• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden is the epitome of the white moderate that MLK warned us about. (1 Viewer)

What is this nonsense? He's responsible for Palestinians? How about Ukrainians? Or the millions in China who are oppressed.

Biden is funding a genocide. In Ukraine, he's funding a resistance to military aggression. He's not funding China at all.

I'll be voting against our own Christian nationalist fascist scum.

Another person that has literally zero clue what he's talking about, who he's talking to, and apparently can't tell up from down, or left from right. Speaking from half your ass is just embarrassing.

Yeah, well, you're going to need a better solution than Donald Trump then.

I didn't create this situation, did I? Allocate your blame to those with the power to change things, but don't and won't.

Yeah, no, I'm not interested. I've been fighting the poor treatment of women, and honor killings in that region for quite some time now. I don't like Muslim extremists anymore than I like Christian extremists.

But you seem to have a soft spot for Israeli fundamentalist, who have done 10,000x more damage to innocent Muslims than the Brotherhood of Evil Muslims.

I didn't create this situation, did I? Allocate your blame to those with the power to change things, but don't and won't.
Well there's the thing then, yes? You can complain about Biden all you want, but end of the day he's just the better "choice" compared to Trump.

Well there's the thing then, yes? You can complain about Biden all you want, but end of the day he's just the better "choice" compared to Trump.

Biden could get my vote, but chooses not to. He could get the vote of a wide array of voters, but won't.

I'm not voting for Trump, so...

Pretending my lack of support for Biden is active support for Trump is so 2016. How did that work out?

But you seem to have a soft spot for Israeli fundamentalist, who have done 10,000x more damage to innocent Muslims than the Brotherhood of Evil Muslims.
Israel is a democracy, and I'd like America to stay that way. Hey, there's not that much of a choice this year, and Trump winning isn't an option for me because of who I am. I do not have the privilege to abstain from voting. If you do, for your cause, that's your privilege.

Tel_Aviv_Pride_Parade_Photo_by_Guy_Yehieli_COVER.jpg

250,000 people celebrating gay rights in...???

1) The USA
2) Gaza
3) Tel Aviv

You'll need to be more specific there. There were no 'white moderates' in 1964 and 1965 among the nearly 100% of Democrats outside the South who voted for the CRA and VRA? LBJ wasn't a white moderate? White moderates oppose SSM and extending civil rights to LGBT?

White moderates didn't win those issues, progressive activists did. Through pressure. See this Theresa May clip for details.

What civil rights initiatives of the past 50 years have 'white moderates' resisted?

All of them. They were against same-sex marriage until dragged kicking and screaming into supporting. They were against BDS on South Africa apartheid. They were against CIVIL RIGHTS until progressive activists exerted pressure.

What planet are you living on?

Tel_Aviv_Pride_Parade_Photo_by_Guy_Yehieli_COVER.jpg

250,000 people celebrating gay rights in...???

1) The USA
2) Gaza
3) Tel Aviv
Yep. I think women, children and anyone in the LGBTQ+ community needs to be relocated to a place they have protection from oppression. Stop the bombing yes, no death! of course! But please relocate these people out of the hell they exist in at least for the future generations. Nobody can live free under the Muslim Brotherhood except men.

Gaza is hell on earth for most of its inhabitance.

Israel is a democracy

It's very easy to tell what someone's politics are based on their support of 'Democratic Israel' and demonizing 'The Savage Hordes of Islam'.

🤭

You should know me by now. Stupid "pink washing" posts get mocked.

Pink washing? Sounds like gibberish. WTF is that?

In this case, it's when a fascist government (Israel) uses supposed tolerance for another group as proof that they are civilized and need to be supported (including in genocidal expeditions). It's designed for liberal-moderate consumption, not for people genuinely involved in the movement.

White moderates didn't win those issues, progressive activists did. Through pressure. See this Theresa May clip for details.

All of them. They were against same-sex marriage until dragged kicking and screaming into supporting. They were against BDS on South Africa apartheid. They were against CIVIL RIGHTS until progressive activists exerted pressure.

What planet are you living on?

I think once there is a ceasefire, and your demands are meant you'll go on to ignore the real suffering that has continued in Gaza for decades. I think this is the only opportunity to eliminate all the human rights violations that run rampant in Gaza under the Muslim Brotherhood. We should take advantage of it, and send the people of Gaza to other countries ASAP. I agree with taking as many refugees here as we can. Then close the Gaza torture strip down. Egypt can absorb the territory.
That's just wishful thinking on your part, which is pretty telling of your motives here.
It's very easy to tell what someone's politics are based on their support of 'Democratic Israel' and demonizing 'The Savage Hordes of Islam'.

