• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How does Europe feel now?

Well when news stories are reporting that they are seeing large numbers of people coming in, what other explanation is possible.

is it possible that those news reports are designed and written to play on certain preconceived notions about what might be happening? perhaps certain news outlets know that they can achieve the highest ratings and web traffic by exaggerating and writing alarmist-style news reports.

Time for the citizens to wake up and "slap their governments on side the head"

What is interesting is how quickly the EU governments are scrambling to implement a number of secret service instruments, surveillance methods and data mining they demonized in the USA and are shoving suvreign rights to Brussels it was thus far thought illegal to take from nations.

Sweden asylum worker, 22, is stabbed to death ?in frenzied attack? at CHILD migrant centre as refugee boy, 15, is arrested for murder  | Daily Mail Online

I can tell you how Sweden feels now. Sick of the 'ensamkommendeflykningbarn' farce. Yes, all one word - alone coming refugee children. This '15 year old' may be any age up to thirty. Many migrants claim to be 'children' for additional benefits. Up until about 7 years ago such claims were sometimes tested by medical and dental examinations. These were stopped when it was ruled that they were 'too stressful' for the already traumatised ............ So now any hulking shyster with a healthy growth of beard is accepted as a child if he says he is one. His country of origin will be whatever he says it is and each and every lie he tells will go unquestioned.

Meanwhile we will mourn this dead woman and her poor family.

is it possible that those news reports are designed and written to play on certain preconceived notions about what might be happening? perhaps certain news outlets know that they can achieve the highest ratings and web traffic by exaggerating and writing alarmist-style news reports.

Please see my post at #129 for an 'alarmist-style new report'.

When reading the European Press, you need to be very, very careful about drawing conclusions based on what you read. Almost every European paper has some political axe to grind.

As opposed to ....... ? Am I to understand that that the US press, for example, is strictly neutral and lavishes praise in equal measure upon Mrs Clinton and Mr Trump?

It's really terrible, We're overrun!

Your graph's disingenuous. Germany, for example, had almost 1 million migrants enter the country through November of last year (Number of Migrants Coming to Germany Slows in Recent Weeks - WSJ). Obviously, that's more than what your chart indicates, so we can conclude that only about 1/4 of those entering the country formally sought asylum. To the OP's original point, it's clear the rise of rightest leaders like Geert Wilders in the Netherlands and Marine Le Pen in France demonstrates that European tolerance is wearing thin.

The chart is what it is. It doesn't cover November, so it tells no lies.

I don't see any kind of overrunning, actually. But your implication seems negative, and I don't see any hordes of that variety either.

What other explanation is possible? How about that in a country of 65 million people, a few thousand refugees simply isn't a noticeable amount. And they don't seem to be making any particularly strong effort to get themselves noticed either.

Ah, so whatever someone else said they read in whatever hair-brained source they got that from is obviously more true than actual reality, which is that the UK hasn't taken in very many refugees, and there is no noticeable affect from the ones they have taken, as reported by people who actually live here. Well, glad we cleared that up.
Germany is having issues. 1 is other EU countries refusing to accept a quota of refugees. Germans Police/Officials are now stopping refugees prior to entry, checking the claims, and sending many away, approx 100-200 per day from what i read a few days ago.

As opposed to ....... ? Am I to understand that that the US press, for example, is strictly neutral and lavishes praise in equal measure upon Mrs Clinton and Mr Trump?

I think he is referring more to do with the way so much of the European press is so fearful of Muslims that it buries the things they do rather than bringing them to the light of day -- the reluctance to report on the organized campaigns of sexual crimes in several different countries , for instance.

It's nothing like the European Press, which always has a political agenda and is often tied directly to a political party.

As for Donald Trump, he's a racist demagogue who deserves all of the bad press he gets. His latest is that he thinks families of 'terrorists' - including women and children - should be killed and that voters would still vote for him even if he shot somebody. Luckily for him he found some people - the Ri9ght wing of the republican party - who believe all that bull**** too.

And Hilary Clinton is hardly being lionized by the supposedly left wing American media.

It's really terrible, We're overrun!

CZfpB_jWkAAd6xV.jpg:large

Applications for 9 months in 2015; not including the multitudes that didn't bother to apply during that period!

In addition to how many million that are already there not to mention the hoards that will continuously follow!

Europeans had better wake up and stop denying the obvious because it will be too late much sooner than you think!

...Really?

I live here. And furthermore, I live in the place where most immigrants wind up going.

I haven't seen any hordes of immigrants trying to overthrow society. Or any hordes at all, really.

But what do I know? I just live here. Surely your fourth-hand gossip source knows more than I do.

Nope no sharia courts, no go zones, child sex enslavement, riots, burning cars, and mob gang rapes.

Applications for 9 months in 2015; not including the multitudes that didn't bother to apply during that period!

In addition to how many million that are already there not to mention the hoards that will continuously follow!

Europeans had better wake up and stop denying the obvious because it will be too late much sooner than you think!

