• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Megyn Kelly manages to keep a straight face while denying ‘right-wing bias at [W:101]

Moderator's Warning:
Stop talking about each other, and stick to the topic. Posts made before this in thread warning may be subject to moderation.

Re: Megyn Kelly manages to keep a straight face while denying ‘right-wing bias at [W:

Wtf..

Liberal Web Site?..... What do you want to say that you haven't? Am I supposed to guess ...... something you did not say? How come you can't say what you mean
Maybe you mean because it is a liberal web site the information is not correct..... slanted or spun.... or for that matter a pack of GD lies......
Is that what it is /

Well yall may want to use this as an excuse to not address the subject matter presented...... possibly because it takes too much time and is a hell of a lot of trouble...

Or is it because you don't know what the subject is all about but do not want to "face uncomfortable" facts .........or something you do not want to believe........or possible you cannot because it is disruptive/threatens/disturbs you konservative dream world.............could that be it?

Or you want to look smart for your buddies... brag how you blew off the "lying liberal"...and/or made a fool out of him/her.... Is that what it is ?"

Or you have a poor self-image... can't quell those uncomfortable feelings of inadequacy .............or to feel better you beat up on someone so you can feel superior/smarter/cleverer/ quicker that the one you are dumping your BS on .... This could be it........

Or is you do not know squat/s#!T about the subject/ about the subject........... and rather than study up on it..........you blow poster off as it he/she were the stupid/naïve/@$$hole which did not deserve much more that to post the "You are stupid" kind of post...............This may be it.........

Or the it could be all of the above...........That's the ticket............'fersure..........

BUT LET ME CLUE YOU IN MY FRIEND.........

I post news/articles/opinions/reports on political issues from my extensive readings from all kind of media sources.......liberal........conservative......whit power and skinhead sites.....foreign press.........US newspapers..........wire services......... of all kinds and types........

In the past 2-3 days I have used not only what you call LIBERAL sources and most shockingly for you...........Conservative sites - moderate to extreme ...........

Sites like Red State.....WND.....The Caller....Breitbart....... The Blaze ........Accuracy in Media........ Drudge.........and Free Republic.........

BUR THEN YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT........Did you? Or possibly, because you labeled me liberal...........a group of folks all think alike .......feel alike.....share the same views and opinions...... all holding the same positions on politics, issues, and ideas............That it never occurred to you that there was someone like me............

Someone you have judged to be of a class of soulless lock-step automatons who could never........... ever read/cite/post from anything other then a lying GD liberal swill source.......

WRONG..........

The sites I post from are called "NEWS AGGREGATORS"............ or NEWS COMPILERS.............. a fancy name for folks who take news reports from any number of MSM sources...... usually focused on a particular subject ............ in this case CURRENT NEWS and POLITICAL ISSUES..............

These folks reprint these news reports from the MSM without altering the facts....spinning the news report......... and without any attached opinions designed to prompt the reader to come to some desired emotional response........

So what you blow off with/without reading........ and often not knowing giddily-squat about .........are in REAL ......FACTUAL........ ACCURATE news/stories/accounts on a particular subject........

So when yall blow it off without know $#!t about the facts, issues, reports ............you possibly appear to be one lazy, smart @$$ crumb bun.........who wastes serious folks time and is here only to make noise.......F up other folks feelings........ trolling for fights and the like.........

SO MY SUGGESTION TO YOU IS..................if you feel the urge to denigrate a posters intelligence, information, source ............ don't blow the posters off by not dealing with the subject with some thoughtfulness...........or share something or value to the subject....and the like..........

OR DON'T BOTHER, ANNOY, TRY TO PISS OFF, TROLL, LOOK FOR A FIGHT, BAIT A POSTER.............. Please stop with the crap and go post some where else.......

There are serious folks that want to have conversation/debates with out having to the annoying off-subject riff-raff posting those "LOOK AT ME" ...........I' SMARTER, BETTER, MORE IMPORTANT, BETTER EDUCATED........ then all of yall........

PLEASE GO SOME WHERE ELSE................. .......... GET LOST...........

Re: Megyn Kelly manages to keep a straight face while denying ‘right-wing bias at [W:

Your entire post is irrelevant.

She was obviously responding to the accusation that Fox News is not a biased network.

Show me in the transcripts of that interview, where either:

a) Charlie Rose asked Kelly "Is Fox News a biased network?"
b) The accusation that the network was biased, that preceded Kelly's response

You can't because neither ever happened.

Kelly was in the middle of voicing her thoughts and opinions on the left wing bias that exists in the NEWS, when in the middle of her saying "I do believe there's a left leaning bias in news... in most of news" (notice she didn't say "media" or "news networks") she was interrupted by Rose who said "You don’t believe there is a right-wing bias at Fox?".

She obviously believed since he interrupted her talking about the left wing bias in news, he was asking her if news from Fox had a right wing bias.

