• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First on CNN: Sources say MH17 report blames Russian missile for shooting down plane

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
First on CNN: Sources say MH17 report blames Russian missile for shooting down plane

July 16, 2015

(CNN) - It's been nearly one year since 298 people were killed after a commercial passenger plane broke up over the Ukraine. A final report from investigators has yet to be released but CNN has learned new details from the draft investigative report for the July 17, 2014 incident. Dutch accident investigators say that evidence points to pro-Russian rebels as being responsible for shooting down MH-17, according to a source who has seen the report. According to the source, the report says it was a Buk missile -- a Russian surface-to-air missile -- that was used, launched from a village in Russian rebel controlled territory. A final report from investigators has yet to be released but CNN has learned new details from the draft investigative report for the July 17, 2014 incident.

Dutch accident investigators say that evidence points to pro-Russian rebels as being responsible for shooting down MH-17, according to a source who has seen the report. According to the source, the report says it was a Buk missile -- a Russian surface-to-air missile -- that was used, launched from a village in Russian rebel controlled territory.

Another source with knowledge of the report's details says it gives a minute by minute timeline of flight MH17. This source also says not only does the draft report pinpoint where the missile was fired from it identifies who was in control of the territory and pins the downing of MH17 on the pro-Russian rebels. According to both sources, the report also pins some blame on Malaysia Airlines for how its planes were dispatched that day.

The Dutch Safety Board draft is several hundred pages long. The final report is expected to be competed and published in the first half of October 2015.

One year on, MH17 evidence against separatists appears overwhelming

MH17 Lawsuit Filed In U.S. Court Against Ex-Separatist Leader Girkin

Russia Blocks UN Tribunal On MH17

BszE3osIIAEyQDs.jpg

Dutch Safety Board draft says pro-Russia rebels shot down MH17 with a Russian BUK missile killing 298

Re: First on CNN: Sources say MH17 report blames Russian missile for shooting down pl

Simpleχity;1064826705 said:

The Dutch Safety Board draft is several hundred pages long. The final report is expected to be competed and published in the first half of October 2015.

BszE3osIIAEyQDs.jpg

Dutch Safety Board draft says pro-Russia rebels shot down MH17 with a Russian BUK missile killing 298

I wonder if one of the overwhelming pieces of evidence was the twitter post from a Russian separatists minutes after the plane crashed wherein he said something to the effect of, "We warned you not to fly in our air space." A tweet that was deleted just a few minutes after reports first started to come out that a passenger jet had just lost contact over the airspace in Ukraine.

It is also quite shameful the structure of the UN Security Council that a single member can veto such an investigation and there is no way to override that veto.

Re: First on CNN: Sources say MH17 report blames Russian missile for shooting down pl

I wonder if one of the overwhelming pieces of evidence was the twitter post from a Russian separatists minutes after the plane crashed wherein he said something to the effect of, "We warned you not to fly in our air space." A tweet that was deleted just a few minutes after reports first started to come out that a passenger jet had just lost contact over the airspace in Ukraine.

It is also quite shameful the structure of the UN Security Council that a single member can veto such an investigation and there is no way to override that veto

Anyone shocked Russia did this?

Where did the the Russian rebels get Russian missiles?

It couldn't have been from Russia's military, could it Putin?

I blame the idiots that decided to fly a civilian airliner over a war zone. And do not tell me he had no choice...he did.

I would not be shocked if the rebels did it. I also would be shocked if they meant to do it (unless they were mentally disturbed) as surely they knew what damage it would do to their cause if they did and were found out.

Of course, if Kiev had just honored the referendum back when the region overwhelmingly voted to leave the Ukraine (I could care less what their ridiculous law on the matter says); or held their own (and undoubtedly the result would have been similar). Then the region would leave peacefully, there would be no civil war and flight MH17 would never have been shot down.

Kiev are idiots and selfish. They cannot hang onto the region. The residents there will never want to rejoin Ukraine now anyway (war tends to cause a lot of hatred for the enemy). But the leaders seemingly would rather kill those in the region then let them do what they voted to do. Kiev should ask for a binding, internationally monitored referendum and let the region go (assuming it votes to leave).
But they won't, because they realize that a referendum would not go their way.

And Kiev clearly cares more about their egos then the people in the region who have and will continue to suffer.

Last edited:

Britain joins call for MH17 tribunal

Kremlin likely to sabotage efforts to criminally prosecute in MH17 case

Putin Rejects U.N. Tribunal for Downed Malaysian Jet

Because of where the trail will lead, Putin has no desire to allow a UN investigative tribunal and will veto any such initiative.

'Sickening' footage of Russian-backed rebels arriving at MH17 crash site emerges

Australia 'sickened' at purported new MH17 footage

Video of pro-Russia rebels rifling through the belongings of their victims.

How We Know Russia Shot Down MH17

Social media trail points to Russian culpability for MH17 shootdown

Proof of MH17 tragedy’s real culprits grows

MH17 and Putin’s end

RTR3Z9TQ-1024x682.jpg

Pro-Russia rebel hoists aloft the stuffed toy of a MH17 victim

I blame the idiots that decided to fly a civilian airliner over a war zone. And do not tell me he had no choice...he did.

It was a bad choice flying over a bunch of Russian idiots who shot it down.

I would not be shocked if the rebels did it. I also would be shocked if they meant to do it (unless they were mentally disturbed) as surely they knew what damage it would do to their cause if they did and were found out.

Well, they've been discovered; not that rational people didn't already know the rebels did it with Russian military hardware provided by Putin. Not only did they do it, they lied about it and Russia blocked a UN tribunal to prosecute those responsible for it. (More evidence Russia was involved.)

