• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Indian Wells bee invasion

As far as I know I am very allergic to bee stings, or used to be.
But last summer I'm pretty sure I got stung in the arm because I did pull out what looked like a stinger.
I nervously expected the usual allergic reaction but it never came.

So I am not an expert and I don't know if such allergies resolve on their own or what, I just know that I used to be allergic.

The thought of getting popped by a scorpion scares the shit outta me. Years ago I moved in with an ex, who told me as I was moving in that she occasionally had scorpions but was reassured by the pest/nuisance control company that they'd caulked or done whatever was necessary to prevent them from entering the home. I wasn't so convinced.

Got popped by a variety of stinging insects: bees, wasps, and worst, ground hornets. Those last ones are some mean mother ****ers. Was hiking in northern Georgia along the Chattooga River as part of group of about maybe 10 of us. Toward the front of the line, someone wasn't watching their step and their boot landed on a root that crossed the trail, which had a little gap where they'd established a nest. Before I know it I hear "Ah!" "Ow!" "Shiiiit!" "Run! Go! Go!" No sooner do I hear "Go" when I get popped three or four times. At least they weren't murder hornets.
Despite my experience with those Tarantula Hawk Wasps my biggest concern in Costa Rica and Asia are those damn centipedes.

Scolopendra subspinipes venom can kill a human.

1000010000.jpg

I grew up on a farm with a large raspberry field. In the spring when they bloomed you could hear the humming from the house.

We'd have to go in there and work. Never got stung once 😇

Are you sick of raspberries though?
A very dear departed friend grew up in Vermont and had to work the maple syrup as a kid and he HATED maple syrup! 😆

George French aka Mad George the Wizzard of Venice. (Yes, I shot the commercial- early 1990's)

Back
Top Bottom