Why else would she say "I think the conservatives who are on air here make no bones about their ideology." in the very same sentence that she said “No, I don’t. I think that Fox News is fair and balanced"? Because she was making a distinction between the "news" that Fox presents and the conservatives who appear on the various political opinion shows. If she wasn't responding about their presentation of the hard news, then saying that they have outwardly partisan conservatives (nothing about liberals) on the air, at the exact time she is saying they are fair and balanced, would be a complete contradiction.

Surely you give Megyn Kelly more credit for her intellect than that? If you don't, then you have just proven that you are controlled purely by partisan politics.

Hard to say. I'm 65 and I've lived in seven foreign countries. Visited another 30 or 40. Three children, eight grandchildren. Speak four languages. Friends ranging from monarchists to communists. Etc.

Well, I'm older than you - been in at least as many countries, including living in Europe for six years. Served a tour of duty in the military in the Far East and have seen as much life as you and probably more death. So don't presume to lecture me about knowledge.

I do not get this fascination with Meygn Kelly. Ya she looks the part of the blow dried blond TV blowhard but I rarely see her reporting being consequential...While I dont watch TV these TV people who have interesting interviews or who have interesting ideas tend to turn up where I roam, and she almost never does.

Trump is right, she is over rated. Why she is IDK, but it has something to do with her body.

Megyn Kelly lies? I should expect so, is someone surprised?

EDIT: I have been reading some of her interviews of late (never cared about her before), she does not even talk like a journalist, she talks almost like a Kardashian, everything is pitched in her brain in terms of branding from what I have seen.

Last edited:

Kelly was in the middle of voicing her thoughts and opinions on the left wing bias that exists in the NEWS, when in the middle of her saying "I do believe there's a left leaning bias in news... in most of news" (notice she didn't say "media" or "news networks") she was interrupted by Rose who said "You don’t believe there is a right-wing bias at Fox?".

She obviously believed since he interrupted her talking about the left wing bias in news, he was asking her if news from Fox had a right wing bias.

Why else would she say "I think the conservatives who are on air here make no bones about their ideology." in the very same sentence that she said “No, I don’t. I think that Fox News is fair and balanced"? Because she was making a distinction between the "news" that Fox presents and the conservatives who appear on the various political opinion shows. If she wasn't responding about their presentation of the hard news, then saying that they have outwardly partisan conservatives (nothing about liberals) on the air, at the exact time she is saying they are fair and balanced, would be a complete contradiction.

Surely you give Megyn Kelly more credit for her intellect than that? If you don't, then you have just proven that you are controlled purely by partisan politics.

"...the conservatives who are on air here..."

IOW: "Fox News is fair and balanced because the most biased people that air on our network are upfront about their bias."

Unless the news has a left wing bias, which many consider 'normal', it is 'right wing'. There is no hiding the fact that the msm are bias, and that's easily found in their backgrounds and voting patterns.

Well, I'm older than you - been in at least as many countries, including living in Europe for six years. Served a tour of duty in the military in the Far East and have seen as much life as you and probably more death. So don't presume to lecture me about knowledge.

I am quite confident you have not seen more death. I was present for Round One of the Liberian civil war.

Megyn Kelly is attractive, arrogant, on Fox, sometimes has some ridiculous views and Trump used to be terrified of hear.

That is about all I wish to know about her.

Megyn Kelly is attractive, arrogant, on Fox, sometimes has some ridiculous views and Trump used to be terrified of hear.

That is about all I wish to know about her.

She has many quality attributes that you apparently choose to ignore - the only one I agree with on your list is the first one.

She has many quality attributes that you apparently choose to ignore - the only one I agree with on your list is the first one.

I have seen her many times...she is marginally intelligent and is/was a lawyer...big deal. Neither is terribly impressive to me. In fact the latter is a negative, not a positive.

I know a little of her personal life...which impresses me even less.

But if she were not attractive, none of us would ever of heard of her. And when she loses her looks - she will go bye bye from the public eye...whether she wants to or not (imo).

If you are impressed by her...then, no offense, I think you are easily impressed.

And please do not try and convince me this gal is worth my time...you cannot.

Once again, I am neither rep nor dem.

Last edited:

I have seen her many times...she is marginally intelligent and is/was a lawyer...big deal. Neither is terribly impressive to me. In fact the latter is a negative, not a positive.

I know a little of her personal life...which impresses me even less.

But if she were not attractive, none of us would ever of heard of her. And when she loses her looks - she will go bye bye from the public eye...whether she wants to or not (imo).

If you are impressed by her...then, no offense, I think you are easily impressed.

And please do not try and convince me this gal is worth my time...you cannot.

Once again, I am neither rep nor dem.

I resisted the urge to give you a like for this post but I respect your opinion. I would not say that I am "easily impressed" but I do tend to give people the benefit of the doubt probably more often than most. Being a lawyer is not always a negative - especially when you need one. As far as the looks go, our society does put way too much emphasis on it because people can only do so much about it. I don't see her going away anytime soon - remember Vanna White?