Of course, if Kiev had just honored the referendum back when the region overwhelmingly voted to leave the Ukraine (I could care less what their ridiculous law on the matter says); or held their own (and undoubtedly the result would have been similar). Then the region would leave peacefully, there would be no civil war and flight MH17 would never have been shot down.

Laws only matter when you support them?

The same could be said about the Confederate States of America.

Kiev are idiots and selfish. They cannot hang onto the region. The residents there will never want to rejoin Ukraine now anyway (war tends to cause a lot of hatred for the enemy). But the leaders seemingly would rather kill those in the region then let them do what they voted to do.

Pretty sure Russians are the invaders.

Kiev should ask for a binding, internationally monitored referendum and let the region go (assuming it votes to leave).

And Kiev clearly cares more about their egos then the people in the region who have and will continue to suffer.

And Russia cares more about killing innocent civilians to get what they want.

All they had to do was just look into the matter... and confirm that the proof was in the Putin....?

A beautiful example of anti-Russian propaganda. It was obvious from Day One. False Flag all the way.

A beautiful example of anti-Russian propaganda. It was obvious from Day One. False Flag all the way.

More like following the clues.

Following the clues?

You mean like the clues provided by satellite photos never turned over to international authorities? Or ATC records never made public?

Many journalists are on record that the authorities are NOT releasing any supporting documents for their claims.

My bet is Mossad is behind the scenes, from the get-go.

Did anyone in this site not see HD coming to the defense of Russia and blaming the U.S. with another conspiracy? Anyone?

Maybe you should just stick to your nukes at the twin towers bit. That one is funnier

Following the clues?

You mean like the clues provided by satellite photos never turned over to international authorities? Or ATC records never made public?

Many journalists are on record that the authorities are NOT releasing any supporting documents for their claims.

Please share the evidence you have that would compel you to make that claim.

I'm sorry, but why? There's a perfect forum to pursue this but I'm utterly baffled how you can link Israel to the Ukrainian Civil War. It's like taking a reflex hammer to a patella and some dude will say instinctively say Mossad.

Kiev are idiots and selfish. They cannot hang onto the region. The residents there will never want to rejoin Ukraine now anyway (war tends to cause a lot of hatred for the enemy). But the leaders seemingly would rather kill those in the region then let them do what they voted to do. Kiev should ask for a binding, internationally monitored referendum and let the region go (assuming it votes to leave).

A number of airlines were using that airspace.
The referendum was bogus.

Yeah yeah. Everythings a conspiracy isn't it ? :roll:

A number of airlines were using that airspace.
The referendum was bogus.

A few minutes earlier and it would have been a Virgin flight a few minutes later a Cathay Pacific one. Malaysian airlines (and not for the first time) just got unlucky :(

Μολὼν λαβέ;1064832985 said:
Please share the evidence you have that would compel you to make that claim.

Just a hunch, gents, based upon past performance.

What's really cool about the MH17 incident is that it fell (no pun) on the anniversary of TWA800. :shock:

Yeah yeah. Everythings a conspiracy isn't it ? :roll:

Well not everything, but many things.

I could tell it was a false flag, or at least a major propaganda effort, by the way it was presented by the mainstream media in the US.

Maybe I am just hyper-perceptive?

Damning Video Shows Pro-Russian Rebels Surprised MH17 Was Civilian

Russian-Backed Troops Picnic on MH17 Wreckage

One year after MH17: the Kremlin’s responsibility

A Year After MH17 Shot Down, Kremlin Rebuffs Call For Tribunal

How Russia Is Blocking Justice for the Victims of Flight 17

mh17-plane.jpg

Wreckage from Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 lies in a field in Grabovo, Ukraine, on July 22, 2014

Russian media outlet L!fenews claiming first that the 'separatists' shot down a Ukrainian AN-26 (military cargo plane) ... then, realizing that a civilian plane had been downed ... accuses Ukraine of shooting down MH17:

[video=youtube;vjUpRD6yMYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?vjUpRD6yMYg[/video]

-----
Russian rebel leader Igor Girkin's ('Strelkov') VK claim to have shot down a Ukrainian military plane (later removed):

CKE4rn2UwAA_6up.jpg:large

I just wonder if this is our propaganda machine conditioning the American people for a possible war. Just a thought. Because this is basically testimony about a document. What will the actual document reveal?

Well not everything, but many things.

I could tell it was a false flag, or at least a major propaganda effort, by the way it was presented by the mainstream media in the US.

Maybe I am just hyper-perceptive?
Maybe it's not hyper-perceptive but hyper-paranoid that you are.

I always love how the CTers always think they are the only ones smart enough to see through the conspiracy and everyone else(the vast majority of the population) is just to dumb, scared, or close minded to figure it out.
I wonder if it is some sort of mental disorder

Just a hunch, gents, based upon past performance.

What's really cool about the MH17 incident is that it fell (no pun) on the anniversary of TWA800. :shock:

230 people died on that flight? What's cool about it?

Μολὼν λαβέ;1064829227 said:
Anyone shocked Russia did this?

Where did the the Russian rebels get Russian missiles?

It couldn't have been from Russia's military, could it Putin?

Yes, Russia arms it's proxies just like China, the UK, France, Israel, the US, in fact BFD!!!!

To the bolded, of course. Didn't the US "accidentally" shoot down an Iranian civilian aircraft?

Simpleχity;1064826705 said:

BszE3osIIAEyQDs.jpg

Thanks for this update. It appeared that the pro-Russian rebels were the most likely candidate for having shot down the civilian airliner. It will be interesting to see the finished report when it comes out and then whether Russia would maintain its position of precluding prosecution of the involved parties through its Security Council veto.

Back
Top Bottom