• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Longevity diet

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Anyone else here trying that?

I have cut out all processed food, nearly all anyway.

I eat sardines nearly every day dark leafy green salad fruits vegetables berries. Some beef but I keep it small. Dark chocolate

I eat sardines nearly every day dark leafy green salad fruits vegetables berries. Some beef but I keep it small. Dark chocolate
One cup of coffee everyday a little low sodium V8, green tea when I have time

Are you referring to the diet developed by Valter Longo of USC? He also came out with Fasting Mimicking Diet.

Are you referring to the diet developed by Valter Longo of USC? He also came out with Fasting Mimicking Diet.
No just a diet meant for longevity based loosely upon the latest science.

Have you read this?

It helps but you can't beat mother nature, genetics. Some people who do everything "right" (a lot of the right is trendy) are simply predisposed to heart disease, diabetes and other genetic linked disease. I'm not sure skipping breakfast is wise.

Have you read this?

Peter Attia's talks on cancer are worth listening to. It kinda opened my eyes about the reality of oncological risk. In brief, cancer can happen to anyone at any age, it's just that the odds are that it'll happen to us as we age, and especially if we don't take care of ourselves. In his words, though, cancer, ultimately, is about bad luck. People who think they have 'good' genes engage in behaviors that increase their epigenetic risk, and then boom - cancer. And if they're not screening, which is most young people, the cancer is left to metastasize and become increasingly fatal.

It helps but you can't beat mother nature, genetics. Some people who do everything "right" (a lot of the right is trendy) are simply predisposed to heart disease, diabetes and other genetic linked disease. I'm not sure skipping breakfast is wise.
For the last vast majority scientists beginning to see that most metabolic diseases are preventable

It's mostly a modern diet and lack of exercise

For the last vast majority scientists beginning to see that most metabolic diseases are preventable

Not if there is a strong genetic factor present.

Not if there is a strong genetic factor present.
It appears this just isn't the case for the vast majority of people. Other populations have shown that heart disease is practically non-existent with the right diet and lifestyle

True that. My grandfather smoked and ate lots of red meat and Spam that my step-grandmother cooked and he lived to be 98 y/o. Genes do make a big difference.

Not that I don't try. I fast for over 10 hours (no breakfast), eat salads with protein 5 days a week for lunch and have proteins, starches and vegetables every night. I also exercise religiously. I'm trying for 100!

Our health and weight have considerably improved since we decided on a vegetarian diet.

Diet trends are so metamorphic I stopped trying to keep up.

I stick with the Mediterranean diet since I was raised on that — lots of salads and vegetables and grains/pasta.
I’ve modified my diet to exclude beef, lamb, or pork.
We rarely had processed foods growing up so that’s never been an issue.
I was taught to cook so preparing something healthy is no chore.

I stick with the Mediterranean diet since I was raised on that — lots of salads and vegetables and grains/pasta.
I’ve modified my diet to exclude beef, lamb, or pork.
We rarely had processed foods growing up so that’s never been an issue.
I was taught to cook so preparing something healthy is no chore.
I recently added beans to my rotation due to the Mediterranean diet success. But i am not full blown. I eat a bit more other meats. Not a lot though

Diet trends are so metamorphic I stopped trying to keep up.
I agre. I do t follow a single diet. But the general idea of a longevity diet is real. Just eat a variety real whole foods in moderation.

I think any change in your diet that cuts out processed foods, fast food and sugar is going to help you live longer.

It's mostly a modern diet and lack of exercise

^ Yep. They're even thinking there is a strong link between dementia, eye disorders, pain disorders, depression and your diet.

I think any change in your diet that cuts out processed foods, fast food and sugar is going to help you live longer.
Yeah That basically sums up 90% of a healthy diet.

^ Yep. They're even thinking there is a strong link between dementia, eye disorders, pain disorders, depression and your diet.
Yes,with a connection to gut microbiome.

Back
Top Bottom