I have seen her many times...she is marginally intelligent and is/was a lawyer...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but "marginally intelligent"??

"...the conservatives who are on air here..."

IOW: "Fox News is fair and balanced because the most biased people that air on our network are upfront about their bias."

You are claiming that Kelly said in effect "We're not biased because our people are up front about being biased." Do you have any idea just how ridiculous that interpretation is?

That response, along with the fact that you refused to address anything that I posted, confirms my beliefs about the kind of person you are. It clearly demonstrates that you are one of those people who's very content twisting things beyond the scope of intellectual reality, even when doing so makes you look foolish. You've proven that politics and ideology come first for you, even at the expense of intellectual honesty.

There's no other way to explain how a someone could pretend a person was saying "A", when the facts and common sense clearly dictate they were saying "B".

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but "marginally intelligent"??

By that I mean she is of average to slightly above average intelligence.

You listen to her for five minutes and it is clear to me that she is no brainiac. If her IQ is even 110 I would be surprised.

She is like Trump. Okay brains but huge confidence/arrogance.

And please don't think you have to be smart to be a lawyer. I have known of many lawyers that were not bright at ALL.

Kelly is a good little corporate lap dog who knows who provides her with her feed each day.

I am quite confident you have not seen more death. I was present for Round One of the Liberian civil war.

I'll stack Vietnam up against that.

You are claiming that Kelly said in effect "We're not biased because our people are up front about being biased." Do you have any idea just how ridiculous that interpretation is?

That response, along with the fact that you refused to address anything that I posted, confirms my beliefs about the kind of person you are. It clearly demonstrates that you are one of those people who's very content twisting things beyond the scope of intellectual reality, even when doing so makes you look foolish. You've proven that politics and ideology come first for you, even at the expense of intellectual honesty.

There's no other way to explain how a someone could pretend a person was saying "A", when the facts and common sense clearly dictate they were saying "B".

She said "the conservatives who are on air here..." Which conclusively shows that she was referring to Fox News, the place that airs conservatives, claiming that it's "fair and balanced" because the most notable imbalances are somehow explicit (which they aren't because they air on a network whose slogan is "fair and balanced").

Your entire argument was debunked by her actual statement.

I'll stack Vietnam up against that.

It would be deeply tasteless to get into a "top this" contest comparing death scenes as if they were mere entries on our resumes. I would rather withdraw from the discussion.

Kelly was referring to their hard news programming, which is as centrist as you'll find anywhere... at least that's what I observed in the past when i watched their news and a UCLA study several years ago came to the same conclusion.

Indeed. But don't ruffle the left winger's feathers by disturbing their ideologically based preconceived issued talking points, it causes them so much harm with cognitive dissonance, and you know how bad that is for them! :mrgreen:

She said "the conservatives who are on air here..." Which conclusively shows that she was referring to Fox News, the place that airs conservatives, claiming that it's "fair and balanced" because the most notable imbalances are somehow explicit (which they aren't because they air on a network whose slogan is "fair and balanced").

Your entire argument was debunked by her actual statement.

Kelly was separating her opinion about whether she thinks the news reporting at Fox News is biased ("No, I don't.), with the conservative's who host opinion shows.

So once again, you are stating that Kelly said in effect "We're not biased because our people are up front about being biased."

I hope some day you learn the difference between "news" and "opinion".

Indeed. But don't ruffle the left winger's feathers by disturbing their ideologically based preconceived issued talking points, it causes them so much harm with cognitive dissonance, and you know how bad that is for them! :mrgreen:

Indeed... To prop up their political beliefs, all too often many of them treat common sense like it was kryptonite.

Kelly was separating her opinion about whether she thinks the news reporting at Fox News is biased ("No, I don't.), with the conservative's who host opinion shows.

So once again, you are stating that Kelly said in effect "We're not biased because our people are up front about being biased."

I hope some day you learn the difference between "news" and "opinion".

She was responding to the question of whether or not Fox News was biased. She did not say "those conservatively biased opinion shows are not news programs." That wasn't her defense. It was "those conservatively biased opinion shows make no bones about their bias."

She was responding to the question of whether or not Fox News was biased. She did not say "those conservatively biased opinion shows are not news programs." That wasn't her defense. It was "those conservatively biased opinion shows make no bones about their bias."

It's obvious that common sense isn't a tool you are willing to use, so go ahead and believe whatever is ideologically convenient for you.

It would be deeply tasteless to get into a "top this" contest comparing death scenes as if they were mere entries on our resumes. I would rather withdraw from the discussion.

You're the one that started this exchange with your condescending comment about my lack of knowledge when compared to your worldliness. I merely pointed out that I'm at least as knowledgeable about life and death as you are, and at least as experienced. You want to drop the subject - that's fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom