• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Islam a religion of peace?

Is Islam a religion of peace?

• Total voters
I's just a leftist thing. It's also why they're also against Israel. They can't seem to help themselves.

Not all of us are. And I don't think criticism of some of Israel's policies equates to "against Israel" either. Just as criticism of certain police actions doesn't make one anti-police. You can criticize the Catholic handling of abuse coverups without being against the entire Church. You can criticize members of your own party without being against your political party.

Not all of us are. And I don't think criticism of some of Israel's policies equates to "against Israel" either.
Yeah, sure. It's not the Jews, it's their policies!
Just as criticism of certain police actions doesn't make one anti-police. You can criticize the Catholic handling of abuse coverups without being against the entire Church. You can criticize members of your own party without being against your political party.
And you can criticize Jews and Israel without having any perspective whatsoever. But this thread is about Israel and I served up a distraction, which I shouldn't have done. Back to the religion of the damned.

Not all of us are. And I don't think criticism of some of Israel's policies equates to "against Israel" either. Just as criticism of certain police actions doesn't make one anti-police. You can criticize the Catholic handling of abuse coverups without being against the entire Church. You can criticize members of your own party without being against your political party.

Yeah but DimmensionGuy and some take it to a new level of hypocrisy...

I equally criticized both religions, sorry. All religion is idiotic.

I know that too (about the POSTER you quoted, not the religion)... and you are correct, they are.

The Muslims invaders eventually won, however, as we can see by today's map of the Middle East. Of course they are still after the Jews, aided and abetted by The Little Nazis, found mostly in Europe but elsewhere as well.

Aided by leftwing cheerleaders in the West, who want to make sure they get a nuke.

There are plenty who openly say they would. There are lots who openly want to harm homosexuals and people of other religions. There are lots who want rights only for Christians and not for anyone else. This isn't hard to come up with.

Let's do a list, and compare them to their Muslim counterparts.

Let's do a list, and compare them to their Muslim counterparts.

Geez, you're just like PeteEU in another thread who says that just because illegal aliens got let out of prison by Obama and went on to murder more than 100 people in America, we have lots of other murders so it shouldn't matter.

This isn't about quantities, this is about the fact that it happens at all. And it does.

Maybe you should speak for yourself and learn to substantiate your own arguments.

No, on this issue I speak ion general terms based on persona experience. Your attitude here is a good example of what I'm talking about.

Christians aren't typically cutting off heads, killing homosexuals, committing honor killings, beating women on the streets, keeping women from being educated, forcing them to cover up, stoning people who insult Christianity and not allowing them to drive.

No, but they did far worse for several hundred years longer.

If the past is irrelevant to the current situation, why are you trying to make an equivalence between Christians and Muslims?

You seem to think muslims as a whole evil and irredeemable, based on the conduct of a fraction of muslims.

Christians also did all sorts of things and had a 600+ year head start. If you think Christians are redeemed....aka no longer do that stuff....then you have no reason to think Islam won't stop doing such things either.

It's inevitable, it seems. The 'Oh yeah, what about Christians' argument is as tired and unimaginative as those posting them.

But the hundreth smear-muslims thread.....that's not "tired and unimaginative"....

But the hundreth smear-muslims thread.....that's not "tired and unimaginative"....
Are you thinking 'all Muslims are terrorists' or that Islamists are no longer in the news? As long as there are Muslims carrying out international terror campaigns they'll probably be creating headlines and will therefore be the focus of some threads.

Does that surprise you?

Are you thinking 'all Muslims are terrorists' or that Islamists are no longer in the news? As long as there are Muslims carrying out international terror campaigns they'll probably be creating headlines and will therefore be the focus of some threads.

Does that surprise you?

The fact that a tiny fraction of the 1,500,000,000-2,000,000,000 muslims world wide have carried out or contributed to terrorist attacks does not justify endless smear threads that take the postitions that muslims - and only muslims - are answerable for every single evil act perpetrated by someone who shares their religion.

Neither does the fact that terrorist attacks make headlines.

The fact that a tiny fraction of the 1,500,000,000-2,000,000,000 muslims world wide have carried out or contributed to terrorist attacks does not justify endless smear threads that take the postitions that muslims - and only muslims - are answerable for every single evil act perpetrated by someone who shares their religion. Neither does the fact that terrorist attacks make headlines.
If you want to start a thread on the evils atheists do than go for it. Or on any belief system whatsoever. Are you anti Gay and anti woman? Anti education?

Just yesterday there was another attack by Muslims targeting and killing innocent people. Why not comment? Al Qaeda gunmen drank in bar before unleashing Ivory Coast attack | Reuters

you sure you're not thinking of Christianity?

Peace and Islam

Christianity has been mostly a force of peace, especially in the United States. Ask yourself who ended segregation and Jim Crow Laws.

Answer: Christians. Martin Luther King Jr was a minister, not a atheist.

Does that surprise you?

The fact that a tiny fraction of the 1,500,000,000-2,000,000,000 muslims world wide have carried out or contributed to terrorist attacks does not justify endless smear threads that take the postitions that muslims - and only muslims - are answerable for every single evil act perpetrated by someone who shares their religion.

Neither does the fact that terrorist attacks make headlines.

If you want to start a thread on the evils atheists do than go for it. Or on any belief system whatsoever. Are you anti Gay and anti woman? Anti education?

Just yesterday there was another attack by Muslims targeting and killing innocent people. Why not comment? Al Qaeda gunmen drank in bar before unleashing Ivory Coast attack | Reuters

I'm anti-gay and anti-women because I do not think that two billion people should be held accountable for the acts of criminals within their religious group?

I'm anti-gay and anti-women because I do not think that two billion people should be held accountable for the acts of criminals within their religious group when the people urging me to do so demonstrate massive hypocrisy in not applying the same group-punishment to any other particular religion?

Roughly 70% of Americans are Christian. Americans commit about 1,400,000 violent crimes per year, some including terrorist mass shootings (ie, Dylan Roof). Christians committed far more atrocities, claimed to be committed in the name of Christianity, over the course of their existence than have muslims.

Where's the generalization? Nowhere. Because Americans aren't "the other", and it's always easy to demonize "the other."

I'm anti-gay and anti-women because I do not think that two billion people should be held accountable for the acts of criminals within their religious group?
Certainly. A majority of the members of Muslims are anti Gay. Do you not know that in many Muslims countries it actually carries the death penalty? You can try to be part of the solution in speaking out against this crap or remain part of the problem by defending the indefensible. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death/

I'm anti-gay and anti-women because I do not think that two billion people should be held accountable for the acts of criminals within their religious group when the people urging me to do so demonstrate massive hypocrisy in not applying the same group-punishment to any other particular religion?

Roughly 70% of Americans are Christian. Americans commit about 1,400,000 violent crimes per year, some including terrorist mass shootings (ie, Dylan Roof). Christians committed far more atrocities, claimed to be committed in the name of Christianity, over the course of their existence than have muslims.

Where's the generalization? Nowhere. Because Americans aren't "the other", and it's always easy to demonize "the other."

Certainly. A majority of the members of Muslims are anti Gay. Do you not know that in many Muslims countries it actually carries the death penalty? You can try to be part of the solution in speaking out against this crap or remain part of the problem by defending the indefensible. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death/

Well, if you are calling me anti-gay and anti-women, you are lying for purposes of making a personal attack that will fly under the infraction radar...

You also didn't address the hypocrisy of your position, as if quoting only a portion of my post makes the rest vanish.

abrahamic religions are related to each other.muslims accept Christ as a prophet.take your own rhetoric somewhere else

PakPuk correctly said the Qu'ran contains anti-Christian rhetoric, not anti-Christ rhetoric. There are several verses in which Christian belief is described as blasphemous.

No, but they did far worse for several hundred years longer.

You seem to think muslims as a whole evil and irredeemable, based on the conduct of a fraction of muslims.

Christians also did all sorts of things and had a 600+ year head start. If you think Christians are redeemed....aka no longer do that stuff....then you have no reason to think Islam won't stop doing such things either.

You go ahead and bet your life on it, I won't or my family's.

Back
Top Bottom