I don't like religious extremists, regardless of sect, because I'm a female and we get treated like shit from extremists. Again, you are talking from the privileged position of a male.

In this case, it's when a fascist government (Israel) uses supposed tolerance for another group as proof that they are civilized and need to be supported (including in genocidal expeditions). It's designed for liberal-moderate consumption, not for people genuinely involved in the movement.

You're proving here that despite how ugly "freedom" can be, Israel has it. People are just as free to condemn it. You're not going to see that in authoritarian countries are ya. I'd rather have someone make fun of me, than throw acid on my face, or burn me for having a baby girl.

I see. 250,000 paid actors. All for show. The fascists hate gays. It's those simple Gaza people who love gays. The only reason they kill gays in Gaza is because evil Israel makes them do it. With their 250,000 strong gay pride festivals. Those wily fascists and their fake support for the rainbow flag

CT forum is that way >>>>>

I think once there is a ceasefire, and your demands are meant you'll go on to ignore the real suffering that has continued in Gaza for decades.

You mean the stuff I was focused on before October 7th? You mean like being a waste dump for Israel garbage, 70% unemployment, mass food insecurity, mass detention of Palestinians, systematic bombing of civilian infrastructure and civilians... and about a dozen other human rights violations.

Tell me how much you love the West Bank, which was the deadliest year for Palestinians BEFORE October 7th, and which isn't controlled by Hamas. Tell me how much you care.

I think this is the only opportunity to eliminate all the human rights violations that run rampant in Gaza under the Muslim Brotherhood. We should take advantage of it, and send the people of Gaza to other countries ASAP. I agree with taking as many refugees here as we can. Then close the Gaza torture strip down. Egypt can absorb the territory.

I don't know how to respond to this without some massive intellectual insult directed towards you. It's just pure, unadulterated ignorance.

You're proving here that despite how ugly "freedom" can be, Israel has it. People are just as free to condemn it. You're not going to see that in authoritarian countries are ya. I'd rather have someone make fun of me, than throw acid on my face, or burn me for having a baby girl.

Wow, you missed the point of those videos, if you watched them at all.

I see. 250,000 paid actors.

The fascists in Israel will eventually come for the gays, as is the goal. Fascism is, after all, colonialism turned inward. And well, no offense, that you are so easily hoodwinked by pink-washing or 'Juneteenth Day' confirm what I always thought about you and liberal moderates in general. Ginger is confirming it in spades.

I don't like religious extremists, regardless of sect, because I'm a female and we get treated like shit from extremists. Again, you are talking from the privileged position of a male.

'I'm a female, dammit! Quit your chauvinism!'

You being female matters as much as it did for Theresa May.

You mean the stuff I was focused on before October 7th? You mean like being a waste dump for Israel garbage, 70% unemployment, mass food insecurity, mass detention of Palestinians, systematic bombing of civilian infrastructure and civilians... and about a dozen other human rights violations.

Tell me how much you love the West Bank, which was the deadliest year for Palestinians BEFORE October 7th, and which isn't controlled by Hamas. Tell me how much you care.

I don't know how to respond to this without some massive intellectual insult directed towards you. It's just pure, unadulterated ignorance.
Don't bother. I doubt I'm worth the red scarf. But, some advice, we're not all going to agree, and that's the nature of this beast.

Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud party has signed a deal to give an Israeli government post to an openly homophobic ultra-nationalist party leader.

It is the latest development set to give far-right parties unprecedented power within Israel's ruling coalition.

Avi Maoz will be a deputy minister and run a "Jewish identity" authority.

He heads Noam, a religious-nationalist, anti-Arab and anti-LGBTQ party that argues for a strict interpretation of Jewish religious laws in Israel.

The agreement has added to a growing sense of alarm over the composition of Mr Netanyahu's likely government.

Outgoing Prime Minister Yair Lapid has described it as "full-on crazy", while Palestinian leaders have warned about the dangers of an impending "right-wing fascist coalition".

Mr Maoz has described LGBT people as a threat to the family and has said he wants to cancel gay pride parades. His party ran a poster campaign in 2019 with the words "Israel chooses to be normal".

Wow, you missed the point of those videos, if you watched them at all.
I think they made my point actually. Israel is a democracy, not an authoritarian state. Sometimes freedom can include assholes having the same freedom. Not something we in America don't deal with on a daily basis. It comes with the territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom