• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Matt Lauer Fails

Even the liberal press realizes that what Trump told Howard stern in a quick snippet response fails to prove that he backed the Iraq war. Hillary voted for the damn war! Did Trump vote for the war? Now before you start accusing me of being a Trump lemming, I am not supporting Trump. I didn't vote for him in the primaries and I'm not voting for him in the general. But, when it comes to lying, Hillary has an overwhelming lead. In fact, a poll out the other day showed that only 35% trusted Hillary while 50% trusted Trump.

LOL.

Trump said he was very vocal about his opposition before the war.

He said he could produce 25 articles about it.

He said the government sent a delegation to his office to beg him to stop his vocal opposition.

But somehow, Hillary has the overwhelming lead in lying.

That's about the most idiotic post I've ever read.

Ah, of course, can't talk about Trump without someone jumping in with "But HILLARY DID IT TOO!@!"

And Lauer in fact spent roughly the first half of Hillary's time holding her accountable on the email scandal. That's fine and dandy. See above for what was not.

Since they are our choice for president, you really can't talk about one without the other. That is just the way it goes.

Even the liberal press realizes that what Trump told Howard stern in a quick snippet response fails to prove that he backed the Iraq war. Hillary voted for the damn war! Did Trump vote for the war? Now before you start accusing me of being a Trump lemming, I am not supporting Trump. I didn't vote for him in the primaries and I'm not voting for him in the general. But, when it comes to lying, Hillary has an overwhelming lead. In fact, a poll out the other day showed that only 35% trusted Hillary while 50% trusted Trump.

You're moving the goal posts. He's claimed many times he vocally opposed the war, so much so in fact that the WH sent a delegation to his office to try to change his mind, etc. That's false, a lie, he repeats it over and over and uses it as in that forum as a way to claim superior judgment to everyone else and all it does is prove that he lies as easily as most of us talk.

And your poll is a good reason why the press failure to hold him accountable on this lie and DOZENS of others matters.

Since they are our choice for president, you really can't talk about one without the other. That is just the way it goes.

Sure you can - we're talking about Trump. It's easy to keep the topic on Trump, just address the topic of discussion.

Sure you can - we're talking about Trump. It's easy to keep the topic on Trump, just address the topic of discussion.

Here I thought we were talking about Matt Lauer. I started this thread.

LOL.

Trump said he was very vocal about his opposition before the war.

He said he could produce 25 articles about it.

He said the government sent a delegation to his office to beg him to stop his vocal opposition.

But somehow, Hillary has the overwhelming lead in lying.

That's about the most idiotic post I've ever read.

Proof that you only see what you want to see, hear what you want to hear, and read what you want to read.

Poll: Voters Don't Trust Clinton, but She Holds 10-Point Lead

Those polled, however, saw Trump as more honest than Clinton. Or less dishonest: While 53 percent said Trump was dishonest, 66 percent said the same of Clinton.

Last edited:
You're moving the goal posts. He's claimed many times he vocally opposed the war, so much so in fact that the WH sent a delegation to his office to try to change his mind, etc. That's false, a lie, he repeats it over and over and uses it as in that forum as a way to claim superior judgment to everyone else and all it does is prove that he lies as easily as most of us talk.

And your poll is a good reason why the press failure to hold him accountable on this lie and DOZENS of others matters.

You can say crap like that all you want. Here is the big picture: Poll: Voters Don't Trust Clinton, but She Holds 10-Point Lead

Those polled, however, saw Trump as more honest than Clinton. Or less dishonest: While 53 percent said Trump was dishonest, 66 percent said the same of Clinton.

You can say crap like that all you want. Here is the big picture: Poll: Voters Don't Trust Clinton, but She Holds 10-Point Lead

Well, if the press allows Trump to make up lies and repeat them for months without challenge, it's no f'ing wonder. What part of that don't you get - calling him out on his lies is part of their job.

Proof that you only see what you want to see, hear what you want to hear, and read what you want to read.

Poll: Voters Don't Trust Clinton, but She Holds 10-Point Lead

That's nice.

