• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High Court Rejects Appeal Over Ban on Guns at Post Offices [W:76]

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
High Court Rejects Appeal Over Ban on Guns at Post Offices - ABC News
High Court Rejects Appeal Over Ban on Guns at Post Offices

The Supreme Court won't hear a dispute over a U.S. Postal Service regulation that bans guns from post office property and adjacent parking lots.

The justices on Monday let stand an appeals court ruling that said the Second Amendment right to bear arms does not extend to government buildings or the parking areas that serve them.

The case involved Colorado resident Tab Bonidy, who has a permit to carry a concealed handgun. He sought a court order striking down the regulation after learning he would be prosecuted for carrying his gun while picking up mail at his local post office or leaving it in his car.

The Obama administration argued that the Second Amendment does not restrict laws forbidding guns in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings.

The term "going postal" in the lobby is now against the law..........

Yeah, I know ..........."laws do not prevent these things from happening" .......... but they will go a long way to prevent "accidents"

Well, at least the lunatics know of yet another location where they will face little to no resistance to harming many and quickly.

The Supreme Court won't hear a dispute over a U.S. Postal Service regulation that bans guns from post office property and adjacent parking lots.

The justices on Monday let stand an appeals court ruling that said the Second Amendment right to bear arms does not extend to government buildings or the parking areas that serve them.

The case involved Colorado resident Tab Bonidy, who has a permit to carry a concealed handgun. He sought a court order striking down the regulation after learning he would be prosecuted for carrying his gun while picking up mail at his local post office or leaving it in his car.

The Obama administration argued that the Second Amendment does not restrict laws forbidding guns in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings.

Yeah, I know ..........."laws do not prevent these things from happening" .......... but they will go a long way to prevent "accidents"

what gaping stupidity: last I checked, it was already felony murder to shoot up your place of work no matter whether having the gun there was legal or illegal in the first place.

what gaping stupidity: last I checked, it was already felony murder to shoot up your place of work no matter whether having the gun there was legal or illegal in the first place.

You are correct but your argument/opinion is lacking, suggestive of an answer and unresponsive.........at best IMHO

You are correct but your argument/opinion is lacking, suggestive of an answer and unresponsive.........at best IMHO

wrong

you made a stupid comment. You said the court allowing a ban on people having firearms legally in postal parking areas was now going to make "going postal" illegal. Going postal means shooting co-workers at your place of employment. That has been illegal for as long as anyone can remember so your claim is obviously in error

wrong

you made a stupid comment. You said the court allowing a ban on people having firearms legally in postal parking areas was now going to make "going postal" illegal. Going postal means shooting co-workers at your place of employment. That has been illegal for as long as anyone can remember so your claim is obviously in error

I claim nothing..............read the article to get a handle on the facts of the case and the SCOTUS opinion............the Post Office can set in place rules limiting guns in the building without denying Second Amendment rights...........leave the gun at home before one goes to the Post Office........

I claim nothing..............read the article to get a handle on the facts of the case and the SCOTUS opinion............the Post Office can set in place rules limiting guns in the building without denying Second Amendment rights...........leave the gun at home before one goes to the Post Office........

and I didn't dispute that. I disputed your idiotic claim that this will stop being from going postal

Seems like a violation of public accommodation laws. And the firearm in a car is potentially more of a problem than a firearm on the licensed carrier. (Silly to leave it at home. What is the purpose of a firearm left at home?)

I claim nothing..............read the article to get a handle on the facts of the case and the SCOTUS opinion.....
The SCotUS did not issue an opinion on the facts of the case.

...........leave the gun at home before one goes to the Post Office........

I've read on the Internet that some folks in my town just park in the Express Cuts parking lot, right next door to the post office (and actually closer to the post office entrance than some of the post office's parking spots) , when they find themselves, however unlikely it may be, needing to go to the post office.

