• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Megyn Kelly manages to keep a straight face while denying ‘right-wing bias at [W:101]

Laughable. But then again you don't consider Fox News, the mouthpiece of the RNC, to be biased so why should any of this surprise me? It doesn't. It is amusing, however, to watch the Right try to pretend that Fox News is 'fair and balanced'.

And it's laughable to see the left desperately try to discredit the single unbiased network news source.

You were speaking about topics beyond your knowledge.

I'd guess I'm at least as knowledgeable about life as you are. Probably a hell of a lot more knowledgeable.

I'd guess I'm at least as knowledgeable about life as you are. Probably a hell of a lot more knowledgeable.

Hard to say. I'm 65 and I've lived in seven foreign countries. Visited another 30 or 40. Three children, eight grandchildren. Speak four languages. Friends ranging from monarchists to communists. Etc.

The fact that Colmes may not have been as effective as you wish he was has nothing to do with the point under discussion. He was (and remains) a liberal voice on Fox (along with Juan Williams and others) and your claim is refuted.

You are being dishonest.

You claimed that Hannity is the only right wing show on fox news (false) and that Hannity was balanced by his previous, supposedly lefty co-host.

You acknowledged that Hannity does NOT have a lefty co-host and IS ACTUALLY a right wing show, disproving your overarching claim that fox news is fair and balanced.

It amuses me that you proved yourself wrong.

You are being dishonest.

You claimed that Hannity is the only right wing show on fox news (false) and that Hannity was balanced by his previous, supposedly lefty co-host.

You acknowledged that Hannity does NOT have a lefty co-host and IS ACTUALLY a right wing show, disproving your overarching claim that fox news is fair and balanced.

It amuses me that you proved yourself wrong.

The presence of a single right wing opinion host does no more to make Fox a biased network than the presence of Joe Scarborough on MSNBC makes that network any less leftist. You're grasping at straws.

At least fox makes an attempt at hard news separate from their opinion shows. MsNBC has given up any attempt. When they had Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann anchor their election coverage back in 08 all bets were off. It would be like Fox having Hannity anchor election coverage on Fox.

The presence of a single right wing opinion host does no more to make Fox a biased network than the presence of Joe Scarborough on MSNBC makes that network any less leftist. You're grasping at straws.

Ah, now you have changed your tune from "Hannity's show was balanced," to "Fox News is balanced with disregard for this identified imbalance."

At least fox makes an attempt at hard news separate from their opinion shows. MsNBC has given up any attempt. When they had Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann anchor their election coverage back in 08 all bets were off. It would be like Fox having Hannity anchor election coverage on Fox.

A deflection which might make sense if it wasn't already acknowledged that msnbc is also biased.

Ah, now you have changed your tune from "Hannity's show was balanced," to "Fox News is balanced with disregard for this identified imbalance."

You will find no post of mine claiming that Hannity alone has a balanced show. When he had Colmes as a co-host that show was balanced, as I said. Please stick to the facts.

You will find no post of mine claiming that Hannity alone has a balanced show. When he had Colmes as a co-host that show was balanced, as I said. Please stick to the facts.

We are discussing the bias prevalent on Fox News which includes Hannity's show that you have, yourself, acknowledged is biased.

i'm not defending Fox news. I'm just saying that Fox is like MsNBC is BS. They're much different. Its on of the reasons MsNBC is failing badly.

A deflection which might make sense if it wasn't already acknowledged that msnbc is also biased.

We are discussing the bias prevalent on Fox News which includes Hannity's show that you have, yourself, acknowledged is biased.

A single program does not stand for the entire network. When Glenn Beck was on CNN no one thought CNN was right wing. The presence of a single opinion program late in the evening changes nothing.

i'm not defending Fox news. I'm just saying that Fox is like MsNBC is BS. They're much different. Its on of the reasons MsNBC is failing badly.

Okay, but this part gave me that impression :

A single program does not stand for the entire network. When Glenn Beck was on CNN no one thought CNN was right wing. The presence of a single opinion program late in the evening changes nothing.

My case doesn't resist solely on one show, iirc, you brought up Hannity as your example of balanced.

I wonder why Fox News is so hard on President Obama, and yet so soft on Mitt Romney :

29841bb40c3dbc7aa7f1e298fefc4846.jpg

I wonder why Fox News viewers are far more republican :

0a40f628da3fdf3d8c7c8282e2ca7aaf.jpg

If that were true, she wouldn't have attempted to excuse the very bias she acknowledged with the "make no bones" statement.

"If" that were true?

Just listen to what she was saying when Rose interrupted her and It was obvious she was talking about the reporting of the news, not the opinion shows on Fox.

Help me out if you would... I'm trying to understand whether you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the difference between news and opinion, or you only hear what your political beliefs want you to hear?

My case doesn't resist solely on one show, iirc, you brought up Hannity as your example of balanced.

I wonder why Fox News is so hard on President Obama, and yet so soft on Mitt Romney :

Sorry, but you're leading with a falsehood since I never used Hannity as an example of balanced.

Your falsehood aside, this is easy to answer. It was the Obama campaign's avowed strategy to avoid issues and make the campaign about Romney personally. To the extent Fox tried to stay on the issues this would have looked like positive treatment of Romney. As for the audience, Repubs watch Fox because its the only news outlet without a liberal bias.

"If" that were true?

Just listen to what she was saying when Rose interrupted her and It was obvious she was talking about the reporting of the news, not the opinion shows on Fox.

Help me out if you would... I'm trying to understand whether you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the difference between news and opinion, or you only hear what your political beliefs want you to hear?

Your entire post is irrelevant.

She was obviously responding to the accusation that Fox News is not a biased network.

She said that the biased people are openly biased, therefore it is not biased. She blatantly disproved her own argument. I explained it to you, twice now.

Sorry, but you're leading with a falsehood since I never used Hannity as an example of balanced.

You used one of Hannity's shows as an example :

The only right wing opinion show host is Hannity, and he used to have a left wing partner.

Old partners are irrelevant. That's not evidence that Fox News is not biased.

Notice that you have stronger claim to the argument (your real argument) that Fox News is balanced (because they had Colmes to balance Hannity, for example- while they have Hannity, who we all agree is biased, so they have some right wing bias, they supposedly have left wing bias to balance it out). But i would still contest that claim for reasons that should be obvious.

Your falsehood aside, this is easy to answer. It was the Obama campaign's avowed strategy to avoid issues and make the campaign about Romney personally. To the extent Fox tried to stay on the issues this would have looked like positive treatment of Romney. As for the audience, Repubs watch Fox because its the only news outlet without a liberal bias.

Republicans (2:1 over demos) and conservatives (6:1 over liberals) overwhelmingly watch Fox News more.

Your premise, that all other networks are biased and Fox News is the center, lacks any evidence, justification, or backing in reality. Fox News viewers are frequently the least informed.

She was referring to "News" not opinion programming.

Leave it to a liberal website to take her words out of context, and a phony conservative to spread their dishonesty.

Liberal Web Site?..... What do you want to say that you haven't? Am I supposed to guess ...... something you did not say? How come you can't say what you mean
Maybe you mean because it is a liberal web site the information is not correct..... slanted or spun.... or for that matter a pack of GD lies......
Is that what it is /

Well yall may want to use this as an excuse to not address the subject matter presented...... possibly because it takes too much time and is a hell of a lot of trouble...

Or is it because you don't know what the subject is all about but do not want to "face uncomfortable" facts .........or something you do not want to believe........or possible you cannot because it is disruptive/threatens/disturbs you konservative dream world.............could that be it?

Or you want to look smart for your buddies... brag how you blew off the "lying liberal"...and/or made a fool out of him/her.... Is that what it is ?"

Or you have a poor self-image... can't quell those uncomfortable feelings of inadequacy .............or to feel better you beat up on someone so you can feel superior/smarter/cleverer/ quicker that the one you are dumping your BS on .... This could be it........

Or is you do not know squat/s#!T about the subject/ about the subject........... and rather than study up on it..........you blow poster off as it he/she were the stupid/naïve/@$$hole which did not deserve much more that to post the "You are stupid" kind of post...............This may be it.........

Or the it could be all of the above...........That's the ticket............'fersure..........

BUT LET ME CLUE YOU IN MY FRIEND.........

I post news/articles/opinions/reports on political issues from my extensive readings from all kind of media sources.......liberal........conservative......whit power and skinhead sites.....foreign press.........US newspapers..........wire services......... of all kinds and types........

In the past 2-3 days I have used not only what you call LIBERAL sources and most shockingly for you...........Conservative sites - moderate to extreme ...........

Sites like Red State.....WND.....The Caller....Breitbart....... The Blaze ........Accuracy in Media........ Drudge.........and Free Republic.........

BUR THEN YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT........Did you? Or possibly, because you labeled me liberal...........a group of folks all think alike .......feel alike.....share the same views and opinions...... all holding the same positions on politics, issues, and ideas............That it never occurred to you that there was someone like me............

Someone you have judged to be of a class of soulless lock-step automatons who could never........... ever read/cite/post from anything other then a lying GD liberal swill source.......

WRONG..........

The sites I post from are called "NEWS AGGREGATORS"............ or NEWS COMPILERS.............. a fancy name for folks who take news reports from any number of MSM sources...... usually focused on a particular subject ............ in this case CURRENT NEWS and POLITICAL ISSUES..............

These folks reprint these news reports from the MSM without altering the facts....spinning the news report......... and without any attached opinions designed to prompt the reader to come to some desired emotional response........

So what you blow off with/without reading........ and often not knowing giddily-squat about .........are in REAL ......FACTUAL........ ACCURATE news/stories/accounts on a particular subject........

So when yall blow it off without know $#!t about the facts, issues, reports ............you possibly appear to be one lazy, smart @$$ crumb bun.........who wastes serious folks time and is here only to make noise.......F up other folks feelings........ trolling for fights and the like.........

SO MY SUGGESTION TO YOU IS..................if you feel the urge to denigrate a posters intelligence, information, source ............ don't blow the posters off by not dealing with the subject with some thoughtfulness...........or share something or value to the subject....and the like..........

