• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis bans homeless from sleeping on public property

You can invite them to sleep in your house. If every sanctimon8ous, self-righteous leftist took in one homeless person, there would be no homeless.
But what do you suggest they do?

What would Jesus do with them?

Maybe they can sleep in the manger.

What is misleading? If DeSantis wants to help the homeless...shouldn't the state of Florida be the ones to fund such programs to help the displaced rather than requiring the local municipalities to do it themselves?

I don't know why Floridians re-elected Ron DeSantis. In the end...DeSantis speaks of problems...not solutions...and he seems unwilling to get off his ass to address any of these problems himself.
I think what this is about is making the state look good for tourists. Putting on a bandaid instead of healing the wound, or better yet, putting lipstick on the pig.

"Until you need help"
Meaning... until the laziness, unwillingness, debauchery and addictions that THEY put first in their life eventually take them to a place where they have nothing left.
And then they want to be able to scatter across public lands like trash, urinate and defecate on open ground where ever they want - and expect no one should bother them.
That is absurd. Productive people deserve the right to be able to travel safely around their city, enjoy the city they built and maintain without having to deal with the crime, filth and unsightliness of people who refuse to do anything but lay around in stupor.

Heartless? No. But that doesn't mean that they should be able to pollute and ruin public property across the country either,
Some people find it easier to deal with life's problems by blaming others, and making accusations of laziness, and evil. I'm not one of those people. Until you walk in others shoes, you won't understand their issues, but unfortunately, it doesn't take walking in their shoes for others to become their judge and jury. That's free to do.

I think Americans would do better looking at others in the communal vain, instead of with the competitive mind set. We are a community, it isn't you and them, it's all of us, united. How can we make it better for all of us? That includes the ones you feel are just lazy addicts.

No you said what I should do.

I am asking you what do YOU think they should do, and also what would Jesus do with them?
Good point! I believe Jesus would be laying around in the street with them, feeding them, listening to them, and helping them.

But, this isn't your mothers Christians, they're the new brutal Christian warriors. Not the same mindset.

You think that the Homeless have jobs?

You think this guy is waking up to go to Microsoft?

View attachment 67500058
I'm homeless and I have a job.

I believe it's 54% of the sheltered homeless have jobs. And yes--that man could wake up, shower at the gas station or local resource center, and go to work his job. Many people do.

Not true. I would rather them be in a homeless shelter. In any event, there is no point in having parks if we allow them to be transformed into landfills.
There is no point to having citizens if we allow them to be transformed into homeless people.

No you said what I should do.

I am asking you what do YOU think they should do, and also what would Jesus do with them?
No, I said what all sanctimonious and self-righteous leftists should do. And my suggestion would solve the homeless crisis forever. You seem to have no plan other than to complain.

Good point! I believe Jesus would be laying around in the street with them, feeding them, listening to them, and helping them.

But, this isn't your mothers Christians, they're the new brutal Christian warriors. Not the same mindset.
And what are you doing about it other than preening?

I think what this is about is making the state look good for tourists. Putting on a bandaid instead of healing the wound, or better yet, putting lipstick on the pig.
Or he could do what left wing governors do--nothing.

No, I said what all sanctimonious and self-righteous leftists should do. And my suggestion would solve the homeless crisis forever. You seem to have no plan other than to complain.
I am asking YOU what YOU think should be done, and what YOU think Jesus would do with them.

You can't seem to answer.

Which suggests that "You seem to have no plan other than to complain."

Nice projection

I am asking YOU what YOU think should be done, and what YOU think Jesus would do with them.
You would have to ask Jesus.
You can't seem to answer.

Which suggests that "You seem to have no plan other than to complain."

