• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Trump loses again, what happens to the GOP?

I've never seen such obvious projection, it's like mass hysteria.

I don't think we'll get that far. My money is on gigantic riots on Nov 6 no matter who wins. We know beyond doubt Trump will invoke the Insurrection Act and use the military to squash the rioters who voted against him and we know that Biden won't use the Act. If Biden wins it likely will be up to the local authorities and state national guard to quell the destruction.

I am sorry to say you are naive.

The Capitol was merely a rehearsal. They were taping too, testing response times, opposing weaponry, deployment tactics etc.

Next time they will know and will be prepared.

It might be premature in asking this question, as we have no idea what will happen in November, but what will happen to the GOP that has gone all in on Trump if he loses in November? Trump will be involved in multiple court problems, but will the GOP continue under the control of Trump and the MAGA wing of the party, or at some point will they revert to being a conservative party similar but updated from before Trump? We know if he loses there will multiple court cases trying to overthrow such a loss and even some violence from his supporters, but after that is over, what then? Will he GOP become the party of people like Greene and Gaetz, or will it move on from them?
I agree that this November is a pure tossup. Mainly because the democrats are nominating about the only candidate that could lose to Trump. The problem with Trump’s republican party is that he and his followers have driven a lot of lifelong republican traditional conservative out. It will never be able to return to being the conservative party it once was. What the GOP is now is Trump’s party. They are following a man, a 7-time party switcher who is totally devoid of a political ideology of his own. He has always adopted the political philosophy of whatever political party he belonged to at the time. The GOP is now a party without a political ideology. They have thrown conservative values, ideals out the window onto the trash heap of history in favor of a man with no values or ideals let along conservative ones.

I assume the MAGA portion of the Republican Party will be fighting for control after Trump is gone. This will be a golden opportunity for the Democratic Party to revisit their past when they were the big tent party, pre-Reagan when 45% of all Americans identified themselves as Democrats instead of today low of 30%. Somehow, I don’t think they’ll take advantage of the opportunity as that would mean moving back toward the middle of the political spectrum which I’m sure the progressive wing of the Democratic Party won’t let them.

Back to the GOP, I suspect it will flounder for a decade or two. But once Trump is gone, that will give the Republican Party a chance to return to traditional conservatism. A chance to move from the far-right extremist back toward the mainstream of modern political America. I doubt that they will either. There’s a big reason why both major parties are shrinking while those who desert both are now becoming independents, swing voters. Why independents have risen from 30% of the electorate in 2006 up to 42% today. A reason lost on both major parties, not just the MAGA Republicans.

It might be premature in asking this question, as we have no idea what will happen in November, but what will happen to the GOP that has gone all in on Trump if he loses in November? Trump will be involved in multiple court problems, but will the GOP continue under the control of Trump and the MAGA wing of the party, or at some point will they revert to being a conservative party similar but updated from before Trump? We know if he loses there will multiple court cases trying to overthrow such a loss and even some violence from his supporters, but after that is over, what then? Will he GOP become the party of people like Greene and Gaetz, or will it move on from them?
Trump's loss will have a large impact on the MAGAs. Even they will realize that a Trump second term will never happen. They will slowly but surely lose interest in their cult leader and in politics as a whole. Republican leaders who try and step up will not be able to re-kindle their enthusiasm to the same extent.

Malaise will increase in the GOP. It will deepen as Trump is convicted of his crimes and his appeals grind through the system to no avail. The MAGAs will take a pause on voting, support third party losers, or support non-viable Republicans like Vivek Ramaswamy. This will decrease their power and cause them to lose more elections. Their numbers will slowly dwindle.

The Trump taint on the GOP will last for at least a decade, maybe longer. At some point the cult will be completely dead and the GOP can rebuild.

Win or lose, eventually Trump will move off the stage and the party will move on dot org.

When that will happen I have no idea.

Well the left is so far left you can't even see the middle. The craziest things come from far left progressives who are driving the democrat party and Joe Bidens administration.
Every republican is so far away from the democrats it's impossible for the lefties to think anything but that they are horrible.
But dems are killing babies and setting violent criminals out on the street to kill. I see how it works with them now.
Please continue the "Democrats are baby killers" rhetoric. Have some yard signs made and put them in neighborhoods all over your home town. Get some "Democrats are Baby Killers" bumper stickers printed and give them to all your friends, neighbors and just random people in the grocery and other retail stores. Get some t-shirts printed and wear them every day.

Please, please, keep it up!

They'll continue working with the Democrats to serve those who really control the states.

As much as I can't stand him, Trump possesses some very rare attributes:

He has a negative "charisma" that appeals to his base.
He presents himself as a "savior" for his base and they buy it, including Evangelicals
He has the ability to grift and his sycophants just keep giving.
He has an 8 year-old's ability to insult others and his base loves it.
He says outrageous things that no other sitting president could have ever said without our being shocked, yet we are used to it.

There are many other attributes I can list, but who else in the current MAGA party has these attributes and could replace him? I don't see it happening.

What will happen to the GOP is whatever Trump wants which is hard to say.

Won't matter what he wants if he not only loses the Prez race, but also if there's damage in the Congressional races (like the 2022 midterms).

Some Republicans blamed the crappy Trump-backed candidates as per the reason the Red Tsunami Wave turned into a small ripple in 2022. If things go bad again this cycle, more will call for him to step aside. And they'll even try to force out his sycophants from the RNC. Bad election cycles usually result in leadership changes just like with coaches/GMs when a sports team has a shit year or back-to-back shit years.

Won't matter what he wants if he not only loses the Prez race, but also if there's damage in the Congressional races (like the 2022 midterms).

Some Republicans blamed the crappy Trump-backed candidates as per the reason the Red Tsunami Wave turned into a small ripple in 2022. If things go bad again this cycle, more will call for him to step aside. And they'll even try to force out his sycophants from the RNC. Bad election cycles usually result in leadership changes just like with coaches/GMs when a sports team has a shit year or back-to-back shit years.

I'll believe that when I see it. It seems like no matter how low he goes, the GOP follows. They should have dropped in back in early 2021.

U.S. District Judge Aileen M. Cannon will be disappointed. I think that her efforts to stall/disrupt the classified documents trial of Donald Trump will not lead to an elevation to a Federal Appeals court appointment under a Biden second term.

Back
Top Bottom