OR DON'T BOTHER, ANNOY, TRY TO PISS OFF, TROLL, LOOK FOR A FIGHT, BAIT A POSTER.............. Please stop with the crap and go post some where else.......

There are serious folks that want to have conversation/debates with out having to the annoying off-subject riff-raff posting those "LOOK AT ME" ...........I' SMARTER, BETTER, MORE IMPORTANT, BETTER EDUCATED........ then all of yall........

PLEASE GO SOME WHERE ELSE................. .......... GET LOST...........

You used one of Hannity's shows as an example :

Old partners are irrelevant. That's not evidence that Fox News is not biased.

Notice that you have stronger claim to the argument (your real argument) that Fox News is balanced (because they had Colmes to balance Hannity, for example- while they have Hannity, who we all agree is biased, so they have some right wing bias, they supposedly have left wing bias to balance it out). But i would still contest that claim for reasons that should be obvious.

Republicans (2:1 over demos) and conservatives (6:1 over liberals) overwhelmingly watch Fox News more.

Your premise, that all other networks are biased and Fox News is the center, lacks any evidence, justification, or backing in reality. Fox News viewers are frequently the least informed.

Your own bias makes further discussion unwarranted.

Liberal Web Site?..... What do you want to say that you haven't? Am I supposed to guess ...... something you did not say? How come you can't say what you mean
Maybe you mean because it is a liberal web site the information is not correct..... slanted or spun.... or for that matter a pack of GD lies......
Is that what it is /

Well yall may want to use this as an excuse to not address the subject matter presented...... possibly because it takes too much time and is a hell of a lot of trouble...

Or is it because you don't know what the subject is all about but do not want to "face uncomfortable" facts .........or something you do not want to believe........or possible you cannot because it is disruptive/threatens/disturbs you konservative dream world.............could that be it?

Or you want to look smart for your buddies... brag how you blew off the "lying liberal"...and/or made a fool out of him/her.... Is that what it is ?"

Or you have a poor self-image... can't quell those uncomfortable feelings of inadequacy .............or to feel better you beat up on someone so you can feel superior/smarter/cleverer/ quicker that the one you are dumping your BS on .... This could be it........

Or is you do not know squat/s#!T about the subject/ about the subject........... and rather than study up on it..........you blow poster off as it he/she were the stupid/naïve/@$$hole which did not deserve much more that to post the "You are stupid" kind of post...............This may be it.........

Or the it could be all of the above...........That's the ticket............'fersure..........

BUT LET ME CLUE YOU IN MY FRIEND.........

I post news/articles/opinions/reports on political issues from my extensive readings from all kind of media sources.......liberal........conservative......whit power and skinhead sites.....foreign press.........US newspapers..........wire services......... of all kinds and types........

In the past 2-3 days I have used not only what you call LIBERAL sources and most shockingly for you...........Conservative sites - moderate to extreme ...........

Sites like Red State.....WND.....The Caller....Breitbart....... The Blaze ........Accuracy in Media........ Drudge.........and Free Republic.........

BUR THEN YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT........Did you? Or possibly, because you labeled me liberal...........a group of folks all think alike .......feel alike.....share the same views and opinions...... all holding the same positions on politics, issues, and ideas............That it never occurred to you that there was someone like me............

Someone you have judged to be of a class of soulless lock-step automatons who could never........... ever read/cite/post from anything other then a lying GD liberal swill source.......

WRONG..........

The sites I post from are called "NEWS AGGREGATORS"............ or NEWS COMPILERS.............. a fancy name for folks who take news reports from any number of MSM sources...... usually focused on a particular subject ............ in this case CURRENT NEWS and POLITICAL ISSUES..............

These folks reprint these news reports from the MSM without altering the facts....spinning the news report......... and without any attached opinions designed to prompt the reader to come to some desired emotional response........

So what you blow off with/without reading........ and often not knowing giddily-squat about .........are in REAL ......FACTUAL........ ACCURATE news/stories/accounts on a particular subject........

So when yall blow it off without know $#!t about the facts, issues, reports ............you possibly appear to be one lazy, smart @$$ crumb bun.........who wastes serious folks time and is here only to make noise.......F up other folks feelings........ trolling for fights and the like.........

SO MY SUGGESTION TO YOU IS..................if you feel the urge to denigrate a posters intelligence, information, source ............ don't blow the posters off by not dealing with the subject with some thoughtfulness...........or share something or value to the subject....and the like..........

OR DON'T BOTHER, ANNOY, TRY TO PISS OFF, TROLL, LOOK FOR A FIGHT, BAIT A POSTER.............. Please stop with the crap and go post some where else.......

There are serious folks that want to have conversation/debates with out having to the annoying off-subject riff-raff posting those "LOOK AT ME" ...........I' SMARTER, BETTER, MORE IMPORTANT, BETTER EDUCATED........ then all of yall........

PLEASE GO SOME WHERE ELSE................. .......... GET LOST...........

Ahem. Someone get the marshmallows, we have a meltdown in progress.

Back
Top Bottom