Nice projection
I have provided a solution, you have not. All you have done is complain.

put them all in hotel rooms

that's what we do for illegalls, should be something we could do for US citizens too I'd think ... and give them debit cards too, like they do illegals, and plane tickets ...... I mean, we're only 35 trillion in debt, we can afford it can't we ?

that's what we do for illegalls, should be something we could do for US citizens too I'd think ... and give them debit cards too, like they do illegals, and plane tickets ...... I mean, we're only 35 trillion in debt, we can afford it can't we ?
Yes. Desantis should fly them to Los Angeles where they can get treated the way the virtuous left wants them to be treated--Living in squalor in a tent on a city street doing drugs all day and shitting in the streets.

Ive answered it twice now. See post #84 for the latest.
Hence my point.

"They should move in with a liberal"
isn't an answer.

It's more of a troll post than answer.

I guess you aren't interested in adult conversation

The only reason it wouldnt be an answer is if libs are phonies. Which they are.

With you? No.
Well there you have it.

You don't have an honest answer.....you admit the point of your pretend answer was to insult liberals, in other words to troll.

And what are you doing about it other than preening?
A lot more than someone arguing it I'll assure you of that. I doubt you'll vote for any program giving them a universal income, and housing, am I right?

I would have gladly spent the money my republican governor spent of tourism ads during the height of the pandemic, and the legal fees accrued by all their anti woke shit on it. For sure!

Cons waste money like no other on stupid shit bent on thwarting libs instead of actually helping people. :rolleyes: It's no wonder real Christians are embarrassed of Christian Nationalists, and want their religion back, you know, the one that actually helps people in need.

Well there you have it.

You don't have an honest answer.....you admit the point of your pretend answer was to insult liberals, in other words to troll.
Exactly. Funny, there is no long list of things that poster is doing to help the homeless, but yet demands that of everyone who he thinks is a 'lib.'

What makes a person use such a great platform to do such petty things? I think, as a homeless person myself, that I am very capable and worthy of respect. Yet, that doesn't seem to phase some on this board in the way they speak about the homeless. I am definitely not 'shitting on the street' or doing 'drugs in public' or turning parks into 'landfills.'

I find it truly horrible that the programs that COULD help the MAJORITY of the working homeless get as much support as street-shitters and public drug abusers get from people like that.

Very sad. It's like calling all black people the N-word. Maybe one day we'll be enlightened enough to understand the harm done by giving credence to that sort of national dialogue.

Money. Money. Money. Money. Money. Money. Money

Where will the sustaining financial support come from?

The legislation, which takes effect on Oct. 1, requires local governments to designate a public space for camping or sleeping if shelter spaces are full. Local governments must also provide security, behavioral health services and bathrooms with running water, but Tallahassee is not sending additional money, so local governments can fulfill that mandate.

New Florida law on where homeless people can sleep could be costly for local governments
Maybe the city of Miami can come up with the funds necessary to meet those demands by raising their local sales tax. Where is a town with less than 15,000 people supposed to get that money? That's part of why it needs to be done by the state.

Some people find it easier to deal with life's problems by blaming others, and making accusations of laziness, and evil. I'm not one of those people. Until you walk in others shoes, you won't understand their issues, but unfortunately, it doesn't take walking in their shoes for others to become their judge and jury. That's free to do.

I think Americans would do better looking at others in the communal vain, instead of with the competitive mind set. We are a community, it isn't you and them, it's all of us, united. How can we make it better for all of us? That includes the ones you feel are just lazy addicts.
As I have written here many times I worked with the homeless in a St Vincent de Paul soup kitchen for five years until covid closed it down. It was eye opening to say the least. These are, for the most part, people just like you and me who have made bad decisions or had just awful luck or both. Most people do not have enough exposure to the homeless to know that they are mostly ordinary people. Yes there are druggies and mentally ill but my experience is that thats not a majority at all. Its easy to step on the helpless in this country. Out of sight out of mind. Kick them out of public parks and they will simply go elsewhere, probably the streets. I can't even imaging what its like to live outdoors in cold rain. DeSatan has the compassion of an ice cube.

Back
Top Bottom