• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How long will Trumpism last?

When will Trumpism fade?

• Total voters
Trump is a lot of things, but he is not authoritarian, neofascist or anti-immigrant...

Let's let those who know him best have a say:

John Kelly, former Trump Chief of Staff: “...has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law. ”

John Bolton, former Natl Security Adviser to Trump: "...thinks everything through a prism of, ‘How does this benefit Donald Trump’?”

Bill Barr, his second Attorney General: “...shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office.”

James Mattis, his first Secretary of Defense: “...first President in my lifetime who...tries to divide us.”

Mark Esper, his second Secretary of Defense: “…wanted...Troops on the streets...and suggested actually that we shoot Americans in the street. This is what we see, willingness to flaunt norms and rules, if you will.”

Gen. Mark Milley, his Chairman of the Joint Chiefs: “We don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator. We take an oath to the Constitution...”

Rex Tillerson, his first Secretary of State: “...understanding of global events,...of global history,...of US history was really limited."

Mick Mulvaney, his former acting Chief of Staff: “...failed at being the President...”

Chris Christie, his Presidential Transition Vice-Chairman: “...is just out for himself.”

H.R. McMaster, his second National Security Adviser: “We saw the absence of leadership...and what that can do to our country.”

Anthony Scaramucci, one of many former Communication’s Directors: “...the domestic terrorist of the 21st century.”

Stephanie Grisham, one of many former Communications Director: “I am terrified of him running in 2024.”

Richard Spencer, his first Secretary of the Navy: “…very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.”

Tom Bossert, his first Homeland Security Adviser: “...undermined American democracy baselessly for months.”

Ty Cobb, his White House lawyer: “...relentlessly puts forth claims that are not true.”

Alyssa Farah Griffin, a former Director of Strategic Communications: “...at this point we cannot stand by the man.”

Sarah Matthews, a former Deputy Press Secretary: “...his actions on January 6 and the lead-up to it,...in the aftermath, and his continuation of pushing this lie...has made him wholly unfit..."

Cassidy Hutchinson, his final Chief of Staff’s aide: “...the most grave threat we will face to our democracy in our lifetime...potentially in American history.”

Well, this is just hilariously all wrong. I don't think I have ever seen such a desperate display of malicious partisanship:

- As Texas Republican Representative Chop Roy clearly tells you, Trump did not close the border in 2017, 2018, 2029, or 2020 as millions came across. And he just ordered your leaders to keep it "open," didn't he?

- It was Obama, in 2015, who lifted the four-decade ban on exporting oil. Thus, in 2018, American began exporting more than it imported. And it was Biden who signed the Willow Oil Project in 2023; and in 2023 the government sold 73 million acres of oil and gas land in the Gulf to private companies. We now pump more oil than Russia and Saudi Arabia.

- Trump's 2017 Tax Cut and Jobs Act perverted the tax-code, added some $11.9T to the national debt (by 2025), and put the country on a path of recession, BEFORE he mismanaged Covid, sending prices through the roof, and wrecked the economy. Biden inherited this, which is why the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 exists.

- Trump created the United States-Taliban deal in July 2020 and left getting out of Afghanistan to Biden. The same thing Bush did to Obama, about getting out of Iraq. In the meantime, Biden has started no wars. Obama started no wars. But Republicans started two, one of which was a lie. Find something else to pretend to care about.

Tells me all I need to know to expect from someone like you. Your obvious misinformation and lies make perfect sense now.

All worth repeating and expanding:

- Like even Bush pointed out way back in 2004, immigrants will keep coming as long as your Republicans dare you to actually give a damn. Republicans owned Congress and the White House between 2016 and 2018. No legislation. Trump did not close the border in 2017, 2018, 2019, and in 2020 as millions came across. Trump just had his Republicans flip from supporting the Border security Bill to rejecting it. But...but...it's an "assault!" Clearly not.

- It was Trump who created the United States-Taliban deal in July 2020 that you call a "surrender." It was Trump's timeline of a "complete withdrawal by May 2021" that Biden had to work with. But funny that above you whine about "not starting any wars," yet here whine about "surrendering."

- Trump added $8T to the debt in just four years, with another $1.9T by 2025, and with the deficit skyrocketed. He grew the debt by 33.1%. Biden, however, has added just $2.5T in four years, growing the debt by 8.8%.

Not in the way you are pretending.
Brandon opened the border.!
The economy was roaring pre-Rona.!
The USA had energy independence.!
Brandon surrendered to the Taliban.!
"This is the kind of deal that gets cooked up behind closed doors," Roy said. "This is not my first rodeo. As chief of staff for Senator Ted Cruz, I was here during the Gang of Eight. I've been here for a number of these fights. The fact is the Senate has cooked this up behind closed doors and they know full well it's dead on arrival here because it just perpetuates the mass migration crisis that the Biden administration has created."
Chip Roy.

Let's let those who know him best have a say:

John Kelly, former Trump Chief of Staff: “...has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law. ”

John Bolton, former Natl Security Adviser to Trump: "...thinks everything through a prism of, ‘How does this benefit Donald Trump’?”

Bill Barr, his second Attorney General: “...shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office.”

James Mattis, his first Secretary of Defense: “...first President in my lifetime who...tries to divide us.”

Mark Esper, his second Secretary of Defense: “…wanted...Troops on the streets...and suggested actually that we shoot Americans in the street. This is what we see, willingness to flaunt norms and rules, if you will.”

Gen. Mark Milley, his Chairman of the Joint Chiefs: “We don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator. We take an oath to the Constitution...”

Rex Tillerson, his first Secretary of State: “...understanding of global events,...of global history,...of US history was really limited."

Mick Mulvaney, his former acting Chief of Staff: “...failed at being the President...”

Chris Christie, his Presidential Transition Vice-Chairman: “...is just out for himself.”

H.R. McMaster, his second National Security Adviser: “We saw the absence of leadership...and what that can do to our country.”

Anthony Scaramucci, one of many former Communication’s Directors: “...the domestic terrorist of the 21st century.”

Stephanie Grisham, one of many former Communications Director: “I am terrified of him running in 2024.”

Richard Spencer, his first Secretary of the Navy: “…very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.”

Tom Bossert, his first Homeland Security Adviser: “...undermined American democracy baselessly for months.”

Ty Cobb, his White House lawyer: “...relentlessly puts forth claims that are not true.”

Alyssa Farah Griffin, a former Director of Strategic Communications: “...at this point we cannot stand by the man.”

Sarah Matthews, a former Deputy Press Secretary: “...his actions on January 6 and the lead-up to it,...in the aftermath, and his continuation of pushing this lie...has made him wholly unfit..."

Cassidy Hutchinson, his final Chief of Staff’s aide: “...the most grave threat we will face to our democracy in our lifetime...potentially in American history.”

I guess you though you proved Authoritarianism, neofascism and anti-immigration with any of that?

So like every politician ever then who has a die hard group of the faithful? Again, you aren't differentiating "Trumpism" sufficiently from any other president ever.
OH LORD. Ok, for the last time. Though by now I would have thought ANYONE would have understood. But since you didn't, I'll try once more and then you are on your own:
Trumpism: mindless minions so monumentally stupid they literally worship Trump far beyond any hero worship for another presidential candidate, to the point of being in a cult, and so monumentally insecure that any criticism of said Trump throws his minions into fits and turns their feelings into bowls of jelly far worse than what happens when other candidates are criticized. FAR WORSE.

I kinda like the blame it on Canadians talking about it answer.
We got big shoulders. We can take the ridicule. Unlike those of a particular political persuasion south of the border ;)

Hopefully not too much longer, the crazies are getting really crazy.

Brandon opened the border.!
Proven Lie. If border encounters between Border Patrol and immigrants occur everyday, how is it "open?" And if it is simply "open" why did Biden and Obrador arrange an out-of-view crackdown?
The economy was roaring pre-Rona.!
Um...no. Thanks to Obama, Trump inherited a growing economy, before his 2017 Tax Cut and Jobs Act retarded growth and added $8T to debt, before he mismanaged "Rona" and wrecked the economy. Note the GDP trend that Trump inherited (the balance):

Great Recession disaster in 2007.

