• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High Court Rejects Appeal Over Ban on Guns at Post Offices [W:76]

OK.........You go first.........

Idiotic remark and avoidance

When you have finished playing avoidance go back and answer my post line by line. You asked for debate now debate. Let us see how good you are at debating and not avoiding.

U.S. court rejects challenge to Colorado gun control laws | Reuters
U.S. court rejects challenge to Colorado gun control laws

“A federal appeals court on Tuesday ordered a lower court judge to dismiss a lawsuit challenging gun control laws approved by Colorado in the wake of a movie theater massacre in a Denver suburb, saying the plaintiffs lacked standing to bring the case.

The measures, which passed the Colorado legislature and were signed into law by Governor John Hickenlooper, a Democrat, in 2013 were considered a victory by gun-control activists in a state where gun ownership is treasured.

The legislation was prompted by the July 2012 shooting rampage at a midnight shooting of a "Batman" movie in Aurora that killed 12 people and the slaying later that year of 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newton, Connecticut.

The laws, which banned ammunition magazines with more than 15 rounds and required universal background checks for gun buyers, prompted a fierce backlash from critics that led to voters recalling two key Democratic members of the state legislature….

The court is following the law as defined by Heller…………….

The constitution is the law not Heller. Some education is needed here but I suppose it is a government institution so they are often smote with love of others idiocy if money and position are involved

Reasonable gun safety and control laws are appropriate and do not violate 2nd Amendment…………

"shall not be infringed unless they are reasonable laws". Do you see that in the constitution? Can you point me to these words? Don't tell me what some government lackey in his delusional state can see as it is irrelevant. For all I know somebody paid him to say that. He could not possibly have deduced it from the wording of the 2A. That is impossible.

Now as understand it……… You have an issue with this as the law of the land!

It is incumbent on citizens not to obey bad laws. The old I was ordered to got tossed in the Nazi trials

Any idea how long that dufus judge would last debating here?

Last edited:
High Court Rejects Appeal Over Ban on Guns at Post Offices - ABC News
High Court Rejects Appeal Over Ban on Guns at Post Offices

The Supreme Court won't hear a dispute over a U.S. Postal Service regulation that bans guns from post office property and adjacent parking lots.

The justices on Monday let stand an appeals court ruling that said the Second Amendment right to bear arms does not extend to government buildings or the parking areas that serve them.

The case involved Colorado resident Tab Bonidy, who has a permit to carry a concealed handgun. He sought a court order striking down the regulation after learning he would be prosecuted for carrying his gun while picking up mail at his local post office or leaving it in his car.

The Obama administration argued that the Second Amendment does not restrict laws forbidding guns in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings.

The term "going postal" in the lobby is now against the law..........

Yeah, I know ..........."laws do not prevent these things from happening" .......... but they will go a long way to prevent "accidents"

These test cases get crazier and crazier. If we take a look at Tab Bonidy we can easily see what his motivations are:

Tab Bonidy.jpg

Here is as the continually politically active "law abiding citizen" 2 years ago:

Bonidy politics.jpg

It's not about the second amendment: it's all about Tab Bonidy.

It's presumptuous in the extreme for people like this to play with the public's right to safety for the sake of political gain and personal gain.

so tell me what this has to do with the price of eggs?.............you offering a non sequitur........is not an argument equal to the force of a SCOTUS decision

Are you playing dumb? It is all the proof anyone should need to know that gun bans are useless, because criminals and those that wish to commit horrendous acts of murder do not care one iota what laws are passed. I am not arguing laws before the courts, that is specialty of others such as TurtleDude. I already know bans do not work as do most law enforcement agencies across the Nation and laws such as not allowing mags over 10 rounds are pointless and change nothing in any way other than to make the ignorant "feel" better. I have provided you with the proof and I am sure you will ignore it. You want to talk about Supreme Court cases but want to ignore the root of those cases, meaning laws that have no effect on crime or mass shootings other than to deny responsible citizens from exercising their Rights, noted.

Are you playing dumb? It is all the proof anyone should need to know that gun bans are useless, because criminals and those that wish to commit horrendous acts of murder do not care one iota what laws are passed. I am not arguing laws before the courts, that is specialty of others such as TurtleDude. I already know bans do not work as do most law enforcement agencies across the Nation and laws such as not allowing mags over 10 rounds are pointless and change nothing in any way other than to make the ignorant "feel" better. I have provided you with the proof and I am sure you will ignore it. You want to talk about Supreme Court cases but want to ignore the root of those cases, meaning laws that have no effect on crime or mass shootings other than to deny responsible citizens from exercising their Rights, noted.

More little boy hero dreams?.............It is more likely the gun you have to "protect your family" will be burgled from your underwear drawer before it will be fired in defense of your property....... And trust me......ISIS ain't ever going to come knocking at your door..............

BTW

No one is calling for gun bans.............just common sense control and safety measure which HAVE BEEN PROVEN to reduce gun deaths significantly.........

More little boy hero dreams?.............It is more likely the gun you have to "protect your family" will be burgled from your underwear drawer before it will be fired in defense of your property....... And trust me......ISIS ain't ever going to come knocking at your door..............

BTW

No one is calling for gun bans.............just common sense control and safety measure which HAVE BEEN PROVEN to reduce gun deaths significantly.........

Typical of a Loser, when they lose they make it personal it is all you have left. You have wasted enough of my time here, have a good life.

BTW

how many falsehoods are you going to tell? Clinton wanted to ban semi auto "assault weapons" calling them assault weapons is also a lie.. NOTHING has been proven to reduce gun deaths significantly in this country

I already shot a mugger. I know more about this stuff than any gun banner knows about this topic

Last edited:

BTW

why are you so afraid of other people being armed? if you are afraid you might shoot your boyfriend or girlfriend, wife or kid, then don't own a gun. but stop projecting on to those of us who actually are extremely competent in this area

More little boy hero dreams?.............It is more likely the gun you have to "protect your family" will be burgled from your underwear drawer before it will be fired in defense of your property
Prove this.
Then show how your standard is meaningful.

No one is calling for gun bans.............just common sense control and safety measure which HAVE BEEN PROVEN to reduce gun deaths significantly
Where have they been so proven?
Provide that proof.

Back
Top Bottom