• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Zimmerman goes on depraved Twitter rant after retweeting picture of [W:469]

Re: George Zimmerman goes on depraved Twitter rant after retweeting picture of Trayvo

Based on the testimony, after the police said "we don't need you to do that (follow Martin)" he didn't. Martin had taken off running and darted to the right between the buildings. Zimmerman continued on the sidewalk past where Martin had turned, straight through to the next street. When the 911 operator told him police would meet him near his truck, he turned around and headed back to his truck. Halfway back to his truck, is when Martin ambushed him.

Even if you want to believe he was still following Martin after the 911 operator suggested that he shouldn't, It's been made clear that doing so was not illegal, nor did it justify Martin's attack. It was not an order, but a suggestion made for Zimmerman's safety.

The word "pursue" implies hunting or intention to confront, which absolutely none of the evidence or witness testimony supports.

Whether Martin had "done anything" or not is irrelevant. Zimmerman didn't accuse Martin of a crime, tell police he committed a crime, nor did he try to make a citizens arrest.

What complete bullcrap... The kid wound up dead because instead of continuing home, he decided to turn around and head back toward Zimmerman in order to confront him, which he did when he came up behind Z and brutally attacked him... That's why Martin is dead.

You could make a case that he is now, but to say he was back then, flies in the face of investigations by both state and federal law enforcement, and sworn testimony to both the police and at his trial.

I understand though... Making your own facts up is the only chance to avoid your beliefs looking so ridiculous.

I'm not retrying the whole thing with you.

Re: George Zimmerman goes on depraved Twitter rant after retweeting picture of Trayvo

1) Which wasn't a requirement by law in my state.

2) did he even here that?

3) that holds no bearing on "mental break down." .

I haven't seen anything until after the incident. I wouldn't be surprised to see PTSD. So you have no actual evidence he was "off his rocker." Just that he was an idiot who did what idiots do. And sadly another idiot in the making paid the consequences.

Look, I'm not retrying the case with you either. Zimmerman is a premium asshole, he shows every time he opens his mouth, and the gun pundits love him and will therefore defend him because he was a CCW holder and that's the end of it.

I'm not interested in doing so either. I was just pointing out how your post was based on incorrect or distorted information.

Just to recap:

1. He didn't follow him after the 911 operator suggested against it.
2. It was a suggestion, not a legal order from law enforcement, so the point is moot.
3. There was no "pursuit" of Martin.
4. Whether or not Martin committed a crime is irrelevant, because that isn't why the police were called and nobody accused him of such.
5. Martin is dead because he broke the law by initiating contact with, and physically attacking Z, rather than continuing home.
6. There was/is absolutely no evidence that Zimmerman was "off his rocker" prior to the confrontation with Martin.

I just wanted to set the record straight... that's all.

Last edited:

Zimmerman is a premium asshole, he shows every time he opens his mouth,

That's certainly the impression I'm getting lately.

and the gun pundits love him and will therefore defend him because he was a CCW holder and that's the end of it.

I haven't defended his actions since the trial ended... The only thing I can't stand is people distorting and/or manufacturing facts about the Martin incident to justify their hatred. If people hate him, I couldn't care less... but there is just no call for anyone to change the facts about the Martin incident in order to do so.

I doubt anyone is trying to retry anything.
It is obvious that all involved are correcting your absurdly false assertions.

This guy willfully disobeyed a law enforcement and emergency agency,
NO he didn't.
As you have already been corrected on this with the accurate information, this is nothing but a deliberate untruth.

to pursue
Wrong.
The reality of what happened has already been provided.
Since you have been informed of it, your reply is nothing but a deliberate untruth.

