• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"I'm going to move to _____ if Trump wins"

Funny.
You haven't achieved anything yet.
Nor is it likely you will.
Importing those who do not hold to those beliefs is what you are doing. That is a recipe for future disaster.

That's what lots of people said when we accepted all those Sikhs and Ugandans escaping from Idi Amin. There's streets in my hometown where the street signs are in Punjabi and you can go for blocks without seeing any English on store windows. It works just fine. This will be the same.
In other words, you are wrong.

That's what lots of people said when we accepted all those Sikhs and Ugandans escaping from Idi Amin. There's streets in my hometown where the street signs are in Punjabi and you can go for blocks without seeing any English on store windows. It works just fine. This will be the same.
In other words, you are wrong.
Wrong.
You are hoping I am wrong.
As I was speaking to the future, only time will tell if I am wrong or am not, not you at this time.

Additionally you are wrong for the following reasons.
1. while there may be exceptions, Sikh and Ugandan's are not of the incomparable beliefs I spoke about, so bringing them up is irrelevant.
2. they also brought their criminal ways with them.
Canada has a similar disproportionate black crime problem like the US and you also have a Punjabi Gang Violence Problem.

So stop with the bs.

You may believe as you wish now, but time will tell.

Last edited:
The top countries people would move to if Trump got elected, based on Google search results.

69,100 Canada
1,070 Mexico
435 Germany
293 Australia
12 United Kingdom
9 France
7 Israel
6 Sweden
5 Denmark
5 Argentina
5 China
4 Iceland
4 New Zealand
4 Japan
4 Ecuador

What ever happened to Costa Rica? If it's good enough for Limbaugh, it's good enough for me.

yeahright. Tell us how to make a successful society. Tell us how to create an atmosphere of community and co-operation and mutual respect. Warn us against the risks and hazards you've avoided. Who wouldn't want tobe instructed in how to emulate your example.

Ouch!

Sad, very sad, but true.

You bragged about Syrian refugees. I told you, you will be sorry. What does have to do with creating a successful society? If you think mass immigration is the answer good luck.

I don't think the word bragged means what you think it does.

I honestly only want people that want to be here. I'm sure Trump would be happy to buy the plane tickets for those traitors that want to leave

A lot of Syrian refugees would like to be here, and you want them here as well. It just goes to show how wrong first impressions can be. See, after reading your sig, I figured you for a crass, heartless winger, but it turns out you do have heart for Syrian refugees no less, and lots of it.

Yeah, America has never partaken in large scale immigration. :doh

Then why start now with people that we cannot even check on. And how do you think America started?

Vetting? That is funny.

Importing folks who have beliefs that are counter to the atmosphere of "community and co-operation and mutual respect" isn't going to bode well for Canada.

So in other words they shouldn't take in any of the "ban all Muslims" folks then. :mrgreen::peace

We'll be sorry? How would you know? When was the last time you got it right about social planning?
If you have a moment of clarity you'll realize that Canada's biggest historical problem is a shortage of people, and another moment might tell you that we're not idiots when it comes to vetting refugees.
Or maybe all that thinking is too hard- in that case, wrap yourself in whatever platitudes keep you warmest and parrot the party line, "Immigrants bad, Muslims bad, Muslims immigrants = demons from hell!!"

First of all social planning is nothing more than redistributing wealth. That they have convinced people that the government knows all is not my fault, and it is a problem and policy that will backfire in a huge way. Get ready for it.

So in other words they shouldn't take in any of the "ban all Muslims" folks then. :mrgreen::peace
Well they aren't actually as incompatible with their general beliefs like those being discussed, nor would they present generational problems like the beliefs of those being discussed will bring in the future.

Well they aren't actually as incompatible with their general beliefs like those being discussed, nor would they present generational problems like the beliefs of those being discussed will bring in the future.

"Generational Problems" huh.

Hatred has a nasty habit of breeding true. And the ban all Muslims folks have already proven they can be worked into a frenzy over the actions of a minority of a minority.

"Generational Problems" huh.
Yes.
GB didn't have any real problems with a handful either.
Only after generations of growth did it become obvious and it will only get worse until there is capitulation.

Hatred has a nasty habit of breeding true.
Which is why the hatred the imported folks beliefs bring will flourish. It is in what they teach to believe. That isn't going to change.

You can ignore reality all you want, it is their beliefs which will bring future problems.

The top countries people would move to if Trump got elected, based on Google search results.

69,100 Canada
1,070 Mexico
435 Germany
293 Australia
12 United Kingdom
9 France
7 Israel
6 Sweden
5 Denmark
5 Argentina
5 China
4 Iceland
4 New Zealand
4 Japan
4 Ecuador

Well those going to Mexico are probably here illegally anyway so let's don't count them.

I'm worried about Canada though.

I like Canada. And that would add 69,100 militant, fanatical progressives to the fairly high percentage of those who are already there, probably enough to tip the balance. That could make Canada as screwed up as we Americans are, and I won't have any place to escape to when I need to escape.