And almost half the country is voluntarily going to vote for a blithering idiot who has no policies.

But once again, you're pretending there's some equivalency on this issue.

'The big picture' is that dishonest idiots pretend this is equivalent to normal politician hedging of the truth.

Trump has blatantly lied.

That's crap. He was so doggone eager to fact-check Hillary, but he let Trump get away with lie after lie after lie.

Maybe Lauer...unlike other liberals...knows the difference between a lie and what people spin into a lie.

Mm-hmm...which is why he let Trump's "I never supported the Iraq War" lie completely slide, even when there's video evidence showing otherwise.

Blah, blah, blah...

You should, perhaps, follow Lauer's example and find some integrity.

Blah, blah, blah...

You should, perhaps, follow Lauer's example and find some integrity.

"Integrity"? If you think that refusing to call out an obvious (and easily disproven) lie is "integrity", then you apparently don't know the meaning of the word. Spend a career doing a job where telling even an innocuous lie can end your career, and you sooner or later get a clue as to what real integrity is.

"Integrity"? If you think that refusing to call out an obvious (and easily disproven) lie is "integrity", then you apparently don't know the meaning of the word. Spend a career doing a job where telling even an innocuous lie can end your career, and you sooner or later get a clue as to what real integrity is.

Integrity is being honest and fair.

One who is honest and fair will recognize spin, dismiss it and move on. Kind of like Lauer did.

Integrity is being honest and fair.

One who is honest and fair will recognize spin, dismiss it and move on. Kind of like Lauer did.

"Spin"? Like he dismissed Hillary's spin on her emails? If you'd watched the forum (as I did), he spent fifteen full minutes - half her time - specifically beating her up about the emails, calling her out and essentially demanding that she defend herself.

But when it came to Trump? *crickets*

And you call that "integrity". :roll:

"Spin"? Like he dismissed Hillary's spin on her emails? If you'd watched the forum (as I did), he spent fifteen full minutes - half her time - specifically beating her up about the emails, calling her out and essentially demanding that she defend herself.

From what I saw, he kept trying to move along and she just kept on talking. That 15 minutes about her emails was due to her long-windedness.

Funny how y'all seem to think that "fact-checking" isn't part of a reporter's job. But then, y'all do love Fox News....

So he didn't check the facts you wanted. Are you saying anyone respects journalists anymore, or they do what they are supposed to do? No matter what network they work for.

Well, if the press allows Trump to make up lies and repeat them for months without challenge, it's no f'ing wonder. What part of that don't you get - calling him out on his lies is part of their job.

Maybe Lauer was finally doing the media's job after they have been giving Democrats a free ride for decades.

That's nice.

And almost half the country is voluntarily going to vote for a blithering idiot who has no policies.

But once again, you're pretending there's some equivalency on this issue.

'The big picture' is that dishonest idiots pretend this is equivalent to normal politician hedging of the truth.

Trump has blatantly lied.

Was just providing proof that more people find Hillary untrustworthy than they do Trump. There's a good reason for that and it isn't Mat Lauer. Idiocy is in another poll. I'll concede ahead of time that Trump scores bigger there. So, you've got a choice of voting for a lying dishonest crook or and idiot moron. That's why I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

The fact is you would call it integrity if Lauer lobbed softballs at Clinton like all of the other media and called Trump out on his "lies".

Maybe Lauer was finally doing the media's job after they have been giving Democrats a free ride for decades.

The "media's" job isn't to let lies go unchallenged, no matter who is telling them. Lauer rightly IMO asked a series of pointed questions of Hillary about her emails, then selected a member of the audience who also challenged her directly on the same topic. That is what is supposed to happen. But when Trump repeated the same lies he's told for months now about opposing Iraq and Libya, he said nothing.

The fact is you would call it integrity if Lauer lobbed softballs at Clinton like all of the other media and called Trump out on his "lies".

You're assuming different facts and then a hypothetical conclusion. What we KNOW is Lauer asked pointed questions of Hillary but then let Trump skate on his lies (no quotes needed - they are lies he's been telling for months).

Back
Top Bottom