2010: 2.6%
2011: 1.6%
2012: 2.2%
2013: 1.8%
2014: 2.5%
2015: 2.9%
2016: 1.6%
2017: 2.4%
2018: 2.9%
2019: 2.3% <----Lower than 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014, and 2010. Oh no!

THEN...Trump mismanaged "Rona" and wrecked it all. As measured from the World bank:

2017: 2.3%
2019: 2.1% <---- Lower than 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014, and 2010. Oh no!

THEN...Trump mismanaged "Rona" and wrecked it all. As measured from the US Bureau of Economic Analysis:

2010: 2.57%
2011: 1.61%
2012: 1.47%
2013: 2.61%
2014: 2.88%
2015: 1.90%
2016: 2.03%
2017: 2.80%
2018: 2.52%
2019: 2.29% <---- Lower than 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014, and 2010. Oh no!

THEN...Trump mismanaged "Rona" and wrecked it all.

The USA had energy independence.!
Thanks to Obama repealing the crude oil export ban in 2015. Another thing Trump inherited, but took credit for.

Brandon surrendered to the Taliban.!

Trump "surrendered" to the Taliban in June 2020. And because you are a blind loyalist, it means YOU surrendered.

Chip Roy.

So, let's get this straight:

1) I show you a video of Chip Roy telling you that millions came across under Trump's non-closed border in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020, despite you declaring that Trump closed the border...

2) ...and your response is to show me that Chip Roy and other Republicans just rejected legislation to better secure the border, based on Trump's order?

So, since 2017, Trump has been all about that "open" border? It's like you people are so determined to create a legitimate reason to support the traitor that you bumble all over your own excuses to support him.

I guess you though you proved Authoritarianism, neofascism and anti-immigration with any of that?

I guess, after ignoring what you have seen with your own eyes for years and years, you prove that not even his closest advisors telling you what he is, can compete with your false ideas of the man. What would a bunch of his own Chiefs of Staff, military Generals, National Security Advisors, Attorney Generals, Secretaries of Defense, Chairmen of the Joints Chiefs of Staff, Secretaries of State, Communications Directors, Homeland Security Advisors, lawyers, top Aides, and Press Secretaries know. Bunch of nobodies with silly titles, yeah?

Never too late to see him for what he consistently proves to be. Why you cling to the delusions is beyond me. Like he said, "I could shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

Last edited:
Proven Lie. If border encounters between Border Patrol and immigrants occur everyday, how is it "open?" And if it is simply "open" why did Biden and Obrador arrange an out-of-view crackdown?

Um...no. Thanks to Obama, Trump inherited a growing economy, before his 2017 Tax Cut and Jobs Act retarded growth and added $8T to debt, before he mismanaged "Rona" and wrecked the economy. Note the GDP trend that Trump inherited (the balance):

Great Recession disaster in 2007.

2017: 2.4%
2019: 2.3% <----Lower than 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014, and 2010. Oh no!

THEN...Trump mismanaged "Rona" and wrecked it all. As measured from the World bank:

2017: 2.3%
2019: 2.1% <---- Lower than 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014, and 2010. Oh no!

THEN...Trump mismanaged "Rona" and wrecked it all. As measured from the US Bureau of Economic Analysis:

2010: 2.57%
2011: 1.61%
2012: 1.47%
2013: 2.61%
2014: 2.88%
2015: 1.90%
2016: 2.03%
2017: 2.80%
2018: 2.52%
2019: 2.29% <---- Lower than 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014, and 2010. Oh no!

THEN...Trump mismanaged "Rona" and wrecked it all.

Thanks to Obama repealing the crude oil export ban in 2015. Another thing Trump inherited, but took credit for.

Trump "surrendered" to the Taliban in June 2020. And because you are a blind loyalist, it means YOU surrendered.

So, let's get this straight:

1) I show you a video of Chip Roy telling you that millions came across under Trump's non-closed border in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020, despite you declaring that Trump closed the border...