But we would likely be better off without most of those leaving.

Tis a quandary.

Yes.
GB didn't have any real problems with a handful either.
Only after generations of growth did it become obvious and it will only get worse until there is capitulation.

Which is why the hatred the imported folks beliefs bring will flourish. It is in what they teach to believe. That isn't going to change.

You can ignore reality all you want, it is their beliefs which will bring future problems.

Yeah, because all the homegrown whack jobs will feel free to come out of the woodwork as long as their saying **** about Muslims.

Yeah, because all the homegrown whack jobs will feel free to come out of the woodwork as long as their saying **** about Muslims.

You better hope they keep coming out or you will be subjecting future generations to Sharia. Apparently we need a few cities blown up before people realize what we have allowed, and keep allowing to happen.

Also you are letting Islam silence you. That statement clearly shows you are intimidated by threats of violence for criticizing Islam.

Non-responsive as well as lame.

You better hope they keep coming out or you will be subjecting future generations to Sharia. Apparently we need a few cities blown up before people realize what we have allowed, and keep allowing to happen.

Also you are letting Islam silence you. That statement clearly shows you are intimidated by threats of violence for criticizing Islam.

No, I'm not "letting Islam silence me". I fundamentally disagree with the premise that Muslims are all evil, that Islam is the new fascism, etc.

I refuse to let a group which is in the minority of another group(which is also a minority) scare me into changing the way I live or how I treat others.

No, I'm not "letting Islam silence me". I fundamentally disagree with the premise that Muslims are all evil, that Islam is the new fascism, etc.

I refuse to let a group which is in the minority of another group(which is also a minority) scare me into changing the way I live or how I treat others.

No one said that. Islam has some pretty evil ideas.We are going to have to face that.

No one said that. Islam has some pretty evil ideas.We are going to have to face that.

So does every other religion, if you apply everything the book of What Is Not states extremely literally.

And those are the people who are the problem. The extremists. Those who feel that the work is incomplete if people skimp on the little stuff, which everyone does to make life livable. The people whose families have spent generations practicing the traditions of a faith, whether it's Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc are usually pretty chill about things.

It's the converts and die yards, with their need to, as one saying goes, be more Catholic then the Pope, that are the problem. But that's certainly not exclusive to one religion and definitely composes the minority.

So does every other religion, if you apply everything the book of What Is Not states extremely literally.

And those are the people who are the problem. The extremists. Those who feel that the work is incomplete if people skimp on the little stuff, which everyone does to make life livable. The people whose families have spent generations practicing the traditions of a faith, whether it's Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc are usually pretty chill about things.

It's the converts and die yards, with their need to, as one saying goes, be more Catholic then the Pope, that are the problem. But that's certainly not exclusive to one religion and definitely composes the minority.

Do you see what you are doing? You are ignoring what adherents of Islam are doing, right now, in the real world. Comparing it to another religion does nothing to deal with the actual problem. It is just another apology born out of the weakness Islamists take full advantage of.

Do you see what you are doing? You are ignoring what adherents of Islam are doing, right now, in the real world. Comparing it to another religion does nothing to deal with the actual problem. It is just another apology born out of the weakness Islamists take full advantage of.

Don't you see what your doing?

First and foremost, nothing anybody says on an Internet forum is going to change the world.

Secondly, when the extremists have been doing their best to try to make things into an "us vs them" style showdown, about the dumbest thing you could possibly do is play into their hands and purposefully set up an us vs them showdown. The radicals have used a corrupted understanding of Islam to fuel their own ends.

Have you ever seen the movie Kingdom of Heaven? It's a good movie. The point being, of course, is that similarly to the Crusades certain individuals are taking advantage of a strong renewal in faith to try and gain worldly power. Weren't you the one who said the more things change the more they stay the same?

The radicals are going to kill people. It's in their nature. If they weren't killing for Allah, they'd be killing for Marx or their clan or land or money.

Don't you see what your doing?

First and foremost, nothing anybody says on an Internet forum is going to change the world.

Secondly, when the extremists have been doing their best to try to make things into an "us vs them" style showdown, about the dumbest thing you could possibly do is play into their hands and purposefully set up an us vs them showdown. The radicals have used a corrupted understanding of Islam to fuel their own ends.

Have you ever seen the movie Kingdom of Heaven? It's a good movie. The point being, of course, is that similarly to the Crusades certain individuals are taking advantage of a strong renewal in faith to try and gain worldly power. Weren't you the one who said the more things change the more they stay the same?

The radicals are going to kill people. It's in their nature. If they weren't killing for Allah, they'd be killing for Marx or their clan or land or money.

It is us against them. And as I have said before "them" (Muslims) are doing nothing to change that. What does not change is Islam. Their religion says to gain wordly power by whatever means possible. Many times.

Back
Top Bottom