There was no pursuit, there was no chase and there was no stalking. Zimmerman observed a suspicious person who he called the police on and went in the same direction he did in an attempt to keep track of him so he could point him out to the police when they arrived.

an innocent teenager who had DONE NOTHING,
Trayvon was seen looking into homes which is not being innocent and is not having done nothing.
Your assertion is nothing but an absolute fantasy and as the factual information has already been provided, it is a deliberate untruth.

and the kid winds up dead because Zimmerman was packing heat.
Trayvon was a young adult old enough to be emancipated and join the military.

Zimmerman, as we all have seen, is not a rational individual. So, yeah, Zimmerman was off his rocker then as he is now.
Wrong.
You have no factual information to even say such. This reply of your is also a deliberate untruth.

Look, I'm not retrying the case with you either. Zimmerman is a premium asshole, he shows every time he opens his mouth, and the gun pundits love him and will therefore defend him because he was a CCW holder and that's the end of it.

Sigh...I don't love him. I don't even respect him. I think he is a colossal jackass and an idiot. But he didn't commit murder. And our judicial system feels the same way. Period.

You made a definite claim though. You said he had a mental breakdown pre shooting. That is an actual thing, so when I asked you for proof...I was thinking maybe you had some. But instead you are just one of the gun control/anti CCW pundits who would throw people in jail for defending their life.

So is he a nut? Yes. Is he potentially having a mental breakdown now? Absolutely. Pre shooting? Doubt it. I doubt that was the cause. The cause was stupidity on the part of 2 parties.

I'm not interested in doing so either. I was just pointing out how your post was based on incorrect or distorted information.

Just to recap:

1. He didn't follow him after the 911 operator suggested against it.
2. It was a suggestion, not a legal order from law enforcement, so the point is moot.
3. There was no "pursuit" of Martin.
4. Whether or not Martin committed a crime is irrelevant, because that isn't why the police were called and nobody accused him of such.
5. Martin is dead because he broke the law by initiating contact with, and physically attacking Z, rather than continuing home.
6. There was/is absolutely no evidence that Zimmerman was "off his rocker" prior to the confrontation with Martin.

I just wanted to set the record straight... that's all.

All of what you posted is wrong. But we agree that Zimmerman is a capital creep and that was my point in the discussion.

He did not simply "suspect" him of a crime. By his own words he convicted Martin of being a criminal for doing nothing but walking and being black at the same time. It is almost sad you think you can sell a justified racism.

Where did he convict Martin of being a criminal? Please be specific.

Also you should worry about your own racism, not what you perceive in others.

Sigh...I don't love him. I don't even respect him. I think he is a colossal jackass and an idiot. But he didn't commit murder. And our judicial system feels the same way. Period.

You made a definite claim though. You said he had a mental breakdown pre shooting. That is an actual thing, so when I asked you for proof...I was thinking maybe you had some. But instead you are just one of the gun control/anti CCW pundits who would throw people in jail for defending their life.

So is he a nut? Yes. Is he potentially having a mental breakdown now? Absolutely. Pre shooting? Doubt it. I doubt that was the cause. The cause was stupidity on the part of 2 parties.

Zimmerman is wanna be cop. His actions as such were and are irrational and we agree that he is a nut. That was my point. Dragging out points of the trial to defend a nut who acted and acts irrationally is a zero sum game.

We agree and that's the point.

George Zimmerman goes on depraved Twitter rant after retweeting picture of [W...

Zimmerman is wanna be cop. His actions as such were and are irrational and we agree that he is a nut. That was my point. Dragging out points of the trial to defend a nut who acted and acts irrationally is a zero sum game.

We agree and that's the point.

We don't agree that the trial was zero sum. The guy wasn't a murderer. He was stupid. We can't convict people of murder for being stupid. If we could our prisons would have to be built on islands the size of Greenland.

Re: George Zimmerman goes on depraved Twitter rant after retweeting picture of [W...

We don't agree that the trial was zero sum. The guy wasn't a murderer. He was stupid. We can't convict people of murder for being stupid. If we could our prisons would have to be built on islands and not chance of escape.

Never said the trial was a zero sum game, though now that you mention it...