2) ...and your response is to show me that Chip Roy and other Republicans just rejected legislation to better secure the border, based on Trump's order?

So, since 2017, Trump has been all about that "open" border? It's like you people are so determined to create a legitimate reason to support the traitor that you bumble all over your own excuses to support him.
Lol...this is so desperate.
Dude...the jig is up. Americans know the truth because they see it.
You can go to the polls and vote for whomever you like but, the public already knows the truth. Hence Trump leads in the polls. Now Kennedy is in the mix and taking votes from Brandon. The Democrats are so upset that they're now gonna try to destroy RFK Jr.

And in the end, all I really want is to see this one more time.

Giggle...

Lol...this is so desperate.

Dude...the jig is up. Americans know the truth because they see it.

The denialism of MAGA is pathetic.

And America fired Trump. Did you not witness the MAGA temper tantrum on Jan 6? The rest of you have just been clinging to lies and deceit ever since.

And in the end, all I really want is to see this one more time.

Always love seeing how underserving of my country you people are. But you did see that again, in 2021. Only it was in MAGA form. Remember the temper tantrum that saw the National Guard declare MAGA the domestic enemy of America? If only MAGA just yelled out in their despair, huh? No, treachery and treason is the MAGA way.

I guess, after ignoring what you have seen with your own eyes for years and years, you prove that not even his closest advisors telling you what he is, can compete with your false ideas of the man. What would a bunch of his own Chiefs of Staff, military Generals, National Security Advisors, Attorney Generals, Secretaries of Defense, Chairmen of the Joints Chiefs of Staff, Secretaries of State, Communications Directors, Homeland Security Advisors, lawyers, top Aides, and Press Secretaries know. Bunch of nobodies with silly titles, yeah?

Never too late to see him for what he consistently proves to be. Why you cling to the delusions is beyond me. Like he said, "I could shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

Again you say a lot and nothing to show that Trump is an authoritarian, a neofascist or anti-immigrant.

Your whole dumb appeal to authority argument is "Here are people who don't like him.. therefore FASCIST!" :rolleyes:

It will fade when he loses the next election (if he loses)

an addendum to that: especially if he's the cause of another GOP election failure like the 2022 midterms

Again you say a lot and nothing to show that Trump is an authoritarian, a neofascist or anti-immigrant.

Your whole dumb appeal to authority argument is "Here are people who don't like him.. therefore FASCIST!" :rolleyes:

Oh, no, no, no. I showed you what even his former staff have to say about what Trump is. And that was just the tip. But you and your FOX News hosts know better than them, huh? As always, when it comes to exposing Trump for what the entire world has seen for years, you choose to ignore and play obtuse. At this point, this denialism is clearly about self preservation. No point in me going further and laying out the common sense, in accordance to his own words and his own behaviors. You would just ignore that too.

Oh, no, no, no. I showed you what even his former staff have to say about what Trump is. And that was just the tip. But you and your FOX News hosts know better, huh? As always, when it comes to exposing Trump for what the entire world has seen for years, you choose to ignore and play obtuse. At this point, this denialism is clearly about self preservation. No point in me laying out the common sense, in accordance to his own words and his own behaviors. You would just ignore that too.

LOL. You showed me what former staff have to say about him and none of it says he is an authoritarian, neofascist or anti-Immigrant. What you showed me is that people don't like him... no shit, Sherlock.

So, going back to your idiotic authoritative definition, your chosen authority is a idiot who throws around leftist catch phrases because he knows his dumb audience.

They are a continuation of the Tea Party, AFAIK.

They changed a itty bitty bit, sure, but they'll just change again into whatever they think will get them into power next go-round.

The denialism of MAGA is pathetic.

And America fired Trump. Did you not witness the MAGA temper tantrum on Jan 6? The rest of you have just been clinging to lies and deceit ever since.