There are about 4.6 million or so 'registered' Syrian asylum seekers, but there is at least another 1.5 million if not more that just entered to other countries, possibly illegally. That is per the United Nations Human Rights Council.
Most of them are still in the middle east in various countries. I count about ~1.4 million that have fled to countries that are not middle eastern countries.
In looking at it basically about 22-23% of the entire population (6+ million) , has left the country and another 4-5 million ( again a UN estimate ) could leave for asylum. that will be almost half the population of Syrias 22 million.

There are about 4.6 million or so 'registered' Syrian asylum seekers, but there is at least another 1.5 million if not more that just entered to other countries, possibly illegally. That is per the United Nations Human Rights Council.
Most of them are still in the middle east in various countries. I count about ~1.4 million that have fled to countries that are not middle eastern countries.
In looking at it basically about 22-23% of the entire population (6+ million) , has left the country and another 4-5 million ( again a UN estimate ) could leave for asylum. that will be almost half the population of Syrias 22 million.
I'm simply amazed at the number of Europeans that are in denial of what's happening to their homeland_

Although the same thing is happening in here in the U.S. as well but thankfully not to the same extent__Yet!

Western Civilization will be doomed if the sensible people don't take charge of this situation; and very soon_

I'm simply amazed at the number of Europeans that are in denial of what's happening to their homeland_

Although the same thing is happening in here in the U.S. as well but thankfully not to the same extent__Yet!

Western Civilization will be doomed if the sensible people don't take charge of this situation; and very soon_

'Homelands' in the plural Empirica. It is only the EU fanatics who pretend that we all have the same one. Some of our 'leaders' do understand what is happening and others are finding it expedient to pretend that they do.

Here the so called Moderate Party, having spent a couple of decades calling the SwedishDemocrats 'nazis' because they did not approve of mass immigration are now trying to steal some of SD's clothes. Not very successfully as they are still dropping in the polls while SD has risen to 28.8% making them the largest party. Which of course makes you right to be amazed - where are the other 71%?

Sweden asylum worker, 22, is stabbed to death ?in frenzied attack? at CHILD migrant centre as refugee boy, 15, is arrested for murder* | Daily Mail Online

I can tell you how Sweden feels now. Sick of the 'ensamkommendeflykningbarn' farce. Yes, all one word - alone coming refugee children. This '15 year old' may be any age up to thirty. Many migrants claim to be 'children' for additional benefits. Up until about 7 years ago such claims were sometimes tested by medical and dental examinations. These were stopped when it was ruled that they were 'too stressful' for the already traumatised ............ So now any hulking shyster with a healthy growth of beard is accepted as a child if he says he is one. His country of origin will be whatever he says it is and each and every lie he tells will go unquestioned.

Meanwhile we will mourn this dead woman and her poor family.

It would ruin the narrative of the thread but be a balance to comment that the other residents of the asylum centre overpowered the murderer and held him prisoner before police arrived.

Longer term, there is a huge draw on policing resources - "Sweden's National Police Commissioner, Dan Eliasson, has requested 4,100 additional officers and support staff to help fight against terrorism, carry out migrant deportations and police asylum facilities, Swedish news agency TT reports."

Sweden's open door policy (like Germany's) has attracted asylum seekers and migrants across many parts of Europe and will have repercussions for years to come.

It would ruin the narrative of the thread but be a balance to comment that the other residents of the asylum centre overpowered the murderer and held him prisoner before police arrived.

Sweden's open door policy (like Germany's) has attracted asylum seekers and migrants across many parts of Europe and will have repercussions for years to come.

I am not sure if the other residents had detained the murderer 'the narrative of the thread would have been ruined'. But this did not happen; he was overpowered by other staff members.

It's nothing like the European Press, which always has a political agenda and is often tied directly to a political party.

As for Donald Trump, he's a racist demagogue who deserves all of the bad press he gets. His latest is that he thinks families of 'terrorists' - including women and children - should be killed and that voters would still vote for him even if he shot somebody. Luckily for him he found some people - the Ri9ght wing of the republican party - who believe all that bull**** too.

And Hilary Clinton is hardly being lionized by the supposedly left wing American media.

Can you post a link regarding killing the families of terrorists? Also which race are you referring too exactly because Islam is not a race it is an anti-Semitic, totalitarian, misogynistic, homophobic, theocratic, and violent ideology no different from Nazism.

here is where there is a problem.

i have merely stated i have read stories, and i have because you can see them for yourself on the net.

whether you think they are accurate or not, it still does not take away from the fact i have read stories, which state Europe is being overrun.

In the Daily Fail, which is a comic for right-wingers.

I am not sure if the other residents had detained the murderer 'the narrative of the thread would have been ruined'. But this did not happen; he was overpowered by other staff members.

Early reports here suggested there were other staff members there. This is now denied and it is said she was alone on a night shift. But the main point remains - the supposed 'children' pose a danger to those looking after them and to the public.

Two weeks ago another similar 'home' , run by the same organisation near to where I live, was burnt to the ground by disgruntled residents. No one was killed or seriously injured in that incident.

In the Daily Fail, which is a comic for right-wingers.

Not so. Reports in the Daily Mail are as accurate as in any other newspaper. It is hated by lefties like Zyzygy because it sometimes strays from their PC world view.

Back
Top Bottom