The zero sum game here is trying to drag out all the old stuff in defense of a CCW holder who really has no business around guns.

"He was stupid" - you are correct, that was point one.

"He IS stupid" - again, you are correct, that was point two.

Glad we can agree.

:2wave:

Re: George Zimmerman goes on depraved Twitter rant after retweeting picture of [W...

why are you all even discussing this idiot?

he is yesterdays news

or a never was, depending on your perspective

59 pages and going?

All of what you posted is wrong. But we agree that Zimmerman is a capital creep and that was my point in the discussion.

Actually, you're wrong.

You see, I watched every single day of that trial, so I know the facts of the case.

Re: George Zimmerman goes on depraved Twitter rant after retweeting picture of [W:469

All of what you posted is wrong.
Wrong.
What he posted was correct and what you posted is wrong and has been from the get. Everything you have posted has been nothing but dishonest bs.

But we agree that Zimmerman is a capital creep and that was my point in the discussion.
Wrong.

Zimmerman is wanna be cop.
Wrong. He doesn't want to be a cop.
Even he made that clear.

His actions as such were and are irrational and we agree that he is a nut.
You can not point to any action on his part that was irrational or showed him to be a nut.
Your reply is just more dishonesty and based in as irrational hatred of a person who did not wrong.

to defend a nut who acted and acts irrationally is a zero sum game.
No one is defending you so don't sweat it.

Re: George Zimmerman goes on depraved Twitter rant after retweeting picture of [W:469

For those actually interested in the pursuit of truth.

Zimmerman has given his side of the story.

George Zimmerman says he inadvertently retweeted photo of Trayvon Martin's body

In a letter posted Monday, Zimmerman says that the photo in the original tweet was marked as "sensitive" so it didn't automatically display and he retweeted the message, which said "Z-man is a one man army," without seeing the image.

"The image of the body was blocked on my twitter feed and all twitter feeds," the letter, embedded below, reads. "Until the user chose to click on the blocked image warning it does not show the image. I did not click on the blocked image and preview it prior to re-tweeting it."​

George Zimmerman says he inadvertently retweeted photo of Trayvon Martin's body

The picture did not originate with Zimmerman.

He did not go look for it and send it out hoping to piss people off.

It originated with somebody else, but nobody is asking who.

Forgive me if I do not understand Twitter lingo (never saw the appeal) but I assume re-tweeting is like FB's sharing. If I'm correct, then please explain how doing such a thing is not meant to piss people off.

First of all, are we sure it is Zimmerman doing the posting?

Yes, it's confirmed to be his account. His family acknowledges it, he has directly spoken the to media through the account, and he markets his artwork on the account. The account looks like a farce and joke, but it is actually George Zimmerman. That is how low he has sunk.

Yes, it's confirmed to be his account. His family acknowledges it, he has directly spoken the to media through the account, and he markets his artwork on the account. The account looks like a farce and joke, but it is actually George Zimmerman. That is how low he has sunk.
And still.
All he did was retweet the written message w/o actually seeing the image that accompanied it.

Zimmerman is much like the Confederate Flag. He exists so that the rest of us can more quickly identify society's assholes.

This is just yet more evidence that there's something seriously wrong with George Zimmerman.

This is just yet more evidence that there's something seriously wrong with George Zimmerman.
D'oh!
iLOL
Not.

If you don't see it, there's probably something wrong with you too.
I do not need to see the ridiculous manifestations of your thoughts to know you are wrong, and thus, you are only speaking of yourself.

And still.
All he did was retweet the written message w/o actually seeing the image that accompanied it.

I am curious, how do you know he did not see the image?

I do not need to see the ridiculous manifestations of your thoughts to know you are wrong, and thus, you are only speaking of yourself.

"I know you are but what am I".

Wow, what's next from the Excon font of wisdom? "You're rubber and I'm glue, everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you"?

Back
Top Bottom