• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Clinton groups half of Donald Trump's supporters in 'basket of deplorables'

Re: Hillary Clinton groups half of Donald Trump's supporters in 'basket of deplorable

You're not a bright one, are you? It'd have still remained unoriginal, but you could've modified your plagiarism of my post so as to fit the narrative surrounding Hillary.

Sorry, but it's not plagiarism. It's sarcasm.

Re: Hillary Clinton groups half of Donald Trump's supporters in 'basket of deplorable

I agree 100%. Of course, Donald Trump notwithstanding. He gets to insult whoever he wants to insult. That's encore material for him.

Donald's in a league of his own when it comes to acting juvenile and insulting everybody. Obviously he's not presidential material. I just don't want to see my candidate attempt to get in on his act.

You know, calling those supporting the other candidate "trash," no matter which candidate you support, doesn't encourage civil debate, and it's really unfair too.

I support no candidate; so I have no partisan motivation in denigrating Trump and his followers. More importantly, justice is to give to each what's due to him, and I accordingly obliged. I have no interest in having a debate with a Trump supporter, civil or otherwise, as they lack the faculties and rectitude for that. I'm not in the business of bestowing equality on equals and unequals alike.

Biden would have beaten Clinton had he decided to run and he'd be a country mile ahead of Trump.

Remember this when anyone says that Democrats are the smart ones.

I support no candidate; so I have no partisan motivation in denigrating Trump and his followers. More importantly, justice is to give to each what's due to him, and I accordingly obliged. I have no interest in having a debate with a Trump supporter, civil or otherwise, as they lack the faculties and rectitude for that. I'm not in the business of bestowing equality on equals and unequals alike.

I agree. Having a discussion with fools is tiresome. Good day to you.

Sorry, but it's not plagiarism. It's sarcasm.

It's plagiarism meant as inept sarcasm.

Well, for one thing, she's got the IRS and the rest of the bureaucracy behind her.

You remember what happened to that woman who started True the Vote, right? The IRS, the EPA, OSHA, and other agencies all decided to audit her business all of a sudden, basically trying to destroy her. I expect it will be something like that for starters.

Let's see. We have LowDown now scheduled for an audit. Anyone else up for an audit? Oh, and you have a broken tail light, too.

Well, I can't say that I disagree with her except I would put the numbers more around 65-70%

But neither is it lost on me that someone as deplorable as Hillary Clinton is pointing fingers at other deplorable people.

Most of the history books on this election will boil down support for these two candidates exactly along those lines. Then the next step will be writing much worse of the candidates themselves.

Just 50%? boy is she being soft.

At this point in the election cycle, I don't care for your motives to support Trump, as no one can plead ignorance or disenchantment any more given the time they had to either see Trump for who he is or snap out of their emotionalism. If you support Trump, you're trash, and I rebuke any country that legitimizes its trash.
Well, okay there, Oscar.

So you think that your words are so cutting that you don't wantthem thrown back at you?? You are a joke.

If someone is going to throw my words back at me in the form of sarcasm, I expect him to be bright enough to modify them so as to serve that purpose. Look at his post and tell me it makes sense to you.

Donald's in a league of his own when it comes to acting juvenile and insulting everybody. Obviously he's not presidential material. I just don't want to see my candidate attempt to get in on his act.

I don't recall Trump insulting the voters. His opponents and critics, certainly, but not the voters.

Of course, when Democrats mistake legitimate criticism for insults it takes the power out of any objection to Trump insulting people. When Trump says that Hillary isn't fit to be President it isn't an insult. It's a fact.

I agree, though it's possible we agree for different reasons.

It's possible.

If someone is going to throw my words back at me in the form of sarcasm, I expect him to be bright enough to modify them so as to serve that purpose. Look at his post and tell me it makes sense to you.

In my opinion it works a lot better for Hillary and her supporters than it does for Trump and his supporters. I'm just trying to be honest here.

I don't recall Trump insulting the voters. His opponents and critics, certainly, but not the voters.

Of course, when Democrats mistake legitimate criticism for insults it takes the power out of any objection to Trump insulting people. When Trump says that Hillary isn't fit to be President it isn't an insult. It's a fact.

“@mygreenhippo#BenCarson is now leading in the #polls in #Iowa. Too much#Monsanto in the #corn creates issues in the brain? #Trump#GOP“

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 22, 2015

Link.

Clinton insulted Trump's voters, an act I disapprove of. Donald, however, has been insulting Hispanics, Muslims, blacks and probably Inuits for all I know since he started running for President. He's covered a lot more ground.

We don't need a White Nationalist party.

It's possible.

My main beef is that we're clearly grading Donald on a curve, a point I think it's likely you agree with, but may not be your primary point. If your primary point was that Clinton shouldn't have been the Democratic candidate to begin with, we would agree on that as well.

In my opinion it works a lot better for Hillary and her supporters than it does for Trump and his supporters. I'm just trying to be honest here.

How exactly is that? How in the world can disillusion and emotionalism serve as the motive behind supporting an uber rich and powerful establishment democrat?

I can understand that. What turns SOME people on about The Donald is the EXACT same thing that turns even more people off. This election will be a good metric to see just how "deplorable" our nation's citizenry has really become. I'm betting with the odds. I just don't think there are enough of those kind of people in America to get someone like Trump elected. I still believe in the overall goodness of the USA.

