• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Limbaugh threatens to leave the country if the health-bill passes

and still, NOTHING demonstrating misrepresentation of rush's words

See, I'm seeing a lot of idiotic stupid talk from you that frankly is worthless because you've still shown that you're doing nothing but *****ing out and acting spineless in this thread, unable to actually be forthright and honest and clearly stating what you believe he meant by the words "leaving the country" and instead continuing to duck, dodge, weave, and dance like the lord of the dance but not actually state what you think.

So again, lets see if we can get an honest, up front, answer for what YOU think Limbaugh meant by his statement

Here, I'll make it simple for you Justabubba.

Do you believe his statement meant he was going to move, relocate his residence, out of the country for a substantial period of time.

or

Do you believe his statement was to simply leave the country, for an indiscrimiate purpose for an indiscrimiate amount of time, and then come back.

or

Do you believe his statement was that he was going to leave the country when seeking medical insurance.

Please, answer which one of those is what you are suggesting he meant. Then, please provide quotes or some form of evidence that support that interpritation of his statement about leaving.

This thread makes me sad. Rush is an asshole. You don't have to twist his words or take them out of context to show that. Hell, in context, this was Rush being an idiot. Why is there a need to make it something it's not? Rush was not moving away, we could not get that lucky. Rush would seek treatment outside the US. It does not take a rocket scientist to see this.

This thread makes me sad. Rush is an asshole. You don't have to twist his words or take them out of context to show that. Hell, in context, this was Rush being an idiot. Why is there a need to make it something it's not? Rush was not moving away, we could not get that lucky. Rush would seek treatment outside the US. It does not take a rocket scientist to see this.

It doesn't take a cawatabubba to either..... :ssst: :mrgreen:

must confess i do LOVE sticking it to the folks who make bold, yet very half-assed assertions - this time that rush's words were being misrepresented - while at the same time exposing that they are without the ability to articulate the supposed misrepresentations when challenged to do so

how many opportunities have they been given to post the alleged misrepresentation and how many times do they come back with anger at the forum member who seeks proof of the misrepresentation. or they whine that their answer is buried in the 30+ pages of posts but apparently their words are not where they are able to retrieve them to be able to post any misrepresntation

i get it. they are angry. they lost the election. they lost the healthcare fight. they come from a party which is in shambles, with its only prospect for recovery is the failure of the Obama administration to fix the recession brought on by the last republican regime. nothing is going their way, and then catawba and bubba have the temerity to shove it in their faces

you term this delight at nailing the hacks' stupid posts as "partisanship", as if it is a partisan act to expose profound stupidy compounded with hyperbole. so, if it is being partisan to out the flat earthers, then i will wear that badge proudly

Thing is, you nailed NOTHING. YOU interpreted his words in a very strict constructionist way... like when a parent, who's anger at their kid says, "I'm gonna kill you". You are interpreting Rush's comments similarly to believing that the parent is actually threatening to kill their kid. You are doing nothing but making yourself look as ridiculous, hyperpartisan, and misrepresentative as the conservatives who do the same thing. You are NO BETTER than they.

So, no, you nailed nothing other than demonstrating that liberals can be every bit as ridiculous as conservatives. You want to play that way, fine, but remember, don't be hypocritical and complain when the other side does it.

Thing is, you nailed NOTHING. YOU interpreted his words in a very strict constructionist way... like when a parent, who's anger at their kid says, "I'm gonna kill you". You are interpreting Rush's comments similarly to believing that the parent is actually threatening to kill their kid. You are doing nothing but making yourself look as ridiculous, hyperpartisan, and misrepresentative as the conservatives who do the same thing. You are NO BETTER than they.

So, no, you nailed nothing other than demonstrating that liberals can be every bit as ridiculous as conservatives. You want to play that way, fine, but remember, don't be hypocritical and complain when the other side does it.

and i notice you also sidestepped the challenge to point out what of rush's words were misrepresented
so, the offer is still open:
... Limbaugh says the following: "I'll just tell you this, if this passes and it's five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented -- I am leaving the country. I'll go to Costa Rica."

It is not clear if Limbaugh was making a joke, if he was saying he would leaving the country permanently, or if he was saying he would leave just for health care.

The radio host was responding to a caller who asked, "If the health care bill passes, where would you go for health care yourself?" ...
i am leaving the country
i'll go to costa rica

rather difficult statements to misrepresent

but please do point out what you find to have been misrepresented

and i notice you also sidestepped the challenge to point out what of rush's words were misrepresented
so, the offer is still open:
i am leaving the country
i'll go to costa rica

rather difficult statements to misrepresent

but please do point out what you find to have been misrepresented

You posted it yourself, therefore there is no challenge. This is called self-pwnage.

You posted it yourself, therefore there is no challenge. This is called self-pwnage.

that you have failed to show any aspect of misrepresentation of rush's words confirms your position is unsustainable

given that half-assed effort, let's call it your act of self gratification

that you have failed to show any aspect of misrepresentation of rush's words confirms your position is unsustainable

given that half-assed effort, let's call it your act of self gratification

YOU already demonstrated the ambiguity in YOUR post. And given your refusal to admit your error, we can call your participation in this thread nothing but a demonstration of partisan induced dishonesty.

YOU already demonstrated the ambiguity in YOUR post. And given your refusal to admit your error, we can call your participation in this thread nothing but a demonstration of partisan induced dishonesty.

an insistance that there is a misrepresentation of rush's words but a notable inability to articulate that misrepresentation by you and your cohort
thanks for playing

an insistance that there is a misrepresentation of rush's words but a notable inability to articulate that misrepresentation by you and your cohort
thanks for playing

The ambiguity that you yourself have already posted... like I said, this is known as self-pwnage. Thanks for playing.

The ambiguity that you yourself have already posted... like I said, this is known as self-pwnage. Thanks for playing.

so, as with the others, you have nothing ... beyond an unsubtantiated insistence that rush's words were misrepresented - in a way you are unable to explain
unfurl that flag of surrender while you declare victory
i'm not laughing with you

so, as with the others, you have nothing ... beyond an unsubtantiated insistence that rush's words were misrepresented - in a way you are unable to explain
unfurl that flag of surrender while you declare victory
i'm not laughing with you

Blah blah blah blah blah.

All I see is the typed equivalent of a ballerina.

Stop your idiotic strawman. No one can say how you're misrepresenting Rush's words without you ducking and dancing away again because you aren't showing the balls to clearly say how you are representing them. You ***** out of it every single time. You insinuate, you dance around the issue, you skirt close and then skitter away, but you repeatedly refuse to have the spine to actually state clearly and plainly what EVERYONE in this thread can obviously see you'r trying to insinuate. So, while I'm sure your dancing feet will continue to float you merrily on your way, lets try ONE MORE TIME to see if we can actually get some honesty from you

Here, I'll make it simple for you Justabubba.

Do you believe his statement meant he was going to move, relocate his residence, out of the country for a substantial period of time.

or

Do you believe his statement was to simply leave the country, for an indiscrimiate purpose for an indiscrimiate amount of time, and then come back.

or

Do you believe his statement was that he was going to leave the country when seeking medical insurance.

Please, answer which one of those is what you are suggesting he meant. Then, please provide quotes or some form of evidence that support that interpritation of his statement about leaving.

Back
Top Bottom