• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge threatens Trump with jail for court violations: 'I have a job to do'

EnigmaO01

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
"The last thing I want to do is to put you in jail. You are the former president of the United States, and possibly the next president as well,"

So what?! :mad: Is he saying he is above the law because he was a former president and possibly the next president? WTF don't these judges get about no one being above the law?! Damn it stop giving people of power and money special treatment! It needs to stop!

How many times will these judges keep moving the red line for this assclown? I feel like we are in third grade and the teacher keeps saying, "Now Donnie you need to behave or I will give you a time out" over and over again.

Last edited:
Do you think Trump wants to go to jail? Can he successfully sell it as an unjust persecution? Imagine the headlines. Fox News would be on overdrive saying that the Biden Gestapo had arrested the opposition.

Do you think Trump wants to go to jail? Can he successfully sell it as an unjust persecution? Imagine the headlines. Fox News would be on overdrive saying that the Biden Gestapo had arrested the opposition.
He successfully sold the gag order as disallowing him to testify, of course he will be able to sell being incarcerated for violating it as an unjust persecution for his speech (which it isn't).

I'm tired of hearing that argument. He has had enough chances to not successfully argue it as unjust prosecution. Oh sure Faux News will try and spin it as unjust, but they do that all the time anyway, and the usual morons will eat it up. Those morons will not be voting for Biden anyway.

He successfully sold the gag order as disallowing him to testify, of course he will be able to sell being incarcerated for violating it as an unjust persecution for his speech (which it isn't).
He only successfully sold it to the dupes. Most intelligent people know it was a load of crap.

On Monday morning, Merchan held Trump in contempt again for claiming in an April 22 radio interview that the trial was “very unfair” because the jury was picked from an area that is “mostly all Democrat.”

In making that claim, Trump “not only called into question the integrity, and therefore the legitimacy of these proceedings, but again raised the specter of fear for the safety of the jurors and of their loved ones,” Merchan wrote in his ruling.

The thing is, Trump is being held to a stricter standard - he's not getting "more leniency." People have a constitutional right to say that the trial is unfair, and to say that the jury was picked from an area that is mostly Democrat. It literally WAS picked from a mostly democrat area.

And he has a constitutional right to call into question the integrity and legitimacy of the proceedings. And, the suggestion that if he says the trial is unfair and the jury was picked from mostly democrat area is somehow threatening the "safety" of jurors and their loved ones, well, that's plainly bullshit. Trump didn't say anything that was threatening or raises any safety concern. This is clearly an over-the-top gag order. The judge says it's to keep Trump from intimidating witnesses, but there was no evidence that Trump would be doing so. If the Judge's logic holds, then any judge can issue any gag order under the same rubric, whether there is a real concern or not.

And the article you posted is in the propaganda camp - in reality, Hope Hicks' testimony was bad for the prosecution. She layed our that Trump's motivation for keeping stories under wraps was to keep his wife and family from finding out - she even testified about how he didn't want Melania to see news reports because it upset her. So, that strikes against the notion that Trump's intent was solely to influence the election.

He only successfully sold it to the dupes. Most intelligent people know it was a load of crap.

How many dupes are there out there?

Both Biden and Trump have a baked in 40% of the vote, no matter what terrible information comes to light about either of them. That’s how polarized we are.

The calculation Trump will be making is, can I persuade enough voters that haven’t made up their minds yet, that I am being unfairly targeted by a Democrat effort to take my campaign down through “lawfare”? Being put in jail is a powerful image he could use

"The last thing I want to do is to put you in jail. You are the former president of the United States, and possibly the next president as well,"

So what?! :mad: Is he saying he is above the law because he was a former president and possibly the next president? WTF don't these judges get about no one being above the law?! Damn it stop giving people of power and money special treatment! It needs to stop!

How many times will these judges keep moving the red line for this assclown? I feel like we are in third grade and the teacher keeps saying, "Now Donnie you need to behave or I will give you a time out" over and over again.

judge even realizes it, he pointed out to Trump that he doesn't want to put him in jail, but if he does it again, he will. So, I am literally hoping that Trump doubles down so he finds out what a few days in jail is like.

The thing is, Trump is being held to a stricter standard - he's not getting "more leniency." People have a constitutional right to say that the trial is unfair, and to say that the jury was picked from an area that is mostly Democrat. It literally WAS picked from a mostly democrat area.