I've also read that these same people try to conduct financial transactions online and use commercial shipping solutions whenever possible so as not to have to spend any money with the U.S. Postal Service, as a way of "voting with their wallet" against government nonsense.

Or that's what I "read on the Internet" anyhow...

Can you explain how so?

How so what?

How this will go a long way to preventing accidents...or even in the least bit prevent someone from going postal?

Use your imagination.......

You made the statement. I am inviting you to use your imagination to support your premise. My imagination tells me your imagination is incorrect and that it will do nothing of the sort.

You made the statement. I am inviting you to use your imagination to support your premise. My imagination tells me your imagination is incorrect and that it will do nothing of the sort.

I have no ulterior message my friend.........But just wanted to highlight a "Common Sense" rule/law/regulation the SCOTUS saw no need to confirm/over turn a lower court decision...........In essence..............I am just the messenger.........

Personally, I find no problem with SCOTUS Heller decision..............but as far as the NRA...............that's another story

I have no ulterior message my friend.........But just wanted to highlight a "Common Sense" rule/law/regulation the SCOTUS saw no need to confirm/over turn a lower court decision...........In essence..............I am just the messenger.........

Personally, I find no problem with SCOTUS Heller decision..............but as far as the NRA...............that's another story

WHAT BUGS YOU MOST ABOUT THE NRA?

They rally support for candidates you don't like or they don't let anti gun propagandists spew nonsense un challenged?

WHAT BUGS YOU MOST ABOUT THE NRA?

They rally support for candidates you don't like or they don't let anti gun propagandists spew nonsense un challenged?

What is it I don't like?

How their only interest is to line their pockets' with the money from unsuspecting Hard Working Church goin' Folks by scaring the hill out of them with all the invented "BOOGIEMEN who are going to come take you guns away.........

Plus I have this problem with liars and folks who take advantage of others............Call me crazy but........

I can't wait for them to burn in Hell

What is it I don't like?

How their only interest is to line their pockets' with the money from unsuspecting Hard Working Church goin' Folks by scaring the hill out of them with all the invented "BOOGIEMEN who are going to come take you guns away.........

Plus I have this problem with liars and folks who take advantage of others............Call me crazy but........

I can't wait for them to burn in Hell

Yeah we know-you gun banners pretend its about public safety but it doesn't take much effort to get you to show your real motivations. The NRA kept Al Gore and Mr. Therese Heinz out of office

Yeah we know-you gun banners pretend its about public safety but it doesn't take much effort to get you to show your real motivations. The NRA kept Al Gore and Mr. Therese Heinz out of office

Rather then trying to read my mind........ and placing me in some sort of box to @iss in............

Maybe you might share some of who you are and not parrot the various talking points...........

Not to mention how thoughtless, rude and crass your posts are

Rather then trying to read my mind........ and placing me in some sort of box to @iss in............

Maybe you might share some of who you are and not parrot the various talking points...........

Not to mention how thoughtless, rude and crass your posts are

I deal with reality and the reality is -almost all the Banners are not really interested in public safety but invariably are Democrat party fans who don't like the NRA supporting conservative politicians

I deal with reality and the reality is -almost all the Banners are not really interested in public safety but invariably are Democrat party fans who don't like the NRA supporting conservative politicians

You want to continue to be rude and off subject?

Sorry I don't play that silly game.........

Get lost and do have a nice life.........I have better things to do with my time

BTW

I am a registered Republican......a life long GOP'er

You want to continue to be rude and off subject?

Sorry I don't play that silly game.........

Get lost and do have a nice life.........I have better things to do with my time

Truth hurts apparently. I plan on being here long after you are not. I have no use for people who want to limit our rights or are mad that the NRA doesn't help left wing politicians

Truth hurts apparently. I plan on being here long after you are not. I have no use for people who want to limit our rights or are mad that the NRA doesn't help left wing politicians

Thank you for your sharing with us your personal opinion

Back
Top Bottom