• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Geert Wilders on Track to Become Next Prime Minister of the Netherlands[W:91]

coldjoint

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Geert Wilders, chairman of the Party for Freedom (PVV), has been celebrating on Twitter today. The reason? His party is now the biggest party in the Dutch polls. With elections coming up in March 2017, the populist politician seems to be on track to become the Netherlands' next prime minister.

According to the latest poll of Maurice de Hond, the Netherlands' most famous pollster, the PVV would become the biggest party in parliament if elections were held today (link in Dutch): they'd get 33 seats in the 150-seat lower chamber.

Holy Trump and Brexit Batman. I like it. :happy:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/1...o-become-the-netherlands-next-prime-minister/

Good news to hear over here; it tells us the Dutch are having second thoughts about letting leftist loons lead the country into mass cultural suicide. Things are looking up around Europe in general; I guess they are finally getting fed up with the kids running the asylum and feel the need to become adults again.

The most recent Dutch poll shows that the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD) is ahead of the Party for Freedom (PVV) by 1%, 28% to 27%. But 240 days ago, PVV took 33%, while VVD was only 25%. Geert Wilders' popularity may be on the wane because of the ongoing hate speech trial in the Netherlands.

Dutch polls

I think it is worth mentioning that it is literally almost impossible for the PVV to form the government most pollsters have that possibility at <1% because all the other parties have pacts to always form a government in case the PVV wins the most seats so a VVD led coalition is almost guaranteed even if the PVV "wins" the election. No party wants to support the PVV. Maybe you should actually try actually learning about the Dutch political system and climate. The poll of polls has the VVD leading again.

Another thing, since Brexit the popularity of the EU has risen substantially in the Netherlands partly contributing to the PVVs recent decline in the polls.

Last edited:
33 seats out of 150 is not a majority...He would have to find coalition partners, and that would be extremely difficult.

Good news to hear over here; it tells us the Dutch are having second thoughts about letting leftist loons lead the country into mass cultural suicide. Things are looking up around Europe in general; I guess they are finally getting fed up with the kids running the asylum and feel the need to become adults again.
From this side of the Atlantic the US looks like an asylum.

From this side of the Atlantic the US looks like an asylum.

that's because it has always served as one, especially for European nuts ....

I think it is worth mentioning that it is literally almost impossible for the PVV to form the government most pollsters have that possibility at <1% because all the other parties have pacts to always form a government in case the PVV wins the most seats so a VVD led coalition is almost guaranteed even if the PVV "wins" the election. No party wants to support the PVV. Maybe you should actually try actually learning about the Dutch political system and climate. The poll of polls has the VVD leading again.

Another thing, since Brexit the popularity of the EU has risen substantially in the Netherlands partly contributing to the PVVs recent decline in the polls.

Let him bray his ignorance for all to see.

The most recent Dutch poll shows that the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD) is ahead of the Party for Freedom (PVV) by 1%, 28% to 27%. But 240 days ago, PVV took 33%, while VVD was only 25%. Geert Wilders' popularity may be on the wane because of the ongoing hate speech trial in the Netherlands.

Dutch polls

A ridiculous kangaroo court; nothing he said constituted 'hate speech'. This is just a show trial and persecution. Apparently reading the Koran and stating what is in it is to be avoided, according to the loons.

that's because it has always served as one, especially for European nuts ....

We'd send them to our prison colony... Then there were the religious extremists on the Mayflower.

33 seats out of 150 is not a majority...He would have to find coalition partners, and that would be extremely difficult.

Most would say impossible.

We'd send them to our prison colony... Then there were the religious extremists on the Mayflower.

As I recall it was largely the English Kings who were the 'religious extremists', not the other way around. And King George III was a certified mental case, but fortunately some of the more insane nuts stayed home and fathered many more nuts, so we're at least grateful for that over here. In any case, in time all the English, Irish, German, French, Slavic, and Scandinavian nuts cancelled each other out in nuttiness and nobody noticed any more.