And he has a constitutional right to call into question the integrity and legitimacy of the proceedings. And, the suggestion that if he says the trial is unfair and the jury was picked from mostly democrat area is somehow threatening the "safety" of jurors and their loved ones, well, that's plainly bullshit. Trump didn't say anything that was threatening or raises any safety concern. This is clearly an over-the-top gag order. The judge says it's to keep Trump from intimidating witnesses, but there was no evidence that Trump would be doing so. If the Judge's logic holds, then any judge can issue any gag order under the same rubric, whether there is a real concern or not.

And the article you posted is in the propaganda camp - in reality, Hope Hicks' testimony was bad for the prosecution. She layed our that Trump's motivation for keeping stories under wraps was to keep his wife and family from finding out - she even testified about how he didn't want Melania to see news reports because it upset her. So, that strikes against the notion that Trump's intent was solely to influence the election.
Try violating a court order x 10....and see how quickly you go to jail for contempt....they won't give you 10 chances.

People have a constitutional right to say that the trial is unfair, and to say that the jury was picked from an area that is mostly Democrat. It literally WAS picked from a mostly democrat area.
He can say anything he wants to about the trial and in fact if he had commented on the potential bias of the jury pool and left it at that he probably wouldn't be in trouble. But he didn't he attacked the jury directly.

I'm sick of all the excuses being for this man. it's always somebody else's fault, Judges, prosecutors, juries......just constant victim hood. DJT is about as far from a victim as can be .......rather he is a victimizer.

Here's how fast a normie will get incarcerated for not listening to the court.

Total time, 4:23, go to 0:45 to skip the intro.

She layed our that Trump's motivation for keeping stories under wraps was to keep his wife and family from finding out - she even testified about how he didn't want Melania to see news reports because it upset her. So, that strikes against the notion that Trump's intent was solely to influence the election.
Two or three sentences under cross compared with many, many statements under oath by her and several other witnesses that it was all about the election. Two things can be true he was really worried about the election and he didn't want to embarrass her two weeks before the election. The prosecutor only has to prove the election was a key motivator not that it was the only one.

judge even realizes it, he pointed out to Trump that he doesn't want to put him in jail, but if he does it again, he will. So, I am literally hoping that Trump doubles down so he finds out what a few days in jail is like.
Trump, correctly, gets a break because he's a former President. And now he's been warned enough. If he does it again, I can't imaging anyone saying he doesn't deserve jail. At this point, it's clear it couldn't happen to a slimier guy. Still, for Trumpers, the law is for suckers. Just what we need leading the country, right?

Try violating a court order x 10....and see how quickly you go to jail for contempt....they won't give you 10 chances.
TFG also has a much bigger platform and way more power than the average citizen.
He know what his Magas are capable of.

I honestly have never believed Trump would be jailed. Now... I dunno... the judge issued an ultimatum and Trump is incapable of controlling his mouth. He may also believe, with good reason, that going to jail will give him a bump in the polls.

Throwing him in jail will back fire as many of these indictments have. Speaking of no one is above the law why hasn't Cohen been given a gag order?

I honestly have never believed Trump would be jailed. Now... I dunno... the judge issued an ultimatum and Trump is incapable of controlling his mouth. He may also believe, with good reason, that going to jail will give him a bump in the polls.
That appears to be all this lawfare has accomplished. Happy Dems?

No, prosecutor or judge wants to prosecute legislators because it would send a 'precedent' in this nation. They would say that how come legislators are being witchhunted for being corrupt and many would believe them. It's bad news when you allow for power to go unprosecuted and the precedence is set. There are just people you can't prosecute. Having said that, Trump belongs in jail. He broke too many laws. And, this makes America looks bad because of what you stated. Sadly, I say throw Trump in jail and disallow him from running for President ever again. And, start prosecuting legislators much more frequently, not only in a state, county, local level. But on a federal level too.

Throwing him in jail will back fire as many of these indictments have.
The judge should not and must not consider political factors.

Speaking of no one is above the law why hasn't Cohen been given a gag order?
Cohen has agreed to stop posting about Trump but if you think of the purpose of a gag order in this case it is to protect against intimidation or threats. Cohen intimidating or threatening Trump is a bit of a stretch to say the least.

It seems Trump’s supporters and his opposition agree on something: they think it would be great if he is thrown in jail.
It would be a horrible spectacle...but would it hurt Trump?

He needs to assign him jail time on the next occurrence. 4/88 can start serving it when the jury goes into deliberations.

The only special treatment that Trump has gotten is that he's there in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom