening their purse strings this season.
I'm a born and raised White Sox fan who lost interest last year. I don't have much interest this year. I cancelled my MLB subscription and bought an MiLB subscription. The local Triple-A Aces had an exciting 2023, and they probably could have beaten the White Sox. Do you follow the local Corpus team?

I'm a born and raised White Sox fan who lost interest last year. I don't have much interest this year. I cancelled my MLB subscription and bought an MiLB subscription. The local Triple-A Aces had an exciting 2023, and they probably could have beaten the White Sox. Do you follow the local Corpus team?
I do. The Corpus Christi Hooks are the AA affiliate of the Astros and my wife and I go to several games per season.

I do. The Corpus Christi Hooks are the AA affiliate of the Astros and my wife and I go to several games per season.
The Hooks could have beaten the White Sox as well. Lol. Minor league games are (more) affordable and a lot of fun. A good Triple-A team is more talented than major league teams that lose 100 games. The only problem is that the good players get called up. Half the Aces were called up to the Diamondbacks by playoff time. The Dbacks have a great farm system.

Jordan Lawlar is gonna be brutal. He moved right up from AA Amarillo and hit a dinger in his first Triple-A game.

I don't see him listed on the Dbacks' roster, so he's probably starting the season in Reno. I see they're keeping Jake McCarthy. He is brutal.

Ohtani needs to hurry up and get out of Korea and head back home so he can play in the relative obscurity that an LA sports superstar plays in.

MLB showing how much scheduling sense it has sending the sunny Dodgers to the miserable Midwest and Cubs starting 4/5. Cubs live announcers discussing mlb travel.

Los Angeles Dodgers star Shohei Ohtani spoke to the media on Monday for the first time since his translator, Ippei Mizuhara, was fired following accusations that he stole more than $4 million from Ohtani to cover his illegal gambling debts.

In a roughly 12-minute statement, Ohtani denied having ever bet on sports and said repeatedly that Mizuhara had lied to him throughout the process.

"I never bet on baseball or any other sports or never have asked somebody to do that on my behalf," Ohtani said through an intepreter. "And I have never been through a bookmaker to bet on sports. ...

I believe him. Everyone should move along and forget it happened. Oh look, a squirrel.

Los Angeles Dodgers star Shohei Ohtani spoke to the media on Monday for the first time since his translator, Ippei Mizuhara, was fired following accusations that he stole more than $4 million from Ohtani to cover his illegal gambling debts.

In a roughly 12-minute statement, Ohtani denied having ever bet on sports and said repeatedly that Mizuhara had lied to him throughout the process.

"I never bet on baseball or any other sports or never have asked somebody to do that on my behalf," Ohtani said through an intepreter. "And I have never been through a bookmaker to bet on sports. ...

Ohtani's interpreter used Ohtani's computer, from which Mizuhara sent millions to the gangster from Ohtani's bank account without Ohtani's knowledge. Mizuhara may have helped Ohtani to set up the bank account on the computer and had easy access to it. Mizuhara also worked as a driver and personal trainer for Ohtani.

Last edited:

I don't know. We've all heard stories about athletes and entertainers who have been robbed blind by their business or money managers, but this was an interpreter. Either way, I'm sure we haven't heard the last of it.

MLB interpreters for Asian players often act as personal managers to provide support in daily life. When you live in America, utilities such as telephone, electricity, gas, and water bills are not automatically deducted from your bank account and paying bills is quite a hassle. It's likely that the interpreter was in charge of a bank account to pay for those expenses because Ohtani doesn't understand the language. Sometimes they even deal with large sums of money, such as purchasing a multi-million dollar car.

I would go left, right, left with the Braves top of the rotation.

East coast has had many Nor'easter this winter.. Thank God where I am downstate it's been all rain.. Upstate, different story.. They've been hammered with snow a few times.. Lol
Retractable roof Toronto at dome TB tomorrow.
Milwaukee has a retractable roof at NYM. 😂
The other five retractable roofs are hosting tomorrow
No other game at 1:00 et, so just a triple-header, with your game at 1:41 et Fri.

I’d definitely go with Fried tomorrow for ATL, his regularly scheduled day, bumping Strider two days back, which I believe in. Then go Sale on Monday at the White Sox so we can see him here, with Lopez or Morton or whoever on Sunday.

Ban deferred contracts. (as per the Dodgers)
Edit: have to go with the Reds in the central;
Tigers should challenge the Twins.
AL East overrated.
The 8-box will be awesome again.

Last edited:
Running lane inside the 1st base lane rule;
No more fielder obstruction of the base ;

20 to 18 seconds for pitchers with men on base;
10% less recovery time on top of last year;

ESPN says Orioles VS Braves in WS with Braves winning championship. They've been known to very wrong before. There are always surprise teams.

I see it 50/50. Dodgers have a deeper rotation but not as good with the top 3, imo. Dodgers a bit stronger at the top of lineup. Braves appear stronger at the bottom of the lineup and on defense. I miss Pacific time already.

Now that warmup has popped up on mlb.com for LAA/BAL. you can see the umpires, with A. Johnson on the plate, more of a hitter’s ump

Back
Top Bottom