But on the flip side, if The Donald DOES win...... That means Hillary lost. That would be of SOME consolation.

Either way. We're screwed. Might as well have a Hurricane Party.

So you support political correctness?

How you get this out of what I said I have no idea.

Last edited:

I can understand that. What turns SOME people on about The Donald is the EXACT same thing that turns even more people off. This election will be a good metric to see just how "deplorable" our nation's citizenry has really become. I'm betting with the odds. I just don't think there are enough of those kind of people in America to get someone like Trump elected. I still believe in the overall goodness of the USA.

But on the flip side, if The Donald DOES win...... That means Hillary lost. That would be of SOME consolation.

Either way. We're screwed. Might as well have a Hurricane Party.

Except the thing is that unlike Donald we actually have a voting and policy history of Clinton's to look back on. And what I see is that a Clinton term (almost certainly singular) would see four years that won't get better, but really won't get any worse. Donald, on the other hand, will be catastrophic for our economy and international relations in a way that will leave us significantly more weakened than we are today. This is based on comments that have already created very real situations abroad and economic policies that are alarmingly ignorant of how anything works.

[FONT="][I]When Hillary Clinton takes a look at Donald Trump's supporters, she sees half of them as a basket of nuts. [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]Clinton ripped 50% of Trump supporters during a LGBT fundraiser in lower Manhattan Friday evening, grouping them into a "basket of deplorables." <snip>

Clinton groups half of Trump's supporters in deplorable 'basket' - NY Daily News

Well, I can't say that I disagree with her except I would put the numbers more around 65-70%

But neither is it lost on me that someone as deplorable as Hillary Clinton is pointing fingers at other deplorable people.[/FONT]

Obviously, anyone who won't saute the Queen has something wrong with them because the Queen is never wrong.

When Hillary Clinton takes a look at Donald Trump's supporters, she sees half of them as a basket of nuts.
Clinton ripped 50% of Trump supporters during a LGBT fundraiser in lower Manhattan Friday evening, grouping them into a "basket of deplorables." <snip>

Clinton groups half of Trump's supporters in deplorable 'basket' - NY Daily News

But neither is it lost on me that someone as deplorable as Hillary Clinton is pointing fingers at other deplorable people.

I saw her deplorable basket snippet. She makes me sick. That comment is the same desperation a boyfriend uses when he says, in an argument, "Are you on your period?? You're acting NUTZ." I hope Americans aren't naive enough to buy the **** she's selling.

I'm not deplorable. I will be voting for Donald Trump.

My family in Kentucky are wonderful people. They will be voting for Donald Trump. They are not racists or any other FORM of -ists. They are hard-working people who are smart enough to realize that regular OL' politicians have let them down. And they're sick of it. They're sick of their fly-over concerns being neglected by the political elite and hope that Donald Trump will shake things up. They are not deplorable. They are -- school teachers, church elders, Federal employees, dentists, plant managers, construction workers, preschool teachers, stay-at-home moms and more.

It is a sad sad state of affairs when people are RIDICULED for supporting their candidate...a candidate who won his primary over career politicians because he offers the hope of difference. He is a symptom. The symptom is disgust with the status quo.

I saw her deplorable basket snippet. She makes me sick. That comment is the same desperation a boyfriend uses when he says, in an argument, "Are you on your period?? You're acting NUTZ." I hope Americans aren't naive enough to buy the **** she's selling.

I'm not deplorable. I will be voting for Donald Trump.

My family in Kentucky are wonderful people. They will be voting for Donald Trump. They are not racists or any other FORM of -ists. They are hard-working people who are smart enough to realize that regular OL' politicians have let them down. And they're sick of it. They're sick of their fly-over concerns being neglected by the political elite and hope that Donald Trump will shake things up. They are not deplorable. They are -- school teachers, church elders, Federal employees, dentists, plant managers, construction workers, preschool teachers, stay-at-home moms and more.

It is a sad sad state of affairs when people are RIDICULED for supporting their candidate...a candidate who won his primary over career politicians because he offers the hope of difference. He is a symptom. The symptom is disgust with the status quo.

It's a funny thing to use the "are you on your period?" reference when Donald did specifically that.

Let's see. We have LowDown now scheduled for an audit. Anyone else up for an audit? Oh, and you have a broken tail light, too.

I usually get audited by mail. The IRS sends me a letter claiming that I owe this or that. It never amounts to much. When you work for a large organization, have your money invested in a company like Merrill Lynch, keep your money in a big bank, etc., then everything there is to know about you has already been reported to the IRS. There's not much to talk about at an audit.

I do worry about the EPA declaring my back yard a wetland, though.

Maybe she's trying to use a card from Trump's deck, (what with the insults and all....)

But to be fair, after all the **** these "deplorables" have thrown at her over the years, it's not surprising that she would eventually strike back and call them out for what they are. The Donald wouldn't have waited nearly as long.

But I have to wonder. When Hildabeast points out the deplorable, does she realize she has FOUR fingers pointing back at her? She is as deplorable as The Donald and ANY of his supporters. Where does she get off?

I think supporting Clinton is equally deplorable.

I agree. I pretty much don't like anyone running.
In fact the only reason I am going to vote is to vote against the women.

She makes Nixon look like a saint.

Her label isn't anything she hasn't earned. All she is doing is insulting people that have done nothing wrong other than not
Think the same way she does.

Back
Top Bottom