Always love seeing how underserving of my country you people are. But you did see that again, in 2021. Only it was in MAGA form. Remember the temper tantrum that saw the National Guard declare MAGA the domestic enemy of America? If only MAGA just yelled out in their despair, huh? No, treachery and treason is the MAGA way.
MAGA MAGA MAGA.
I always find it silly that Make America Great Again is so abhorrent to some people. Yet watching their absent minded leader it's obvious these people want a crappy America.

This is not a poll about whether you love Trump like he is your Savior or whether you hate Trump with passion.

Americans are stuck with Trumpism. Should he win the next election, it will be with you all for another decade (my guess). If he loses, it may fade by the next election cycle. Or not. Depending if Trump takes the loss poorly and decides to try his luck again in 2028.

Being stuck with Trumpism, there is a belief that "this too shall pass." Just like McCarthyism passed. Like Reaganism passed. Ok, just like Obamaism has passed (despite the comics on here who believe it is Obama running the White House, not Biden).

It has to pass eventually, though some might say it won't. That Trumpism will survive Trump and become a movement.

I have my guess. Trumpism will diminish only after Trump has passed away. Even detoothed, and aging out in Mar something or other, as long as he is breathing, there will be Trumpism. BUT, that is just my guess.

I am interested in YOUR guess.
Option #3. I agree with you 100%. "Trumpism" will only fade when Trump dies. His losing the election in 2020 didn't hurt his popularity with his cult, neither will it in 2024. "Trumpism" is a cult of personality, period.

I suspect it will persist even after Trump loses or even dies. It has shown itself in various guises since Barry Goldwater’s unexpected success in the south with dog whistle appeals to “states’ rights” and economic libertarianism, to Nixon’s Southern strategy, to Reagan’s talks of Cadillac driving welfare queens, to Sarah Palin, to the Tea Party and birtherism.

This is unfortunately much more than just about Trump.
Whom do you think can be a Trump substitute? DeSatan tried and crashed and burned, miserably.

its what it represents

America first
American citizens first
secure border
drain the swamp
stop paying for the worlds problems
less taxes

things like that resonate with many American's
Trump didn't "walk the walk" with anything on that list except for the draconian tax cut. All the rest was just talk.

Whom do you think can be a Trump substitute? DeSatan tried and crashed and burned, miserably.

It will resurrect and manifest in all sorts of ways. There are lots of racists, xenophobes, misogynists, theocrats, fascists, plutocrats, Q/other conspiracy theorists, anti-vax and anti-science folks, and all sorts of other delightful deplorables in that basket. It will show itself in one way or the other. It it's not Trump, there is no shortage of others willing to take up the mantle, I am sure.

Last edited:
disagree and that is a major separation between the two parties
The major separation between the two parties now is that one party prefers people elected via our current system and the other refuses to accept a victory of anyone else except for their candidate. It's why over 100 cops were injured and so many people sent to jail over the failed 1/6/21 coup.

Trumpism will die with Trump because it is a cult of personality. His followers will then slink back to following non political crass celebrities on the internet and TV and falling for the latest conspiracy theories.
Precisely! You beat me to it. Trump's "superpowers" are to play the media in order to manufacture a persona and his ability to harness Christian white grievance.

Option #3. I agree with you 100%. "Trumpism" will only fade when Trump dies. His losing the election in 2020 didn't hurt his popularity with his cult, neither will it in 2024. "Trumpism" is a cult of personality, period.
Maybe for his hardcore supporters but I would imagine the majority will be expecting results, i see it as two years if he wins or not

Precisely! You beat me to it. Trump's "superpowers" are to play the media in order to manufacture a persona and his ability to harness Christian white grievance.
"AHHH!!! TRUMPISM!!! WHITE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE!!! AHHH!!! WE ALL GONNA DIIIEEE!!!"

Maybe for his hardcore supporters but I would imagine the majority will be expecting results, i see it as two years if he wins or not
Not only did Trump lose in 2020, but in 2022, close to 100% of the candidates Trump endorsed, lost. He's only more popular now, than he was in 2020. One of Trump's strengths is his ability to get people to cling to conspiracies. Look at how close he and Biden are in the polls. Trump's sewing of chaos into the reservoir of information has worked.

Back
Top Bottom