Last edited:
We have to face the fact that there is a reasonable chance that he will win the elections. The way Dutch politics works I am actually starting to think that it would be better to let him win. Not because I do agree with Geert Wilders, but because I do not agree with him. However, once he is in power people will realize that he is useless when he is in power and as a consequence the cabinet will fall with new elections coming. Give him 6 months to 2 years . After that he will never reach the popularity he enjoys now and we finally got rid of him. The sad thing is of course that the established political parties do not recognize the fact that the people in the country are not happy and they are looking for someone to blame. This always works. Remember Hitler? Remember Mussolini? And we see this happening now in other places with people like Trump, Erdogan and recently of course in the UK with this Brexit nonsense. And this is of course the reason why Geert Wilders, and people like him anywhere else, makes a reasonable chance to win the election.

Joey

We have to face the fact that there is a reasonable chance that he will win the elections. The way Dutch politics works I am actually starting to think that it would be better to let him win. Not because I do agree with Geert Wilders, but because I do not agree with him. However, once he is in power people will realize that he is useless when he is in power and as a consequence the cabinet will fall with new elections coming. Give him 6 months to 2 years . After that he will never reach the popularity he enjoys now and we finally got rid of him. The sad thing is of course that the established political parties do not recognize the fact that the people in the country are not happy and they are looking for someone to blame. This always works. Remember Hitler? Remember Mussolini? And we see this happening now in other places with people like Trump, Erdogan and recently of course in the UK with this Brexit nonsense. And this is of course the reason why Geert Wilders, and people like him anywhere else, makes a reasonable chance to win the election.

Joey

Could he really win 75 seats? That seems pretty unlikely to me... but then, I haven't followed Dutch policies closely in recent times.

Or would he need a coalition partner? If yes, who could that be? The VVD? If yes, wouldn't they be able to tame him a little, and refuse to pass his nuttier ideas?

A Dutch friend who was here for a visit a few weeks ago, told me the IHO most frightening thing about Wilders is that his party has basically no internal democracy. He can hire and fire members at his will. Unlike, say, the German AFD, which like all German parties is required by law to internally apply democratic structures.

Could he really win 75 seats?
No way!
That seems pretty unlikely to me... but then, I haven't followed Dutch policies closely in recent times.
Trouble is that nobody else appears to be able to win 76 seats. For any single party an impossibility anyway but there's no conceivable alliance of parties that could do it either.
Or would he need a coalition partner? If yes, who could that be? The VVD? If yes, wouldn't they be able to tame him a little, and refuse to pass his nuttier ideas?.........................~
Yes to all.

Or, seen the other way around, they'd need him.

Could he really win 75 seats? That seems pretty unlikely to me... but then, I haven't followed Dutch policies closely in recent times.

Or would he need a coalition partner? If yes, who could that be? The VVD? If yes, wouldn't they be able to tame him a little, and refuse to pass his nuttier ideas?

A Dutch friend who was here for a visit a few weeks ago, told me the IHO most frightening thing about Wilders is that his party has basically no internal democracy. He can hire and fire members at his will. Unlike, say, the German AFD, which like all German parties is required by law to internally apply democratic structures.

Yep, I agree there might not be an outright victory in the sense that he will get over 75 votes. And it is going to be hard for him to find anyone who wants to be in a coalition with him as well. I find it hard to believe that he will make a coalition with the VVD simply because this is the party he left when he went alone for it. And this episode did not exactly end in good terms either...

Joey

Those remarks on Wilders are quite interesting.

Except there is no guarantee that the leader of the biggest party even gets into the government because I doubt that there is one political party who is willing to be a part of Geert "hatemong" Wilders government.

Not the CDA or the VVD because he has stabbed them in the back previously and virtually all major parties do not want to be in a Wilders government and with no majority he will never become prime minister in the Netherlands.

There is no pact in all honesty, the reasons no party wants to join a PVV government, is because the PVV has racist, undemocratic and unconstitutional ideas. The PVV also has stabbed the other right wing and center right wing parties (VVD and CDA) in the back. The other political parties have been insulted by him so many times that most parties are not willing to be part of a PVV administration.

A ridiculous kangaroo court; nothing he said constituted 'hate speech'. This is just a show trial and persecution. Apparently reading the Koran and stating what is in it is to be avoided, according to the loons.

Well, that is utter nonsense. The court is the absolute opposite of a "kangaroo court", all the court does is uphold the law, Wilders broke the law and has been convicted for his offenses.

And this has nothing to do with the reading of the Koran or stating what is in it (especially due to very biased and incomplete reading that Wilders has used in the past). And the loons are Geert Wilders and the lunatics who believe every lie this man has stated.

Back
Top Bottom