• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lindsay Graham ends his campaign for the White House

I think the bigger surprise is that he was ever a candidate.

Not even remotely like an invasion. It is a delay tactic. If we destroy the head of the snake, Iraq will no longer be a problem because of the snake.
So how do you "destroy the head of the snake"? Lip services saying "we should do it" only gets one so far...

So how do you "destroy the head of the snake"? Lip services saying "we should do it" only gets one so far...

You invade Syria with overwhelming force and kill as many ISIS as you can find.

So how is this going to be any different than Iraq?

Jeb Bush thinks he has a good chance of getting most of Lindsey Graham's supporters. That should really shake up the race. A real game changer.

We won't stay around for nation building. We will simply move to Libya and do it again.

I thought the criticism from many right wingers is that we should of stayed longer?

Which should be terribly easy seeing how they all wear buttons saying "Shoot me. I'm with ISIS!".

Which should be terribly easy seeing how they all wear buttons saying "Shoot me. I'm with ISIS!".

If it isn't easy we shouldn't do it?

If it isn't easy we shouldn't do it?

People of average intelligence learn from their mistakes.

People of superior intellect learn from others' mistakes.

What you are suggesting fits in neither of these narratives.

I believe I said the opposite. Was my comment confusing?

Eh not really. From my understanding you contradicted yourself.

Post #81 I asked, "So how is this going to be any different than Iraq?"
Post #83 your responded to that question with, "We won't stay around for nation building. We will simply move to Libya and do it again."
Post #84 in response to your post I asked, "I thought the criticism from many right wingers is that we should of stayed longer?"
Post #85 you responded to that question with, "I believe that is true."

It seems here you are saying that we should of stayed longer and do nation building which directly contradicts your answer in post #83 to my question...

People of average intelligence learn from their mistakes.

People of superior intellect learn from others' mistakes.

What you are suggesting fits in neither of these narratives.

While the invasion of Iraq was a success, the following nation building was a disaster. How did my comment fail to learn from Iraq?

Eh not really. From my understanding you contradicted yourself.

Post #81 I asked, "So how is this going to be any different than Iraq?"
Post #83 your responded to that question with, "We won't stay around for nation building. We will simply move to Libya and do it again."
Post #84 in response to your post I asked, "I thought the criticism from many right wingers is that we should of stayed longer?"
Post #85 you responded to that question with, "I believe that is true."

It seems here you are saying that we should of stayed longer and do nation building which directly contradicts your answer in post #83 to my question...

Post 83 was my response. I stand by it. Post 85 answered your question but has nothing to do with my prior response. You make an assumption that because "many right wingers" favor staying in Iraq that I feel the same way. I can't imagine how got there since I said exactly the opposite in post 83.

While the invasion of Iraq was a success, the following nation building was a disaster. How did my comment fail to learn from Iraq?

Because you fail to acknowledge that toppling a dictator and being an occupying force afterwards may be two different military operations but is in fact one singular mission. If you topple the dictator, you pretty much HAVE to stay afterwards and nation build. The former mandates the later. And the later will almost always be a massive mess in that part of the world.

That's the lesson we didn't learn from the Russian occupation of Afghanistan and it seems we aren't learning it from our occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq.

If you topple the dictator, you pretty much HAVE to stay afterwards and nation build.

Says who? You? I couldn't disagree more profoundly. For one thing, I didn't say anything about toppling a dictator. I don't care who the dictator is. I want to break the back of ISIS. The dictator would be wise not to interfere. I want to go in, kill every ISIS we can find, put the rest of them on the run and then go do the same thing in Libya. Screw the governments there. Those aren't a threat to us like ISIS.

Says who? You? I couldn't disagree more profoundly. For one thing, I didn't say anything about toppling a dictator. I don't care who the dictator is. I want to break the back of ISIS. The dictator would be wise not to interfere. I want to go in, kill every ISIS we can find, put the rest of them on the run and then go do the same thing in Libya. Screw the governments there. Those aren't a threat to us like ISIS.

So perpetual war that is an everywhere war that includes no nation having any sovereignty.

I disagree.

As for not staying after toppling a regime... You should watch Charlie Wilson's War.

Post 83 was my response. I stand by it. Post 85 answered your question but has nothing to do with my prior response. You make an assumption that because "many right wingers" favor staying in Iraq that I feel the same way. I can't imagine how got there since I said exactly the opposite in post 83.

Because you answered the question as "I believe that is true", as if you were agreeing with their criticism that we should of stayed longer and "nation build" more. If I wrongly interpreted your answer then I apologize.

Because you answered the question as "I believe that is true", as if you were agreeing with their criticism that we should of stayed longer and "nation build" more. If I wrongly interpreted your answer then I apologize.

I only agreed that what you said is true. Anything else was your imagination.

why jeb bush dont ends his campaign for the White House?

why jeb bush dont ends his campaign for the White House?

Because every GOP candidate is in this state of mentality that they just want to out-wait the others that drop then vie for their support. Which is not a bad mentality when the field is as big as it is. Bush just so happens to have MASSIVE superpac campaign infusions to help him wait it out longer than most.

Back
Top Bottom