• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you believe in God? [W:10]

Do you believe in God?

• I believe in the Jewish/Christian/Muslim God

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • I believe in the Hindu Gods

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I believe in the Buddhist/Shinto/Taoist/etc view of God

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I believe in the existence of an impersonal but intelligent higher power

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I am an Atheist

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • I believe a little of everything

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • I believe in Dog...not God

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I truly wish I could believe in God. I've seen how comforting the belief can be. I just can't bring myself to believe.

In my own personal opinion I do believe in God, i am an Eastern Right Catholic and I believe that God offered the people his son as a sacrifice for our sins. I live in a very religious household but im the type of person that questions every and anything i find questionable. I dont believe everything im told and the church encourages to not believe anything you find questionable. With that said I was once a non-believer many many years ago, i was a self proclaimed atheist and all that led to was un-fulfillment and emptiness. When i was 15 I was encouraged by my friend to at least give this church youth group a try (She knew i didnt believe in God or even attend mass). So I finally went and I even remember announcing to the couple dozen youths that i didn't believe in God but i sincerely wanted to because I always felt the emptiness that i mentioned earlier. I didnt feel complete. At all. To my surprise no one in the group gasped or gave me a look when I announced that i didnt believe in God. I can honestly say that this youth group changed my life more than I can even explain. I still continue to ask questions regarding my faith but I can honestly and whole-heartily say that I believe in the Bible and its teachings. Ive read a few other religious books because I still wanted to keep my options open but even with that I stuck with my Catholic religion.

This is my belief at least, obviously others believe differently.

I don't believe in "god" and I don't think it makes sense for anyone to believe in a god or gods. There's no evidence, just cultural and religious upbringings that perpetuate blind faith.

There's no more reason to believe in god than to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Russell's teapot, or Santa Claus.

Moderator's Warning:
Please read the rules for this sub-forum before posting here.

In my experience, his comment is a heart-felt one. Sure, it may offend some users, but is that a good enough reason to limit freedom of speech?

You don't have to answer of course.

I don't believe in "god" and I don't think it makes sense for anyone to believe in a god or gods. There's no evidence, just cultural and religious upbringings that perpetuate blind faith.

There's no more reason to believe in god than to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Russell's teapot, or Santa Claus.

Unfortunately your comment isn't allowed bud. I wouldn't mini-mod but I already replied to a similar comment a moment ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom