• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Longevity diet

Yeah That basically sums up 90% of a healthy diet.

It's difficult because they engineer that food so that you crave more creating a food addiction.

Yes,with a connection to gut microbiome.

Oh yeah. So many people with IBS and other digestive issues. I've heard people with those issues have a lot of trouble eating vegetables too.

It's difficult because they engineer that food so that you crave more creating a food addiction.
I guess recently kicked my potato chip addiction

Pity processed foods are cheap, and real food expensive.

While processed food is really cheap, I wouldn't say all real food is expensive. You can eat well on a budget.

You don't live longer with all these cult diets, it just feels like it!

I stick with the Mediterranean diet since I was raised on that — lots of salads and vegetables and grains/pasta.
I’ve modified my diet to exclude beef, lamb, or pork.
We rarely had processed foods growing up so that’s never been an issue.
I was taught to cook so preparing something healthy is no chore.

Mediterranean diet has some science to back it up, as do other diets.

Never heard of it before actually. I tried many diets, such as a week without meat, a water diet, I combined these diets with chair yoga here. I didn't want to try yoga before, but I liked this type of yoga the most.

Last edited:
You don't live longer with all these cult diets, it just feels like it!

Whether you live longer isn't necessarily the objective; the objective is to live healthier while living longer, for however long one lives. Natural foods are anti-inflammatory and help your body's systems better regulate themselves.

Living longer means an extra few weeks in a nursing home being fed a sloppy diet and smelling faintly of pee. No thanks

Living longer means an extra few weeks in a nursing home being fed a sloppy diet and smelling faintly of pee. No thanks
That's not the norm, and certainly something you want to avoid.

Less than 5% of elderly people finish their lives in a nursing home.

It helps but you can't beat mother nature, genetics. Some people who do everything "right" (a lot of the right is trendy) are simply predisposed to heart disease, diabetes and other genetic linked disease. I'm not sure skipping breakfast is wise.
Very true. And at my age, quality of life, which includes eating tasty food, is much more important than quantity. I don't overeat and so have retained my "girly figure,"

That's not the norm, and certainly something you want to avoid.

Less than 5% of elderly people finish their lives in a nursing home.

That's it? I thought it would be higher.

That's it? I thought it would be higher.
It's been a trend for years to move away from LTC. It's far less expensive to deliver some assisted care in the home so governments are helping fund it in many countries. Seniors love it because they're more comfortable in their own home.

It can be a bit of a burden for families though as they may be tasked with some of the care requirements.

Back
Top Bottom